Coca Cola, Colón, Panama, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait a second. Why did tickets go onsale already? :scratch: When did that get announced? While I was asleep?

YES! The timestamp on my U2gigs article is 4:05am CET, and I put it up not long after the first e-mails had been sent out. Absolutely ridiculous. I hate to think how many people who went to bed at a reasonable time and don't check their e-mail before going to work or whatever have been screwed by this.

YES! The timestamp on my U2gigs article is 4:05am CET, and I put it up not long after the first e-mails had been sent out. Absolutely ridiculous. I hate to think how many people who went to bed at a reasonable time and don't check their e-mail before going to work or whatever have been screwed by this.

:lol: Great timing! Aaaand can we add this to U2.com fuckups?

Well I don't mind it anyway! :drool:

The rain checker says there's a huge cloude covering the country now.. but it seems like it'll pass somewhere this afternoon, so screw that, I'll do the groceries later!

If you have a place left, could you try for a ticket for me for Dublin too? Pretty please? I'll buy you a Guinness!

I'd be happy to. My only issue is whether I'll get tickets to Amsterdam in the general sales - if not I may have to use two of my Dublin or Paris tickets (assuming I get them) for a sale. But if not, I'd be happy to save one for you.

I guess I'll save the codes for Dublin and cross my fingers. I'll venture in the general sales for Amsterdam this Saturday.

I am confident enough with the Paris sales - Vazza will also come along and we should be able to get tickets (it will be next Friday, 20 March). My wife will be at home trying as well. She's only coming to one of the Amsterdam concerts, so I'll have plenty of tickets left!

I'll PM you with my email address that I check more often so that we can make plans!

Yeah ... it's a hard decision. Though I imagine that as difficult as the Dublin presale may be, the general sale will be even more chaotic. I imagine the ticket site will completely crash for the general sale. Getting tickets to the second and third shows, which won't have presales, is going to SUCK.

Ah, cool, glad you're sounding confident about the Paris sales. May I be able to claim one of those tickets then? And assuming there's a second gig, I take it you'll try for that too? Because I'm absolutely up for two shows in Paris if there are two.

Looks like some fucking good times are ahead in July.

I'd be happy to. My only issue is whether I'll get tickets to Amsterdam in the general sales - if not I may have to use two of my Dublin or Paris tickets (assuming I get them) for a sale. But if not, I'd be happy to save one for you.

You do realise you cannot buy different tickets in the presale with your U2.com membership right? For Europe you can only buy 4 for the SAME gig since here all kind of different companies handle the sales in different countries.

Otherwise, that'll be great. I'm going to try for Amsterdam 2 and will try to get 4 tickets, so I'll have one spare after giving them to Ali and Ax. :) We could trade I guess, that is if I manage to get the tickets!

Yeah ... it's a hard decision. Though I imagine that as difficult as the Dublin presale may be, the general sale will be even more chaotic. I imagine the ticket site will completely crash for the general sale. Getting tickets to the second and third shows, which won't have presales, is going to SUCK.

Ah, cool, glad you're sounding confident about the Paris sales. May I be able to claim one of those tickets then? And assuming there's a second gig, I take it you'll try for that too? Because I'm absolutely up for two shows in Paris if there are two.

Looks like some fucking good times are ahead in July.

I'll probably go to mass this weekend and pray for tickets!

Sure, you can claim one of the Paris tix. I was reading a French forum today and there are apparently rumours that the "second" concert may actually be on 10 July - I doubt that, but who knows.

This summer will be great!

The way U2.com screwed with Horizon members on Milan and Amsterdam is unforgivable, really. Not everybody keeps checking this sort of info every day. Some people may have been flying at that point, who knows???

:feelsleftout:

anyone else? :shifty:

:hug:

You do realise you cannot buy different tickets in the presale with your U2.com membership right? For Europe you can only buy 4 for the SAME gig since here all kind of different companies handle the sales in different countries.

Otherwise, that'll be great. I'm going to try for Amsterdam 2 and will try to get 4 tickets, so I'll have one spare after giving them to Ali and Ax. :) We could trade I guess, that is if I manage to get the tickets!

I do! I will try and get 4 tix for Dublin on presales. The rest will be in general sales....

And that's great about the tickets for Amsterdam 2, which I'd love to attend as well.

Heh, sorry for leaving the Dannys out ... I could take one of you to Europe in my suitcase!

Have you guys noticed that there are links already to VIP packages for Milan, Amsterdam and Gothenburg. God, I hate these packages!

You'd have to chop us into pieces :lol:
:hmm: That could be arranged.

Have you guys noticed that there are links already to VIP packages for Milan, Amsterdam and Gothenburg. God, I hate these packages!

What are they? Seats really close to the stage?

Oh and Ax, I talked to the 'rents last night, they're completely fine with you and Ali staying here, on one condition. My dad wants some fine NZ wines from your dad's vineyard(he had one right?). :wink:

I'll probably go to mass this weekend and pray for tickets!

Sure, you can claim one of the Paris tix. I was reading a French forum today and there are apparently rumours that the "second" concert may actually be on 10 July - I doubt that, but who knows.

This summer will be great!

I'll pray to Atheos and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :wink:

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, I suspected the second gig would be on the 10th; I was surprised when I saw the 11th announced. Only in a few cases have U2 announced a later gig first and then added shows before it (UF Melbourne, Lovetown Auckland are good examples).

I'm writing an e-mail to you now about plans.

Oh, how good was it!! Shame they didn't vary setlists, but damn they were good.

Fix You live :love:

I'm sure my 6'3" 60kg frame could contort somehow. :lol:

I know, but they still put on a brilliant show. I almost can't listen to their studio albums anymore, becuase it doesn't give them any justice. They were brilliant live!

Well if you can fit, I'm about 6'4-5" and probably around 70kgs.....Hmmm as long as you guys don't mind paying for the extra weight

Oh and Ax, I talked to the 'rents last night, they're completely fine with you and Ali staying here, on one condition. My dad wants some fine NZ wines from your dad's vineyard(he had one right?). :wink:

Haha! Unfortunately, I don't think my father will have produced his first vintage by the time I leave. I'll see what I can do, though!

What are they? Seats really close to the stage?

No, they are basically GA tickets that you can buy for like 150 euros. Official scalping, if you want to call it this way. They organize a small party before the concert just to be able to call it VIP - nobody attends because you are supposed to be queueing at that point!

Don't ask how I know this!

I'll pray to Atheos and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :wink:

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, I suspected the second gig would be on the 10th; I was surprised when I saw the 11th announced. Only in a few cases have U2 announced a later gig first and then added shows before it (UF Melbourne, Lovetown Auckland are good examples).

I'm writing an e-mail to you now about plans.

Saturday and Sunday would be better for me, but at least this allows for a free Sunday in Paris!

Okay so I have not been here in like a week, would someone like to explain just what the fuck is happening in U2 world?

Look at my location!

Okay so I have not been here in like a week, would someone like to explain just what the fuck is happening in U2 world?

You could just check my website. :wink:

In a nutshell, the European and North American tours have been announced, and at the moment, U2 are doing short promo appearances in the US.

You guys should totally go see an Ashes test match, if your heading to England.

I imagine I'll probably only get a day or two in England ... but we haven't finalised plans.

Can't see myself conning Alison into going to the Ashes though. :wink:

Ax Ali Gump and me are going to see U2 :D

Haha! Unfortunately, I don't think my father will have produced his first vintage by the time I leave. I'll see what I can do, though!
Ah too bad! Well, any NZ wine was good as far as he's concerned! :lol: I seem to remember a sauvignon blanc, but the other I don't.

No, they are basically GA tickets that you can buy for like 150 euros. Official scalping, if you want to call it this way. They organize a small party before the concert just to be able to call it VIP - nobody attends because you are supposed to be queueing at that point!

Don't ask how I know this!

Saturday and Sunday would be better for me, but at least this allows for a free Sunday in Paris!

Look at my location!
Wow, that's disturbing. That doesn't sound VIP at all!!!!!

I wanted to do this too :scream: I should have deferred uni and just worked my arse off

Well I've worked for the past two years, and this year I decide to study, and U2 put on a fucking tour.

Granted my course is only two days a week, I just don't know my holidays ect yet. Plus, its not very worth while going overseas for 3-4 days! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom