Cloverfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw it, really liked it too. I was a little disoriented walking out of the theatre (my friends decided not to bother looking for decent seats and picked the third freakin' row :angry: ) but never nauseous or motion sick. It was some intense though...wow. Thought the monster was pretty cool too. I'd say that's about as realistic as it could get when it comes to a monster-rampaging-through-a-city flick. :up:

My only complaint with the movie is that I'm pretty sure there's no possible way they could have made it from Spring St. to 56th and back down to Grand Central on foot that quick. It took me almost an hour to walk from West 96th & Broadway to the 79th & B'Way subway :hmm:

Last edited:
Yeah, but I'd bet you'd move faster if you were trying to avoid being eaten and trying to make the last helicopter out of Manhattan.

:wink:

corianderstem said:
Yeah, but I'd bet you'd move faster if you were trying to avoid being eaten and trying to make the last helicopter out of Manhattan.

:wink:

Monsters don't scare me away from sightseeing. :wink:

"Ooh, honey! Is that the Empire State Building?"

"It WAS! Now move your ass, I don't want to get eaten because you insist on taking a picture of every tall building in New York!"

Oh wow. I saw it. I would've loved it if I could've watched it. By "saw" I mean listened. I got sick. Didn't vomit, thankfully.

Maybe I'll watch it again when it comes out and watch it on a small tv and take a dramamine.

the tourist said:
Maybe I'll watch it again when it comes out and watch it on a small tv and take a dramamine.

That's a shitty way to watch a movie like this. Take some Gravol and go see it in the theater.

FitzChivalry said:

:up: Me too!

Well, I didn't vomit because I LEFT after 20 minutes . . . but I surely would have had I stayed.

:sick: :barf:

I'm gonna rent it when it comes out. I think I'll be okay then. At least then I'll see all the crazy stuff I heard!

OOh I just saw it tonight. I loved it! I went in a little wary because of the motion sickness talk and I'm a huge motion sickness lightweight (I've yet to make it thru a boat ride without getting sick be it rowboat or anything bigger) but honestly it didn't affect me at all, in fact I never even thought about it. (Maybe I'm just used to my own cruddy camcorder skills :lol: )

But I liked it a lot. Good old fashioned monster movie, and along with U23D finally something different than the same old same old at the movies.

I liked it. On the one hand it didn't make a huge impression on me, on the other I don't really have any complaints, unless I over-analyze the fuck out of it, which I don't really do with movies typically. And I didn't get motion sickness at all :shrug:

Very enjoyable :up:

No offense to anyone who enjoyed it for what it was, but just remember the credit should not go to J.J. Abrams -- not even half of it. The film had a barely known writer, who's been working his butt off on shows like Buffy, Angel and now Lost, named Drew Goddard. The film also had a director.

J.J. does jack shit. He's a hack who draws in publicity for God knows what reason. I guess because he did "Alias" he was loved by ABC because it drew in ratings, even though it sucked more than anything I can think of, especially for using Jennifer Garner, who's probably the worst highly paid female celebrity. Just awful! Terrible, terrible show. J.J. wrote it, cast it, and composed the awful theme music, too. He hasn't really written anything since on anything he's credited with. Maybe a bit of the "Lost" pilot, which felt mostly like an action story. He's weak on character and shouldn't ever get all the credit, but constantly does for his shallow, lazy work. There are real hard-working writers like Ira Steven Behr out there who do their best and don't compromise so commercially as Abrams, and they get no respect! Commercial lapdogs like him get all the power, even though others deserve it more.

Ira Steven Behr revolutionized Star Trek with -- you got it -- political insight and never got to push it as far as he ultimately wanted because of Rick Berman's commercially-driven formulaic interference.

Eric Jenderson of "Band of Brothers" had a totally new conception of a Star Trek movie and spent a year writing it, and the whole thing was scrapped at Paramount when things changed at the top and J.J. was given carte blanche to do his gimmicky nostalgia trip.

Now, Fox is producing a J.J. Abrams series about Homeland Security agents investigating paranormal activity; sounds like The 4400, which Ira Steven Behr worked on, too.

Go to hell, J.J.!

Muldfeld said:

Ira Steven Behr revolutionized Star Trek with -- you got it -- political insight and never got to push it as far as he ultimately wanted because of Rick Berman's commercially-driven formulaic interference.

Gene Roddenberry?

Yeah. Film and Television producers don't do jack shit. None of them. Especially not that he-demon J.J. Abrams. :grr: :hiss:

Fuck J.J. Abrams and his talent for helping create entertaining television shows and movies.

Muldfeld said:

Go to hell, J.J.!

Are you related to any of the people J.J. Abrams allegedly screwed over?

That's the only rational explanation I can come up with for why you're so bitter over something that seemingly has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

Life's too short, man. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom