CN Tower, Toronto, ON, CA Superthread (like a penis stabbing the heavens, m'boys!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:

At least U2 hasn't got at shitty as The Cure.

I actually like some of the stuff by The Cure from the last 16 years or so better than some of the stuff by U2 from the last 16 years or so.

I hope they are. But U2 are quickly losing all sense of steam and are quickly moving into the realm of The Rolling Stones.

They're playing it too safe/dull nowadays.

If they were still trying to push limits and be creative like they were around Zooropa/Passengers/Pop, I wouldn't care so much if I didn't enjoy the material, since it would at least show they have an interest in creating art. I'm not convinced they do any more, though. Especially not Larry.

Its...not good.

I wouldn't... expect it... to be.
william-shatner-kidney-stone.jpg

I actually like some of the stuff by The Cure from the last 16 years or so better than some of the stuff by U2 from the last 16 years or so.

See, I find pretty much everything The Cure has done post-Disintegration to be pretty shit.

Awesome, the madison is tonight. It's cycling, just like the points race only with teams.

And FUCK, synchronised swimming?

Hah, the madison is nuts.

I'm so glad no synchronised swimming has been shown here, though there's been far too much water polo, and I've caught some dressage too.

They're playing it too safe/dull nowadays.

If they were still trying to push limits and be creative like they were around Zooropa/Passengers/Pop, I wouldn't care so much if I didn't enjoy the material, since it would at least show they have an interest in creating art. I'm not convinced they do any more, though. Especially not Larry.

U2 is playing to the over 30 crowd.

Anyway, yes, they were creative in the 90s (U2), but it all sounds horribly dated now. To me at least.

That shouldn't be an excuse for shit music.

Well, the music's gotta be something Bono can sing over, doesn't it? His voice is more suited to boring adult shit, right? How about Edge starts singing as his voice doesn't sound like it's run through a squeek-box.

Anyway, yes, they were creative in the 90s (U2), but it all sounds horribly dated now. To me at least.

I find a few specific songs to sound dated (Daddy's Gonna Pay, IGWSHA, Playboy Mansion), but in general, I think it's aged pretty well, really.

Well, the music's gotta be something Bono can sing over, doesn't it? His voice is more suited to boring adult shit, right? How about Edge starts singing as his voice doesn't sound like it's run through a squeek-box.

Bono's voice is gone now, and I think he needs to change his style. He still seems to want to sing anthemic stuff, and that's just leading to boring crap. If he were willing to let the singing take a back seat and let the rest of the band shine, that could be quite interesting an lead to good music - but his ego won't let him.

I find a few specific songs to sound dated (Daddy's Gonna Pay, IGWSHA, Playboy Mansion), but in general, I think it's aged pretty well, really.

I think songs like Zoo Station, Numb, and quite a bit of Passengers all sound very dated. And the production from 91-97 was very euro-trash. And it was like they added extra bass to Bono's voice, where it should've been added to the music itself.

I think songs like Zoo Station, Numb, and quite a bit of Passengers all sound very dated. And the production from 91-97 was very euro-trash. And it was like they added extra bass to Bono's voice, where it should've been added to the music itself.

Passengers? That definitely doesn't seem dated to me.

I can see what you mean about the production, but it's still leaps and bounds ahead of this decade's dodgy, dodgy production.

Bono's voice is gone now, and I think he needs to change his style. He still seems to want to sing anthemic stuff, and that's just leading to boring crap. If he were willing to let the singing take a back seat and let the rest of the band shine, that could be quite interesting an lead to good music - but his ego won't let him.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress? Your Blue Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom