Clit, Romania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just discovered there's a town called Balzers in Liechtenstein. That seems ideal.

And this is true. Surely the fact I could recall off the top of my head our 3 month, 100th, and 6 month threads is telling. Superthread stats: the new setlists? :hmm:

Do you know how many Superthread posts you have? :wink:

A crappy band called Agony Scene? They suck that's all I know

But I also like Thin Lizzy's harder stuff and early Gary Moore that any good to you? :wink:

Oh god. I just looked them up and they're a metalcore band. I don't even need to listen to know they'll suck. Increasingly, metalheads are refusing to recognise metalcore as a genre of metal (rather as a subgenre of hardcore punk), much like we've completely disowned nu-metal.

Now, Thin Lizzy, I really should listen to more. I've enjoyed what I've heard.

Oh god. I just looked them up and they're a metalcore band. I don't even need to listen to know they'll suck. Increasingly, metalheads are refusing to recognise metalcore as a genre of metal (rather as a subgenre of hardcore punk), much like we've completely disowned nu-metal.

Now, Thin Lizzy, I really should listen to more. I've enjoyed what I've heard.

Thin Lizzy are brilliant; Gary Moore is too he was one of Thin Lizzy's many guitarists. Played Hard Rock/Metal in the 80s; before turning to Blues in the 90s

Not very.

Allow me, then, to give you a brief history of the greatest thing to ever happen on Interference.

The Superthreads began when a voting thread in a game on EYKIW turned into a spontaneous chat thread. Once that thread reached 1,000 posts, we moved on to new threads, and at this point, we were forum gypsies, reviving long-dead threads on long-ignored subforums. At some point during this wild and surprisingly unnoticed-by-anybody-else ride, we came up with the idea of holding a fake U2 concert and posting a live setlist.

So we did. At the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, 3am local time, with U2 playing in support of the campaign to "Save the Whalers". We never thought anybody would take us seriously. We expected to be called out by the first or second song, and to just spend the entire thread enjoying some good music together and speculating about "what if". But this was the prank that went horribly right. PEOPLE BOUGHT IT. If we'd stopped at the end of the main set, people out there would've gone away believing it really happened - despite including songs such as Flower Child. People only began getting seriously skeptical during the first encore, and it was blown wide open as fake in the second encore when I had Bono give a speech ridiculing One. The fall-out was hilarious. A lot of people took it as a joke and were able to laugh at themselves for being tricked, but some really got wound up over it. After things died down, our forum gypsy days were terminated and we were established here as the Superthread.

The setlist, mostly written by me, Bad snippets by PFan:

0. Intro: All You Need Is Love (Bono a cappella)
1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
2. No Line On The Horizon / Highway To Hell (snippet)
3. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
5. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
6. MLK (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
9. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
12. Crumbs From Your Table / Electrical Storm (snippet)
13. Mercy
14. Exit / Riders On The Storm (snippet) / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
15. Please
16. Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / Pride (snippet)

17. Mofo
18. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet)
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

23. One (snippet) / One Tree Hill
24. Heartland
25. Bass Trap / Rowena's Theme (snippet)
26. A Sort Of Homecoming
27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) / Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / (Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

27. Station to Station (snippet) / Bad / Let It Be (snippet) / Come Together (snippet) / Help! (snippet) / Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (snippet) / Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite! (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet) / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (snippet) / The First Time (snippet) / Revolution 9 (snippet) / Drunk Chicken/America (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet) / (Don't Fear) The Reaper (snippet) / John, I'm Only Dancing (snippet) / Gypsy Biker (snippet) / Candle in the Wind (snippet) / All Star (snippet) / Yellow Submarine (snippet) / 40 (snippet)

That could be the greatest thing ever :drool:

Allow me, then, to give you a brief history of the greatest thing to ever happen on Interference.

The Superthreads began when a voting thread in a game on EYKIW turned into a spontaneous chat thread. Once that thread reached 1,000 posts, we moved on to new threads, and at this point, we were forum gypsies, reviving long-dead threads on long-ignored subforums. At some point during this wild and surprisingly unnoticed-by-anybody-else ride, we came up with the idea of holding a fake U2 concert and posting a live setlist.

So we did. At the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, 3am local time, with U2 playing in support of the campaign to "Save the Whalers". We never thought anybody would take us seriously. We expected to be called out by the first or second song, and to just spend the entire thread enjoying some good music together and speculating about "what if". But this was the prank that went horribly right. PEOPLE BOUGHT IT. If we'd stopped at the end of the main set, people out there would've gone away believing it really happened - despite including songs such as Flower Child. People only began getting seriously skeptical during the first encore, and it was blown wide open as fake in the second encore when I had Bono give a speech ridiculing One. The fall-out was hilarious. A lot of people took it as a joke and were able to laugh at themselves for being tricked, but some really got wound up over it. After things died down, our forum gypsy days were terminated and we were established here as the Superthread.

The setlist, mostly written by me, Bad snippets by PFan:

0. Intro: All You Need Is Love (Bono a cappella)
1. Beautiful Day / Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Whaling (snippet)
3. Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break On Through (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child
9. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
10. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
11. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
13. Mercy
15. Please
16. Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / Pride (snippet)

17. Mofo
18. The Fly / Billy Boola (snippet)
19. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
20. Angel Of Harlem / Suspicious Minds (snippet) / Young Liechtensteinians (snippet)
21. Fast Cars
22. Seconds

23. One (snippet) / One Tree Hill
24. Heartland
25. Bass Trap / Rowena's Theme (snippet)
26. A Sort Of Homecoming

-stares in awe-

So ... hurry up and update it.
I think mine's around 6,000.

Updating it would require effort and distract from the postwhoring.

Speaking of which, here's a bit of history, from the first day of the postwhorehouse: axver: Today has been an insane day. A new U2

Scroll down to the bottom of the comments for an anonymous troll (Interference's mofo82) being a whiny, lulz-inducing prat about the Kunstmuseum!

Why not?
Because ...?

Updating it would require effort and distract from the postwhoring.

Speaking of which, here's a bit of history, from the first day of the postwhorehouse: axver: Today has been an insane day. A new U2

Scroll down to the bottom of the comments for an anonymous troll (Interference's mofo82) being a whiny, lulz-inducing prat about the Kunstmuseum!
Do it next time the thread is filled with tumbleweeds. :wink:

:lmao: How priceless!
I wish I would have been there for it.

Seriously, how in god's name did anybody fall for this?

7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child

13. Mercy

MOTHERFUCKIN' FLOWER CHILD, PEOPLE. I felt bad about fooling people initially, but if you fell for Flower Child ... you deserved it.

Seriously, how in god's name did anybody fall for this?

7. She's A Mystery To Me
8. Flower Child

13. Mercy

MOTHERFUCKIN' FLOWER CHILD, PEOPLE. I felt bad about fooling people initially, but if you fell for Flower Child ... you deserved it.

:laugh:
Again, I so wish I could have been there for it. I remember when all the buzz was going on about it afterwards, I saw a little bit about it. Actually, I think that might have been one of the first times I saw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom