Cockburn, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio Nowhere
Working on a Dream
Born to Run
Glory Days

Something like that or very similar.

Radio Nowhere
Working on a Dream
Born to Run
Glory Days

Something like that or very similar.

I think Working On A Dream is too slow for a Super Bowl performance. Plus, I hope he's heard that it hasn't gotten the greatest feedback from fans.

If he has to do a new song, I'd prefer My Lucky Day instead.

I also think he'll do The Rising instead of Radio Nowhere.

Born To Run is obvious.

It's the possible fourth song that I'm wondering about. I don't think it will be Glory Days, although it could certainly happen. Maybe it'll be Badlands or The Promised Land.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

That's an exaggeration, but only slightly. My mothers other albums:

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel of Love
Bruce Springsteen - Magic
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Traffic - Mr. Fantasy
Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park

That's right, she owns about six actual albums. The rest are greatest hits and Christmas albums.

Hence why I have so few myself. Every one I own I had to buy myself.

I think Working On A Dream is too slow for a Super Bowl performance. Plus, I hope he's heard that it hasn't gotten the greatest feedback from fans.

If he has to do a new song, I'd prefer My Lucky Day instead.

I also think he'll do The Rising instead of Radio Nowhere.

Born To Run is obvious.

It's the possible fourth song that I'm wondering about. I don't think it will be Glory Days, although it could certainly happen. Maybe it'll be Badlands or The Promised Land.

I hope so, too.

The Rising or Radio Nowhere. One of those two is a shoe in.

Glory Days is a gut feeling, but either of those two is reasonable to expect.

An HP ... something. I don't know. It's a lot faster than my 1999 Dell with Windows 2000 (i.e.: it can have multiple applications open at once). I can have iTunes on it, which is my favorite thing.

That's great, I forgot how bad your desktop was.

I still watch, as I enjoy football, but yeah, with the Patriots out, my interest obviously isn't as high.

So what three/four songs do you think Bruce will do?

I enjoy football, but I'm very competitive, so I don't like watching teams that aren't mine win :lol:

:hmm: God I have no idea. I hope My Lucky Day rather than Working on a Dream. I also suspect Born to Run OR Born in the USA, possibly both. And....since I don't think he'll play two songs off the new album, maybe Dancing in the Dark or Glory Days. But I'll officially hate him for at least 24 hours if he plays Glory Days.

IV is good - a bit too slow at times.

III (Melt) is the best.

I kinda like that about it I guess, it's far and away my favorite PG album.

III is fun for sure, and it was my favorite until I gave IV a few more listens, so there you go.

And for the record: II IS terrible, I is a good effort, Us got me into him, so it's got that going, and Up is ok without ever being REALLY good, since I Grieve having already been released before the album, I have a hard time equating it WITH the album.

Those are actually quite respectable.

It's not bad. Her greatest hits albums aren't of bad artists either (U2, The Police, Eric Clapton, etc.). She just has very few. On top of that, my father literally doesn't listen to music, so he has none.

I kinda like that about it I guess, it's far and away my favorite PG album.

III is fun for sure, and it was my favorite until I gave IV a few more listens, so there you go.

And for the record: II IS terrible, I is a good effort, Us got me into him, so it's got that going, and Up is ok without ever being REALLY good, since I Grieve having already been released before the album, I have a hard time equating it WITH the album.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of II, either. I is good, like you say. I love Us, and I think Up is underrated, although it could have used another midtempo track like Burn You Up, Burn You Down. That song definitely should have been on that album.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of II, either. I is good, like you say. I love Us, and I think Up is underrated, although it could have used another midtempo track like Burn You Up, Burn You Down. That song definitely should have been on that album.

That's not on Up is it? It's on that Big Blue Ball album or whatever right? Yeah, I think my problem with Up is that it took him 10 years to make it, and then there's actually a bit of recycled material on it! It makes me afraid what 9 years will bring us.

I was just about expecting you to make another five last-minute changes.

I do have five minutes of leftover space :hmm:

I'm an absolute mess because I'm in the middle of transferring all my music files to my new laptop. Hopefully I'll get that done in time for Wednesday.

I finished mine a couple of weeks ago, but I need to upload the tracks, which is a pain in the ass. It's a good list though. You'll probably dig it.

That's not on Up is it? It's on that Big Blue Ball album or whatever right? Yeah, I think my problem with Up is that it took him 10 years to make it, and then there's actually a bit of recycled material on it! It makes me afraid what 9 years will bring us.

Not sure what it was originally released on, but it appeared on his two disc Hit compilation a few years back.

It's a great song - why it wasn't on Up is beyond me. I made a playlist of that album and put it right after I Grieve. I love it.

I'm a big Up supporter. Fantastic atmosphere, and I love "Darkness" a lot. It's one of those albums that I only play once in a blue moon though...it's too much of a good thing.

Not sure what it was originally released on, but it appeared on his two disc Hit compilation a few years back.

It's a great song - why it wasn't on Up is beyond me. I made a playlist of that album and put it right after I Grieve. I love it.

Yeah, I knew it from Hit, so I was surprised when I heard it on BBB, since, once again he couldn't deliver new material :lol: but it was reworked, I'll admit that.

The only Peter Gabriel album I downright don't like is II. Like I said, Up just lacks something that stops it from being a great album to me, and I think what that is is wholly new material.

1. AC/DC - Thunderstruck
2. Van Halen - D.O.A.
3. Def Leppard - Run Riot

:lol:

Hahaha...excellent Def Leppard pick. No one is going to recognize it. I want to use White Lightning on something...it's an underrated track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom