Chris Rock to Divorce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
This one is out of left field! :ohmy:

FilmMagic.com

Comedian Chris Rock has begun divorce proceedings against his wife of almost 10 years, Malaak Compton-Rock, TMZ reports. Sources tell the Web site that the comedian has hired a high-powered divorce attorney to represent him.

The couple, married in November of 1996, has two daughters – Lola, 4, and Zahra, 2.

Rock, 41, got his start in such movies as New Jack City and I’m Gonna Git You Sucka and was a Saturday Night Live cast member for three years. He established himself as one of the foremost comedians in the industry with his 1996 stand-up album Bring the Pain, which was followed by two successful HBO comedy specials: Bigger and Blacker (1999) and Never Scared (2004).

Time magazine pronounced Rock “the funniest man in America.” He is currently in post-production for the film I Think I Love My Wife.

Malaak is the Founder and Executive Director of StyleWorks; a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the workforce.

In 2004, Rock said that fatherhood had made him a more committed to his marriage. "The kid got me more into my marriage, I guess," he told the New York Observer. "I thought I was married before, but I was kind of show business married -- like hey, whatever happens, happens. Now I'm like in it. There's an acceptance of marriage. I know people that get married and somewhere in the marriage, they get committed. So I'm like really committed to my marriage now."

Rock often poked fun at marriage and fatherhood in his routines.

"Men! You marry, have kids. You live to be about 38,” he says in his comedy special Never Scared. “Don't get me wrong, guys. You'll breathe another 40 years, but the living is over. You're a f--king dead man...Your life's f--king over. Ain't no new sh-t happening to you. You want to see new, look at your kids. You don't think you're dead, look at your parents. Mom, alive. Dad, dead!”

When contacted by TMZ, Rock's rep would only say "I cannot comment at this time."

Back
Top Bottom