Chicken, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys :wave:

Some student union guy is giving us a speech on how it's bad for the government to reintroduce third level fees

:grumpy: May I remind you that I'm a. Not a yank and b. Not a native English speaker?

Oh, but that's what I mean - I was under the impression it was a global English word, but evidently it's not (with the Yanks as proof), so I'm guessing it must just be Aussie and Kiwi slang. Though I could've sworn I'd encountered it used by people from England ...

I bet Ali, our resident pedant, knows just how common a word it is. :wink:

I must seem so cold, since I almost never cry at that sort of thing, and feel really awkward because of it, and because I've no idea what else to do so that I don't look completely devoid of emotions.

I was dry-eyed at my aunt's funeral, until the coffin was in the grave and I made an effort to realise exactly what was going on. I tend to go a bit numb and repressed.

Very dear Chicken,

How does duck sound to you? How about Duck in blackberrysauce? Or in orange sauce can be good too! We have a big blackberry plant in the garden :flirt: So that'd be nice to use.

Hungry regards,

Rooster

Dearest Rooster,

I think that sounds like a fantastic suggestion? Do you have any delicious cheeses for a side dish?

:drool:-ing Already,
Ax

I was dry-eyed at my aunt's funeral, until the coffin was in the grave and I made an effort to realise exactly what was going on. I tend to go a bit numb and repressed.

I'm always cold and seem non-emotional. But yea, when my sis cries, I cry.

I feel bad about saying this, but I totally do not look forward to that funeral.

Oh, but that's what I mean - I was under the impression it was a global English word, but evidently it's not (with the Yanks as proof), so I'm guessing it must just be Aussie and Kiwi slang. Though I could've sworn I'd encountered it used by people from England ...

She told me it was Aussie slang :wink: So don't blame me for not knowing it!

Hey guys :wave:

Some student union guy is giving us a speech on how it's bad for the government to reintroduce third level fees

Greetings, John. :wave:

I always ignore the student union people. Even if I completely agree with them. Usually I just think "shut up, you're making us all look bad."

:p

I'd always thought it was an Australian thing... wasn't aware till now that it was definitely in NZ too. So I clearly phail.

Dearest Rooster,

I think that sounds like a fantastic suggestion? Do you have any delicious cheeses for a side dish?

:drool:-ing Already,
Ax

My very dearest Chicken,

I'm glad you approve. Ofcourse there will be some fine cheese, how about some french bread with young goat cheese, put in the oven with a bit of port on it?

Eagerly awaiting your response, :flirt:

Rooster

Greetings, John. :wave:

I always ignore the student union people. Even if I completely agree with them. Usually I just think "shut up, you're making us all look bad."

Well I'm kind of against fees coming back

Not that I think it's wrong to pay just that I think it's suicide by the government to bring them back

Well I'm kind of against fees coming back

Not that I think it's wrong to pay just that I think it's suicide by the government to bring them back

Oh yeah. I'm the kind of person who tends to support free tertiary education. But if the union here agitated for it, I wouldn't get involved just because I can't stand them.

:p

I'd always thought it was an Australian thing... wasn't aware till now that it was definitely in NZ too. So I clearly phail.

Yeah, definitely a Kiwi thing; in my mind, I think of it as more a Kiwi than Aussie thing, actually. I certainly would more expect a New Zealander to use it. I generally only think of Aussies using 'chook' as a term of endearment or whatever.

My very dearest Chicken,

I'm glad you approve. Ofcourse there will be some fine cheese, how about some french bread with young goat cheese, put in the oven with a bit of port on it?

Eagerly awaiting your response, :flirt:

Rooster

Dearest Rooster,

I think that would work fantastically. Shall we also organise a range of crackers and dips?

Rather starving,
Ax

Hi John! :wave:

Student unions... :slant:

:wave: How are ya?

Oh yeah. I'm the kind of person who tends to support free tertiary education. But if the union here agitated for it, I wouldn't get involved just because I can't stand them.

I decided to sign the mass lettering to the government about it but not gonna do more; I refuse to believe how government is stupid enough to do it

Dearest Rooster,

I think that would work fantastically. Shall we also organise a range of crackers and dips?

Rather starving,
Ax

My Favourite Chick,

It sounds great, what about rice crackers? The dip is up to you then.

Drooling in advance,

Rooster

Ah well, gotta go I guess.. need to change since I'm wearing my comfy baggy tracking pants...

:lol: I don't think that's appropriate.

Yeah, definitely a Kiwi thing; in my mind, I think of it as more a Kiwi than Aussie thing, actually. I certainly would more expect a New Zealander to use it. I generally only think of Aussies using 'chook' as a term of endearment or whatever.

I've never heard it used as a term of endearment. :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom