Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i laughed hysterically during the part where kid willy is walking along all happy with the different country flags in the background and it appears as if he traveled all over
"sorry son we're closed"
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
Flags of the world museum

:lmao:

Lila I think you were the first one of the lot to see it too. :wink:

inmyplace13 said:
Lila I think you were the first one of the lot to see it too. :wink:

Yes, probably. My daughter had her 'birthday party' there, taking 5 of her friends on opening day. She wanted to see it again, plus she wanted to have movie popcorn
Faim19.gif
one last time, since she is getting braces tomorrow (and popcorn may be a no-no) :sad:

Lila64 said:

Yes, probably. My daughter had her 'birthday party' there, taking 5 of her friends on opening day. She wanted to see it again, plus she wanted to have movie popcorn
Faim19.gif
one last time, since she is getting braces tomorrow (and popcorn may be a no-no) :sad:

I ate popcorn with braces :shifty:

Just saw the movie :yes:

Have to say...

I like the original so much more kids!

Johnny Depp was good in the movie, but it was cut way to much!

What happened to the fizzy-lifting drinks?
Where did the dad come from?
Who was the geezer with Mike TV?
How did the umpa-lumpa's drive all the way to Tokyo on a bike?
Why did they move the house to the chocolate factory?

Okay....I'm lovin my what/who/how/why/when/where
lol

I did like the *stop mumbling* parts though and *chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most* will always be a great line!

But nothing beats Gene Wilder sayin to one of the children
*Stop, no, come back.*

With the sarcastic voice :lol:

Maybe I need to rewatch it :hmm:

bono_gal said:

HUH? I don't recall them going to Tokyo on a bike. And I've seen it twice with my daughter (she's questioning that comment too) :scratch:

Just got back from it...

The movie was overall significantly better than the original (different too), the tv room scene was great with the "2001" wonka bar :lmao:

I didn't like depp's character though, the acting was fine but wonka was just too weird:huh:

so I'll call it good not great:wink:

What dad?

Charlie's dad is in the original book, he really does screw toothpaste caps on for a living which is why they are so poor.

And the "old geezer" with Mike TV is *his* long-suffering father, who's also in the book.

Thanks...just wanted the questions answered.

I never read the book, so I never knew about the dad or the "long-suffering" father. So thanks for telling me what it was!

I got the biking to Japan thing from when, we were told that nobody ever seen the workers from the factory.

Once night drew in the umpa-lumpas came out of the factory on bikes...in the next scene of the film, all different locations in the world were on the screen talking about the 5 golden ticket thing.

They wouldnt know about it if the umpa-lumpas hadnt went there that very same night on their bikes, would they now?

Sorry, about the fact that I've never read the book...I will do now, 'cos I'm a bit confuddled about the two films.

Thanks for answering the questions....and I'll read the book!

:hug:

gene wildder

bono_gal said:

Have to say...

I like the original so much more kids!

Johnny Depp was good in the movie, but it was cut way to much!

What happened to the fizzy-lifting drinks?
Where did the dad come from?
Who was the geezer with Mike TV?
Why did they move the house to the chocolate factory?

Okay....I'm lovin my what/who/how/why/when/where
lol

I did like the *stop mumbling* parts though and *chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most* will always be a great line!

But nothing beats Gene Wilder sayin to one of the children
*Stop, no, come back.*

With the sarcastic voice :lol:

Maybe I need to rewatch it :hmm:
Hey i'm with u and i havnt even seen MR Depps version yet Gene Wilder rocks (sorry did i just say Gene Wilder rocks?) Also does anybody else find the umpa-lumpas spooky? They scared the shit out of me as a kid!:yikes:

Lila64 said:
Deep Roy was great in this one. Don't be scared!
I cant help it! Honestly, whenever i hear that umpa-lumpa song i get shivers and a overwhelming compulsion to flee!:eek:

Re: gene wildder

reptile said:
Also does anybody else find the umpa-lumpas spooky? They scared the shit out of me as a kid!:yikes:

As a kid??? - They scare the shit out of me now!

As long as it doesn't involve any exposure type therapy where we are forced to watch umpa lumpas and have them sing THAT SONG :no: to overcome our fear of them.........
:no: :no: :no:
:yell:
:faint:

Tilli said:
As long as it doesn't involve any exposure type therapy where we are forced to watch umpa lumpas and have them sing THAT SONG :no: to overcome our fear of them.........
:no: :no: :no:
:yell:
:faint:
oh my god, now im having nightmares!!!!!!!!!

I dont mean to make things worse but, have you noticed how similar in stature (and spookyness!) the little people from The wizard of oz are?
:ohmy: :ohmy:

reptile said:

oh my god, now im having nightmares!!!!!!!!!

I dont mean to make things worse but, have you noticed how similar in stature (and spookyness!) the little people from The wizard of oz are?
:ohmy: :ohmy:

They're everywhere...EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Aaarrgghhh!!!!!!:no:

you might have hit on this, but my Hero Danny elfman was the voice of all the umpa loompa's. during veruca salts song, you can hear a later boingo influence.

Back
Top Bottom