Check out Thom!!!! OMG!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
When I saw these pics I jumped with glee!!! I always thought Radiohead didn't think much of U2 but guess I was wrong...

Check these out!!!:wink: :drool: :hyper: :happy:

thomu2shirt.jpg

thomu2shirt1.jpg

in a WAR shirt no less!! Hah!

btw.. pics were from the show in Toronto, 6/8/06...

Thom said they wouldn't have done Bends if it wasn't for AB...

And their guitarist thinks Stuck was one of the best U2 songs...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Thom said they wouldn't have done Bends if it wasn't for AB...

And their guitarist thinks Stuck was one of the best U2 songs...

never heard the bends -achtung baby comment before .....interesting

If anything Thom has said REM were much more of an influence on them during the recording of the bends

Also Jonny did once say he hated Achtung Baby and was already dated.

Ed likes them though:wink:

Thom threw in a line from Please into one of their songs (I'm forgetting which one now) at their Earls Court gig back in 2003... :)

Pop Artist said:
Thom threw in a line from Please into one of their songs (I'm forgetting which one now) at their Earls Court gig back in 2003... :)

Yea it was during I might be wrong:drool:

I've read many complimentary things that Radiohead has said about U2. I thought they were friends, actually. Or certainly friendly.

*right-click, save*

i remember both radiohead and u2 performed at the tibetan freedom concert, muchmusic was interviewing thom and... ed? jonny? i can't remember. anyway, they were interviewing thom and someone else while u2 was playing their set. you could hear 'one' playing in the background and thom was so immersed in the song, he just closed his eyes and swayed and sang along, and completely ignored the vj asking the questions and the other person had to carry the entire interview.

it was a pretty cool moment.

yeah, i have that part on tape somewhere hitman.

thom was awfully strange back then. at least he's normal now. :angry:

Nice pics. :up: I'm not sure why it matters that Thom Yorke is wearing a U2 shirt, but they're nice pictures at any rate. :wink:

elevation2u said:
I've always heard about the 'Please
snippet but have never heard it. Is it in the I MIght Be Wrong released live recording? Cause I have and never heard it, I've always assumed it was from a bootleg.

It is from a bootleg. Not the I Might Be Wrong recordings. If I'm not mistaken, it was during the tour for Hail To The Thief at Earl's Court. I used to have it on my old computer but it's not on my laptop. It might still be on my iPod. I'll see if I can upload it for you.

GibsonGirl said:
Nice pics. :up: I'm not sure why it matters that Thom Yorke is wearing a U2 shirt, but they're nice pictures at any rate. :wink:

It mattered to me cuz I am a huge RH and U2 fan! And it just made my love them even more ( and respect them..which I always had...geniuses at what they do and amazing live shows)

:huh: Well, I just thought it was really cool that he was wearing a U2 shirt. :| Too bad he wasn't wearing it at the Philly 2 show I went to a couple of weeks ago. I probably would of went nuts.. :drool:

I always had the impression that Radiohead didn't think much of them. Maybe its just that there aren't a lot of comments about U2 out there by RH. That it gave me the wrong impression.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

It is from a bootleg. Not the I Might Be Wrong recordings. If I'm not mistaken, it was during the tour for Hail To The Thief at Earl's Court. I used to have it on my old computer but it's not on my laptop. It might still be on my iPod. I'll see if I can upload it for you.

First of all, it does matter :grumpy:

Secondly, I just might be wrong about that: ysi.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AD614D901B9CE87A (w/ Please snippet)

got_edge said:

Secondly, I just might be wrong about that: ysi.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AD614D901B9CE87A (w/ Please snippet)

:grumpy: I'm not so sure it does.

Yep, that's the one, thanks. :up: Knew it was Earl's Court! That's a great show, I have to see if I still have it on my iPod.

got_edge said:

I was at this show (even though I couldn't remember the song he tagged it on :der: ), I remember he starts singing something different, yet so familiar...and then I recognized it, I think I was the only one in my section who knew what it was... :D

Back
Top Bottom