Cloverfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it looks awesome. Which probably means it's going to suck donkey balls, but I don't care. :wink:

I'm trying to avoid any spoilers - all I know about it what I've seen in the trailers, and that it's a JJ Abrams flick.

I'm going to make a day out of seeing this with my friends (awesome burger joint, matinee, then mall).

Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Harry Knowles from AICN gave this a RAAAAAAAAAAAAVE review.

But then again it's Harry, who's a terrible critic. But still. Not a bad sign.

Lancemc said:
Harry Knowles from AICN gave this a RAAAAAAAAAAAAVE review.

I saw him at the Alamo Drafthouse one time.

[/impy trivia]

inmyplace13 said:

I saw him at the Alamo Drafthouse one time.

[/impy trivia]

You sure it wasn't actually

jabba.jpg

Dalton said:
You guys aren't going to comment on a male figure skater with a drug problem?

Too easy?

Maybe not everyone feels like being a stereotyping asshole making snide remarks.

If Cloverfield turns out to be a Godzilla movie, I am going to be PISSED OFF.

corianderstem said:
If Cloverfield turns out to be a Godzilla movie, I am going to be PISSED OFF.

Me too. It deserves to be much better than that.

Now to rain on anyone's parade because this isn't against any of you; I just hate the way J.J. has gotten so much acclaim including creative freedom from Paramount over Star Trek, when Ira Behr deserved it so much more and always got sidelined. It pisses me off.

This looks a lot like "Lost" (on which he never did any REAL work other than directing the pilot and deciding on the setting for the series); hints of cool Americans; phoney romances in tense situations, etc. The director might do something good with it, but I'll always root for J.J. to fail because he's a corporate formula lackey.

It was written by Drew Goddard, who did some decent work for Buffy and Angel, so good for him!

Wait. If it's not directed or written by J.J. Abrams, why does he get so much credit. The Abrams haze mooches the spotlight again!

Muldfeld said:
Now to rain on anyone's parade because this isn't against any of you; I just hate the way J.J. has gotten so much acclaim including creative freedom from Paramount over Star Trek, when Ira Behr deserved it so much more and always got sidelined. It pisses me off.

This looks a lot like "Lost" (on which he never did any REAL work other than directing the pilot and deciding on the setting for the series); hints of cool Americans; phoney romances in tense situations, etc. The director might do something good with it, but I'll always root for J.J. to fail because he's a corporate formula lackey.

It was written by Drew Goddard, who did some decent work for Buffy and Angel, so good for him!

Wait. If it's not directed or written by J.J. Abrams, why does he get so much credit. The Abrams haze mooches the spotlight again!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

J.J. Abrams, kneel before Ira.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom