Cockburn, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Gaffer, what you do is, put all the space moon songs in one folder, then right click on that folder and select send to > Compressed folder. Then it will zip it right up. You're ok on how to get it on mediafire?

Or yes, do what Peef said.

I'm looking for some new albums, a few I've needed for quite a while. Can anyone aid me?

I didn't read that, probably should of. But we're talking about like 30 pages of scans here aren't we? Or is there a concise article?
Someone summarized it, I'll find it for you real quick.
genius. Muchas gracias.
I believe I was the one who helped you last time. I like feeling helpful, because usually I'm a mooch on Interference, due to my lack of owning music.

Ok Gaffer, what you do is, put all the space moon songs in one folder, then right click on that folder and select send to > Compressed folder. Then it will zip it right up. You're ok on how to get it on mediafire?

Or yes, do what Peef said.

Thank you too. Hopefully my dumb ass can figure it out. And on the topic of the new U2 album, I am very much looking forward to it but my expectations are surprisingly low. So I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly surprised with the whole thing when it comes out.

I'm serious. I didn't expect to feel like that. What happened to all the talk of the potential for atmospheric on this album? They didn't mention it once in THIS article. Granted this is the only one I've read all the way through, and now I remember why I'm not reading, listening to, or speculating on ANYTHING about the album.

"Cedars of Lebanon"
"On this album, you can feel what is going on in the world at the window, scratching at the windowpane," says Bono, who sings this atmospheric ballad from the point of view of a war correspondent.

Besides, the descriptions are generally extremely vague and uninformative, unless you eat up "midtempo" and "instant U2 anthem" with a spoon.

Besides, the descriptions are generally extremely vague and uninformative, unless you eat up "midtempo" and "instant U2 anthem" with a spoon.

Ok ok. So I missed that one.

And yes. I think I hit a panic there because this is the first article I've actually read. I'm calm..I'm calm....calllmmm...
It's a list that's 131 albums long, but specifically:

R.E.M. - Lifes Rich Pageant
Blur - Parklife
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Oasis - What's the Story (Morning Glory)?

I've got Morning Glory for you, give me a minute.

Q:
stand up

rousing groove-based rocker with shades of led zep and cream. Edge mentions that they're trying to keep stand up in a rough state and not overproduce it by putting it through pro-tools which cleans up imperfections.

Edge - "stand up is just a great gutsy performance from everyone. Stand up is a swaggering rock and roll song with a real groove.........there's some dirt in what your playing...............yes, its totally unreasonable. If you're going to do a big guitar song i think you need to push it all the way. It started with a moroccan rhythm and gone rock n roll."

magnificent

slow building anthem with the ambience of the unforgettable fire and laced with the wide eyed wonder of u2's earlier albums. Edge here is at his most dynamic. Features the line:"only love can reset your mind".

Get your boots on

formerly titled sexy boots this demented electro grunge employs a proto-rockn'roll riff, but propelled into the future, with a hip-hop twist in the middle. Feature bono in flirtacious, self depreciating mode: "i dont wanna talk about wars between nations".

Momement of surrender

georgiously melodic 7 minute song that already has the air of the u2 classic about it, with lyrics about dark stars and existential crises:"i did not notice the passers-by/and they did not notice me". Recorded in one take. This album's one.

Unknown caller

opens with the sound of birdsong recorded live in fez. A middle eastern flavoured percussion loop drives this tale about a man"at the end of his rope" whose phone bizarrely begins texting him random instructions: "reboot yourself","password, enter here","you're free to go".
Dallas schoo describes the song as "one of edge's major solos in his life - you wont hear better than that on any other song".

No line on the horizon

began life as a slow paced eno-esque ambient treatment, before being dramatically reworked in the olympic sessions into an abrasive punk-rock tune akin to vertigo, with its "no! Line!" chorus chant.

Bono - "it's the buzzcocks meets bow wow wow", reckons bono.

Crazy tonight

upbeat pop track with distinct echoes of 60's era phil spector, particularly the moment when its chorus disappears into a wash of reverb. Centres around the line: "i'll go crazy if i dont go crazy tonight",

bono - "which sounds like a t=shirt slogan to me" notes the singer. Brian eno said that crazy tonight was in a bad way which surprised larry.

Every breaking wave

lillywhite cues up the track, a slow burning track called every breaking wave that gradually builds to a climax brimming with passion and intensity. Bono begins to sing rocking forward and backwards on his studio chair............he performs a note perfect vocal that employs the movement of the ocean as a
metaphor for the human struggle, before building to the plaintive line "i dont know if i'm that strong". Two takes and 10 minutes later its done. Key line "every sailor knows that the sea/is a friend made enemy"

breathe

arabic cello gives way to joyful chorus. Brian eno says this is u2's best ever song. It's 8pm and eno, bono and will.i.am are on olympic studio 1 writing a cello part for a song called breathe that u2 - a touch ambitiously - are only beginning to record in ths final fortnight, never mind mix.............the singer belts out a rollicking vocal featuring door-to-door salesman, a cockatoo and a chorus that begins "step out into the street.......sing your heart out".

Winter

6 minute ballad. Echoes of simon & garfunkel in this poignant, acoustic string laden ballad about a soldier in the snow of afghanistan. Will appear in the new film 'brothers' starring tobey maguire about the emotional fallout of the war. Edge on backing vocals with bono for winter.

Cedars of lebanon

daniel lanois instigated closer that finds bono imagining himself as a weary, lovelorn war correspondent "squeezing complicated lives into a simple headline". Ends with the possibly telling line "choose your enemies carefully cos they will define you"

It also helps that Q was practically wetting themselves as they wrote that article. RS was more objective.

Q was graced with the opportunity to be the first, and they showed their affection.

Brian eno said that crazy tonight was in a bad way which surprised larry.

:lmao:

Ok this article has me WAY more excited.

Which mostly means I just need to form my own opinion in March.

My opinion: there will be a few great tracks, a few good ones, a few middle ones, and one or two clunkers.

Which means? One of their better albums.

Breathe is a damn good song. Not sure how a cello would fit in there, however. It's probably not a "fuck-off live rocker" anymore.

How do you know Breathe Mel?

Sorry Peef, I'm missing the second Untitled track on Morning Glory :(.

Ashley: I do not get your signature. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh :lmao: it's...ok I'll just post them. It's a webcomic that revolves around three cats and some alive stuffed animals. It's fairly hilarious on its own, but whenever they mention the Cure or Robert Smith, I laugh especially hard.

This is the one that really started it all. Roast Beef, one of the three cats, is on the moon because he's depressed and wants some alone time. Pat, who is an ass, is on the phone with him, when Ray, the hep cool cat walks up:

autaux

the other one from my sig occurs in a phone call between Ray and Teodor, one of the stuffed animals. Ray had said that he and Theodor were fat, and it pissed Theodor off, so Ray was trying to think of a way to apologize. It just so happens that Theodor is a huge fan of The Cure:

autaux

How do you know Breathe Mel?

Clip after clip after clip. The shitty-sounding beach clip was fleshed out further by the clearer U2.com clip that surfaced a month ago. The melody of that one is pretty clear. I'm confident that it will be a favorite of mine.

Clip after clip after clip. The shitty-sounding beach clip was fleshed out further by the clearer U2.com clip that surfaced a month ago. The melody of that one is pretty clear. I'm confident that it will be a favorite of mine.

BEACH CLIPPER! :gasp:

I'm thinking of making an attempt at an Unknown Caller cover, but with new, incredibly literal lyrics involving Bono talking to his phone after Edge gave him a tab of acid at a Christmas party.

Bono offers him his glasses, but Bowie declines, saying "those are too freaky, Bono".

"But don't be afraid to do something outrageous," Bowie said quietly, with a wink and a grin.

So, the next day, Bono wore eyeliner to a photo shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom