Christmas List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont give or receive christmas gifts. I donate the money to my sponsor kids village instead.

yimou said:
I dont give or receive christmas gifts. I donate the money to my sponsor kids village instead.

That is so awesome and I commend you. Christmas and other holidays have become so very commercialized. Over-commercialized and materialistic and I really feel this country, the US anyway, has gotten away from the whole meaning of the Christmas holiday. It is not about how much one can spend or charge, it isn't about how many gifts you buy or give or even how many you GET....it isn't about material things. I have spent the past 3-4 Christmases alone and co workers, associates and friends don't understand how I can do this, they are always extending invites to spend the holiday with them. I'm not one for a huge celebration, I prefer the quiet solitude my Christmas holiday has become, a time of reflection and thinking and I volunteer or donate at this time of year to those who are less fortunate than I am and have been throughout the year. I listen to the holiday music, sit in front of a fire, go to a midnight church service and haven't felt more renewed in spirit in a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom