Christmas Pie, Surrey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been so busy over the last two weeks, and thus stressed out. The holidays bring too much extra work. Cleaning and shopping and decorating and wrapping and cooking and baking and spending time with the family. It's too fucking much. On top of that, I've been sick, though I seem to be getting slightly better.

I barely got any sleep last night, and then I had to get up and cook for about three hours straight, with my grandmother (who is a mean, outspoken busybody) breathing down my neck and offering her unwanted suggestions on what I should be doing differently, and then everything was ready... and the food sat on the table uneaten and getting cold, because my aunt was late. My aunt knew she would be late and told us to start without her, but some people didn't want to. And then of course my grandmother kept complaining about the food getting cold and about my aunt being late, and everyone was getting sick of listening to it, and I was so tired and my back was hurting so bad, and finally I just told her that no one cared and to stop complaining. And then I immediately felt bad about my outburst, so I just said "Screw it. I don't even want to eat anymore. I'd rather SLEEP."

Then I went into my room and had a good sobby cry, because I'm fucking SICK of working so hard around here with nothing to show for it. My dad used to help me, but now he's grown lazy and expects me to do everything, and then just bitches when I don't do something right, and I'm sick of doing everything by myself and being stuck in the kitchen on the holidays while everyone else has fun, and I'm so afraid that it'll never change.
Anyway, apparently my brother told off my grandmother, and then my mom comforted me and gave me a valium and I was able to eat with everyone else. Mom told me that she'd put up all the leftovers, so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

At first I was grateful. Until just a little bit ago when I finally made it back into the kitchen. The sink was overflowing. The dishes were stacked a foot above the top of the sink. So much that I couldn't even wash anything without first removing half of the dishes, which caused me to knock over and break one of the Christmas dishes. See, when I know there will be a lot of dishes, I don't put them all on top of the damn sink. I stack the extras on the counter, so that I'll actually be able to reach the faucet.

So I had to do all the damn dishes. And then I opened the fridge to see the leftovers stacked haphazardly in every direction, just shoved in there. We have tupperware containers for a reason! Ugh, so then I had to reorganize all of that.

I hate all of this so fucking much. I hate doing it. But if I don't, no one will. And I hate that too. I hate that my parents depend on me for everything. It's like I'm the parent now, and I never chose that. I want to divorce them. I want to fucking run away for a week and see how they like that. I want my dad to get off his ass and start chipping in like he used to. I want a fucking break. I deserve a damn vacation.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Meanwhile NZ tied in our 20/20 game with the Windies, although we lost the extra-overs thing.

Well that's depressing.

I hope we've currently hit rock-bottom and can only improve from here.

can i just say...this eeg i have to get next month sounds weird. i might be asked to go to sleep during the test, i need to eat a full meal before i go in, oh and...i can't wash my hair the day of, or put any styling products in my hair. i must wash my hair the day before. can't wear braids, hair extensions, or a wig.

i don't have to get this particular one, but there's also one where they make you stay up all night and go to sleep during the test. too bad i can't do that :hmm:

can i just say...this eeg i have to get next month sounds weird. i might be asked to go to sleep during the test, i need to eat a full meal before i go in, oh and...i can't wash my hair the day of, or put any styling products in my hair. i must wash my hair the day before. can't wear braids, hair extensions, or a wig.

WTF? What's that meant to test for anyway?

assver! :love:

my christmas was great. it went by too fast, but it was good. the presents part was awesome of course, and dinner was awesomeeeee

Good to hear. :up:

WTF? What's that meant to test for anyway?

Good to hear. :up:
i'm not sure the purpose of the rules or whatever, but it's a test for when i go to the neurologist about my migraines. i need to give them a call and see if i can change the appointment date and if i can leave any piercings in :pray:

i'm not sure the purpose of the rules or whatever, but it's a test for when i go to the neurologist about my migraines. i need to give them a call and see if i can change the appointment date and if i can leave any piercings in :pray:

Ahh, I can understand why they don't want you doing things to your hair then.

It's because they have to put the electrodes on your scalp, it's probably best if your hair only has a certain amount of oil in it, or else it might interfere, and crazy hairstyles would also interfere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom