Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just came back from the movie. Can't wait to hear what others think. I enjoyed it - very entertaining, very funny. The Oompa Loompas are the best part, and i thought Depp was quite good actually. Liked the story better than the original as well. It's obviously modernized... 2 thumbs up! :up: :up:
Banane09.gif

Loved it. Depp was hysterical.

Everything was very Burton-ized, which was right up my alley. Depp's Willy Wonka is destined to go down as one of my favorite characters in any movie.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this movie. If it was a thread, I'd give it five stars

I enjoyed it too. Would see it again. The Oompa Loompas cracked me up. Hubby thought it was Tim Burton's best movie. :up:

i wanna see it again, it met every single of my high expecations for the film and even went beyod that, unlike Big Fish which was good but in my opinion not great as I expected. Burton and Depp have definitely magnificent chemistry goin on because this is truly a great rendition of a classic movie turned quirky, neurotic and still remains classic in its own genre. Depp, the kids, and Deep Roy deliver bizarre, unique, sweetness to their roles. Again Danny Elfman serves up, once again, a riveting musical genuis to the film. Overall, definitely an A +

Last edited:
I saw it Friday night with my son and we both loved the movie. Johnny, Tim and Danny create such magic again. My son's favorite part was Deep Roy as The Oompa Loompas. Those songs he sang were so wonderful. I can't wait to go and see it again with my husband. Johnny was awesome, as always!!! I can't say enough about this movie, it was great. Danny's music for this movie was just awesome. One of Tim and Johnny's best together. Deep Roy rocks!!!
:up: :up: :up:

i saw this today. it just reaffirms my love for tim burton. the man has such vision.

for me, the burton/depp/elfman combination just can't be beat.

and i almost leapt out of my seat with glee when they showed the 'corpse bride' trailer.

Interesting......

Not crazy about the Oompa Loompa songs - and hard to understand what they were saying most of the time. But I do think Johnny and Freddie were excellent :up:

Just saw it last night. :applaud:
As I told my neighbor, when giving my oral report on it, :lol: :
I like it as much as "WW & The CF", but for different reasons. You have to keep in mind with "C&TCF" that Burton was at the helm. And God knows I love him, but he can be bizarre! :yes:
There is absolutely no way to compare these two films with each other... they come from completely different visions of the story, but I feel each version was carried out wonderfully! :up:

And for those in the know, aren't the squirrels 10,00000x better than geese??? :lmao: !!!!!

Early estimates are saying it made about 55.4 million this weekend :rockon:

Finally ... saw it yesterday, and thought it was pretty GOOD !! :applaud:

Johnny Depp did an incredible job ... even though
I STILL love the original Willy Wonka movie with Gene Wilder more !! :bow::bow:

I saw it last night. I think I know what tripping acid feels like now.

I kept finding Wonka's "evil" look to be strangely hot.

i love this movie. i cant wait to see it again. depp and burton rule!

all you people are cool
only like 4 out of 10 people who i know that have seen it liked it

out of those 4 only 2 loved it like me, the other 2 thought "it was okay but not better than the first one"

2 out of the 10 hated it:angry:

Back
Top Bottom