Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
So this movie is going to warrant about 3 pants-poopings in one viewing. I can't wait to see it.

wwonka2.jpg

I mean JD just looks like a straight bad ass.

Anyone else anticipating this thing?

My daughter can't wait. She's planning her birthday/sleepover party around the movie being released on 7/15....

I can't wait - it's the only film released this year which i've been looking forward to seeing, which is desperately sad.
I'm not sure why, either. I loved the original so much, and by the looks of the trailer, they've altered it way too much to make me appreciate it.
I'm lokoing forward to taking my little brother to see it though - he's young and hasn't seen the original, and I hope he'll enjoy it as much as I did as a child (and do as a teenager). I think he'll find the appeal of the updated version better than the original.

I'm very excited about this movie! Johnny Depp is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week, and when I opened my mailbox and saw that I stood there in the street and squealed like a little girl. :D

Well being a Johnny Depp fan since 21 Jumpstreet ( I just aged myself), I always look forward to his movies. This one though, I'm counting the days!!! We have a big group of us going on opening day. I'm taking my 10 year old son with me since he is also looking forward to seeing this movie.

I agree with what dandy says, he does look hot even in that outfit. :combust:

Those eyes, those cheekbones......:faint::drool:

miss becky said:
I'm very excited about this movie! Johnny Depp is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week, and when I opened my mailbox and saw that I stood there in the street and squealed like a little girl. :D

:lmao: My copy of that issue came yesterday too. No better way to get the mail than opening the mailbox and having your favorite actor tipping his hat at you.

I'm pretty excited about this. I'm a massive Roald Dahl fan.

Roald HATED the other film with a passion. So much that he refused to be associated with it, and refused the production company the rights to make the Great Glass Elevator. Roald's family have said that this version is much closer to what Roald's original vision was, and believe that he would have loved it.

and that alone is endorsement enough for me.

PS Personally, I cannot stand the Gene Wilder film. Maybe because I had read the book many years before seeing the film, and am a Dahl-ophile :D . that film bears very little relation to the book, imho, apart from the characters and the basic storyline framework :down: . I hope this film lives up to it's possibilities :D

hehehe i dont think he looks hot at all but he looks friggin cool which he always manages so nicely, yea im looking forward to this having faith in Tim Burton more so than Depp. Tim Burton is one of the best directors ever IMO, he has so meticously crafted his own genre:up:

Im also looking forward to THe Corpse Bride bu Burton, i believe it comes out later this year [?]:hyper:

elevation2u said:

Im also looking forward to THe Corpse Bride bu Burton, i believe it comes out later this year [?]:hyper:

Sometime around October, methinks. With Burton behind it, I'm sure it will be great. Obviously evokes Nightmare Before Christmas, which is never a bad thing.

looks like it will be a lot worst than the Wilder one.

seriously, I saw the previews and it's looks over-the-top ridiculous

you can't like something JUST because it has Depp...then we'd have to like Nick of Time!

Basstrap said:

you can't like something JUST because it has Depp...then we'd have to like Nick of Time!

Even worse, then we'd have to like The Astronaut's Wife!

inmyplace13 said:

That store is garbage :mad:

I had to shop there for a birthday present for my daughter. They had t-shirts from the movie, and they were the only place I could find them in this town. So I bought one, and some trading cards. And some Depp postcards. They didn't have the cool poster from the movie... I don't normally shop there, although I have bought my nephew giftcards to that store for the holidays...

Lila64 said:

I had to shop there for a birthday present for my daughter. They had t-shirts from the movie, and they were the only place I could find them in this town. So I bought one, and some trading cards. And some Depp postcards. They didn't have the cool poster from the movie... I don't normally shop there, although I have bought my nephew giftcards to that store for the holidays...

Well, I mean. I've bought a fair share of shirts there mostly because they're one of the only stores that carry the sorts of shirts I'd want. I bought the Zeppelin US 77 tour shirt there. One of my many Coldplay ones. And that's just to name a few.

But the store itself caters to the angst-ridden teen cliches I've grown to loathe.

shaun vox said:

ya but its a tim burton movie and tim and johnny are like this:hug:

I like what Tim Burton does. Nightmare before Christmas is one of my favorites.

To me, Depp makes the Willie Wonka character look too young and impish.

nbcrusader said:

To me, Depp makes the Willie Wonka character look too young and impish.

I'm the exact opposite. I think he makes Wonka look more demented. Maybe the whole manboy thing makes him seem even more creepy? I don't know for sure, I just think he looks great and is a great envisioning of a character that I always imagined to be as twisted and strange as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom