Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Tim Burton is a fucking genius, and I liked or LOVED everything he's ever done.

I also think Johnny Depp is a fucking brilliant actor, and I like ALMOST everything he's done.

However, those two things combined cannot eclipse the pure and utter adoration and praise I have for Gene Wilder. And Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is my all time favorite Wilder performance.

I'm not expecting Burton's version to be BETTER than Wilder's (I say that like he directed it..:rolleyes: ) but I am still anticipating this film almost as much as I did Star Wars Episode III :)drool: x 1000)

I'm sure it will be great, but nothing will be able to top the original film.

I'd like to see this one, but I hate movie theatres so I will have to wait for the DVD.

I dont really care for crowded theatres. I like to watch movies in peace, without a bunch of people/teens goofing off, laughing, talking, yelling, in my ear .. etc. That's how it is where I live anyway :shrug: Plus I'd rather spend $3 for a relaxing evening in my living room than $10 for the above.

Sicy said:
I dont really care for crowded theatres. I like to watch movies in peace, without a bunch of people/teens goofing off, laughing, talking, yelling, in my ear .. etc. That's how it is where I live anyway :shrug: Plus I'd rather spend $3 for a relaxing evening in my living room than $10 for the above.

True, but that would only work if you had a 42" plasma TV :drool:

Otherwise, there are some movies that are worth watching in a movie theater... because of their photography, special effects, etc.

Sicy said:

Perhaps you should schedule going to the movies accordingly, like when it's less crowded or no teens around (during school year when they should be in school). 9 days to go!

Surprisingly the cinema in downtown San Diego which is really nice inside is always empty so I always go there... personally I cant stand movie theaters...i like to watch movies in quiet...and with other people answering cellphones:angry:, chewing, talking, getting up etc ... is irritating
and plus i'm a bit of a germ freak and i start thinking of all the people sneezing/coughing..all the people who might have sat in my current seat

overall my biggest complaint is that my friends and me have very different movie tastes.. they're more into "Monster in-law" or "meet the fockers"...two movies i would never think of going to see

and of course movies like "sin city" "aquatic life" "garden state" are movies they would never want to watch

my boyfriend and i have very very similar taste in movies so that's the important thing :up:

hahaha,,,and i dont liek making out in movies...
im such a film enthusiast that i want to WATCH the movie if i wanted to make out i wouldnt be there:reject:

Johnny Depp is gorgeous and I love all his acting roles. While he's not as beautiful in this film as he was in, say, Chocolat :)drool: x infinity)...and my friend and I have determined he looks a bit like Michael Jackson, I still can't wait to see it.

My friend and I are seeing it in IMAX! :hyper:

edited to add: Tim Burton is awesomely amazing as well

^ I agree with you about Burton and Depp!

I have to say, like my friend Bammo2, I am a big Dahl fan, Charlie being my favorite.

I also LOVED the movie...even if it didn't do much for the book. It really is one of my all time favorite movies.

WHICH means I am a bit frightened of what this new movie may bring. I am not a fan of remakes, but I really could not ask for a better person to remake the movie than Burton. And Depp seems to fit (although I love Gene).

So, I will go see this movie (knowing that often, going into something with low or no expectations, means better results).

I am thinking of going to the theater dressed as a Oompah loompah (I figure, if people can go to episode III dressed like a stormtrooper...I can go to this movie as an oompha loompah).

AND, I am not going to go to just any theater...NOOO, I am going to see it in the Cocoa Theater...in Hershey, PA. :D

42-15500766.jpg

I'm looking somewhat forward towards this movie... my sister seems to be excited for it and so does my 2 depp-addicted friends.

Me, on the other hand, really could do without it... I too, grew up with the original so a remake usually makes me wary of the quality too... I guess I'd have to watch it to give it a sound opinion and I'm sure I'd be dragged at one point or the other to it. :shrug:

I'm still shocked, that no one has thought that this new Willy Wonka looks like a pedophile. :silent: For some reason, everytime I see the advertisements at the bus shelters and on the television, he strikes me as one... that and him being around little children do little to calm the mind. :wink:

Ebert and Roper didn't like Depp's performance. Ebert said he looked like a cross between Michael Jackson and Carol Burnett. :lol: (he's totally right :reject: )

I think he looks like a walking corpse.

Both guys gave the movie a thumbs up but not b/c of Depp. Interesting.....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I cannot wait to see this. I'll probably see it twice, with my friend and her daughter and then with my other friend at the IMAX (under the influence of a few substances, hehe).

You know, I thought the same thing about maybe having a little NICE shroomies SEAFOOD DINNER before going to the IMAX one.

I'll go ahead and :bump: this since Catman thinks there wasn't a thread about it and no one is anticipating it.

elevation2u said:

johnny was on leno last night too:happy:

Then it must have been very middle-of-the-road.

Achieving a nice equlibrium with pure perfection (JD) and pure shit (Leno).

My late night hierchy is as such:

Conan

Letterman

Leno

The Late Late show does not factor in this equation.

I just hate how Leno has to explain every joke in the monologue.

But enough late night. More chocolate factory.

And I don't mean R. Kelly's record

letterman sucks:|
:sexywink:

seriosuly, he cant even interview someone properly, he just asks his stupid little question and wants every female guests of his to compliment him all the time.

but yeah, charlie comes out tomorrow!!!!:hyper:
:up:

Ahem... Leno is the worst interviewer on the planet. Always has been. Sorry. End of story.

Letterman ----all the way baby
Accord07.gif

I did catch Depp on Leno, but only for the purpose of catching Depp on Leno. Taking my daughter and her 5 friends to the afternoon showing on Friday for her 'birthday party' celebration/sleepover. Should be interesting :hmm:

I'm seeing it at 9:30 or 10 tonight, so when I get back on here later I'll post my impressions.

Back
Top Bottom