Coca Cola, Colón, Panama, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I affiliate it with childhood pilgrimages from Yorkes to see the Eagles play the Crows or Power, so being there has a certain nostalgic quality. Granted, I like the stadium more than the people that usually go there!

Well I've only seen what 2 footy games there, so my feelings are somewhat tempered by seeing U2 there, having to walk to Tennyson to get the car and then getting stuck on Military Road for about 3 days to get home....

See, that's the point: "up close".

Up close, you either have to spend all day in line, eating and drinking goes out the window cos God forbid you need to go to the loo and lose your place either in the queue or down the front, and then you almost pass out from lack of food and drink, or almost get crushed to death by the rabid hordes behind you.

Or you fork out spondooliks by the truckload to get a decent seat somewhere near the front.

Disclaimer: all the above has happened to me.

That happens whether it's a stadium or arena though ... hell, it even happens for some theatre shows. Concert stress almost puts me off live music sometimes.

:lol: Apparently! It's next to my ! button ±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±.
:lol:

I have to underline a + to get that.

:drool: Everytime you type that I still get that little hyperactivity vibe. I STILL cannot believe we got it this easily!
:hyper:

We're going we're going we're going we're going! :hyper:

(OK, there's the hyperness from me.)

*frames this*

Guys, I need to go and prepare for a meeting I have this afternoon. Ali and GG2, I'll keep you posted on how it goes with tickets! :wave:
Cool, thank you! :wave:

Shush you. I thought we had a clear deal that we're not telling anyone! :angry: If you keep telling people I'll kick you out of my bed. :madwife:
You might kick him out accidentally anyway, if you move around that much in your sleep... :wink:

I wish I'd been to enough concerts to know what sucks so much about stadium shows. I just like anything at Footy Park I guess, though.
I think it'd be all the same if you're GA at the front... :shrug: I think the Vertigo shows were the only real stadium gigs I've seen.

Senility works in mysterious ways.

That happens whether it's a stadium or arena though ... hell, it even happens for some theatre shows. Concert stress almost puts me off live music sometimes.
Well all I know is that the Dutch crowd is very civil. If you stand in line from early morning, sure you can leave for a bit to get food and drink or go to the loo(last time we had some makeshift loos, those transportable ones) and then get back to your place. As long as you don't overdo it, like, go home and come back hours later.

I have to underline a + to get that.

You might kick him out accidentally anyway, if you move around that much in your sleep... :wink:

:

I've no clue why it's there though, no clue what the use of that button is anyway. the one below it is a § thingy. That's a paragraph right?

And that would probably the reason I'm staying in my own bed and you both have the choice of my sisters bed and the extra bed we can put up. Then there's my parent's double bed too. And two couches. And we have a garden shed. So plenty of choice. :hmm:

Not as bad in an arena. Even with GA I've gotten quite close to the front even getting there at the last minute. At least it's with about 58,000 less people than in a stadium....

Is it stadiums in the US too? Good to see them suffer for a change, and hello to all our American friends... :wink:

Well I've only seen what 2 footy games there, so my feelings are somewhat tempered by seeing U2 there, having to walk to Tennyson to get the car and then getting stuck on Military Road for about 3 days to get home....

Yeah, I understand. Getting stuck at Military Road would be particularly painful for me because my Grandpa lives there, and he'd probably walk outside and visit me while I'm stuck in the lane.

Looking forward to seeing our Federal Minister for the Arts doing some crazy dancing??? :D

Man, I'd love to be able to see that!

But as I've already explained to the thread before, I'm gonna find it pretty hypocritical if he sings Beds Are Burning while he's grown so conservative in regards to Indigenous affairs over the years.

Yeah, I understand. Getting stuck at Military Road would be particularly painful for me because my Grandpa lives there, and he'd probably walk outside and visit me while I'm stuck in the lane.

He would certainly have time...

After ZooTV we tried walking to Grange Road. It's a bit of a way, after a tiring concert.... :huh:

Not as bad in an arena. Even with GA I've gotten quite close to the front even getting there at the last minute. At least it's with about 58,000 less people than in a stadium....

Is it stadiums in the US too? Good to see them suffer for a change, and hello to all our American friends... :wink:

You still have lengthy queuing, bullshit politics, and heaven forbid you need the toilet. At least this time around, I can beat people out of the way with my cane ...

And yep, the Yanks finally get to suffer stadiums again.

Well all I know is that the Dutch crowd is very civil. If you stand in line from early morning, sure you can leave for a bit to get food and drink or go to the loo(last time we had some makeshift loos, those transportable ones) and then get back to your place. As long as you don't overdo it, like, go home and come back hours later.
I'm sure a local queue nazi will set something up with numbers or stamps or whatever...

I've no clue why it's there though, no clue what the use of that button is anyway. the one below it is a § thingy. That's a paragraph right?
I dunno what that thingy is, I don't have one on my keyboard (or an underlined +, either). UK/European keyboards are weird. To the left of my 1/! key I have `/~, which is very boring.

And that would probably the reason I'm staying in my own bed and you both have the choice of my sisters bed and the extra bed we can put up. Then there's my parent's double bed too. And two couches. And we have a garden shed. So plenty of choice. :hmm:

I bags the double! Ax can have the shed :D

He would certainly have time...

After ZooTV we tried walking to Grange Road. It's a bit of a way, after a tiring concert.... :huh:

Yeah, just a little bit!

Damn, I would do anything to be able to go back in time and see that show... yes, so I don't make myself known as the biggest Zoo TV fan around here, and that is the case, but I love that proshot bootleg - especially Dirty Day!

I'm sure a local queue nazi will set something up with numbers or stamps or whatever...

I dunno what that thingy is, I don't have one on my keyboard (or an underlined +, either). UK/European keyboards are weird. To the left of my 1/! key I have `/~, which is very boring.

I bags the double! Ax can have the shed :D

Hehe I'm already a spelling nazi, I could become the line nazi!

Well, that's what our normal keyboards have there too, but this is a macbook keyboard. They're weird. the `~ is now next to the z with a smaller shift button.

:wink: That's fine. We'll stash Ax in the shed with the bikes then. Oh wait I had to ask that too, can you guys ride? Because if we're going to get to the trains and such I'm gonna make you guys ride them since it's the fastest way. :p

:wink: That's fine. We'll stash Ax in the shed with the bikes then. Oh wait I had to ask that too, can you guys ride? Because if we're going to get to the trains and such I'm gonna make you guys ride them since it's the fastest way. :p

I can't ride a bike, no. It's ... not a good idea for me to try.

I'll call it Fortress Axver.

:cute: Okidoki then, that's all set.

Oh and both, don't say I haven't warned you, because I'm doing that now. When asleep in my house, it's quite common to get attentionwhored by a certain cat. She can positively nudge you until you start petting her and snore/purr loudly all night. :wink:

Goodness Ali you are the queen of the multiquote!!!!! :applaud:

I gotta say I've never seen anything like the way the GA was set up at Telstra Dome for Vertigo. I mean, keeping everyone in PENS, like sheep or cows??????

I went to see a Fringe show Sunday night, and one of the lines was about a single professional woman being way too busy in her career and missing out on lurve, that she used the batteries from her vibrator to power her mouse. :lol:

Haha, who was that? Local?

You may or may not be disappointed that I used the batteries from my Xbox 360 controller instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom