Champs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
palmershower2eq.jpg

rudichamp2kf.jpg

AFC NORTH DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!

Who Dey!

CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson is dreaming of a whitetail Christmas.

The Bengals receiver suggested Tuesday that he has a special touchdown celebration planned for Cincinnati's game on Christmas Eve, one that will top his Riverdance, his end zone putt and his sideline proposal from earlier this season.

A surrogate reindeer, perhaps?

"On the highway, I hit a deer," Johnson said Tuesday, insisting he was serious and that the animal wasn't hurt. "I kept him. He's at home in the garage. I'm going to use him for the celebration this weekend. He's a prop. They might suspend me for the last game, but I think this one is worth it."

Even if Johnson is serious -- and, with him, there's no telling -- coach Marvin Lewis would certainly put his foot down. So Johnson's scheme may never get beyond the talking stage.

He wasn't joking about his desire to come up with a celebration that will keep fans talking long after the Bengals' last regular-season home game.

Fans in Detroit booed when he merely handed the ball to an official following his touchdown during a 41-17 victory Sunday that clinched the AFC North title. It was only the second time this season that he didn't celebrate a touchdown -- the other came when the officials needed time to decide if he had scored, spoiling the moment.

"But this Saturday, I'll be back to my old self," he said. "You can look forward to the celebration being part of something that has to do with Christmas. It's going to be fun. I might get in trouble, so I might as well let that out now. I might get in trouble for what I'm going to do, but it's worth it."

Johnson was excited by the thought of getting a deer into the end zone routine. His Riverdance brought him national attention as a hoofer. Now, he's fixated on hooves.

"This is going to be the greatest celebration of all time, man," he said. "I actually use an animal."

johnson used to be funny but now his act is getting a little old

he's trying too hard these days. the tiger woods thing wasn't funny, and then he can make just giving the ball to the ref a big deal. it would be better if he just layed low for a couple weeks then busted something funny out.

it seems like every week he's talking about how he has his best routine ever coming up, and that takes away the funny.

I really enjoy the fact that Johnson has the deer in his garage right now. How did he bring it home? How will he get it to the stadium?

If he does pull this celebration off, I think he'll definitely be suspended a game. He'll also need some help to pull it off and I could see security or whoever helps him get fired if they are at all associated with the team.

That said, I hope it does happen.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
there's one simple way to get him to not do his celebrations... stop him from getting into the endzone.

Indeed, and while I will admit Chad says some dumb things, hes quite entertaining most of the time.

I like Chad Johnson. His interviews are hilarious. He doesn't have that chip on his shoulder that Mr Owens has. I'm hoping that Cinci can get a first round bye. They do that, and I really think they have a shot at the Super Bowl.

PS. That Riverdance celebration was one of the funniest things I've seen.

Give me Mark Bavaro crossing the goalline, kneeling, head down, making a sign of the cross, and leaving the ball at his feet.

I prefer a guy who gives the ball to the ref (as if this "touchdown thing" is a given) and heads for the sideline or blocking detail for the P.A.T.

I loved Bavaro! :up:

I am wondering if EP has registered his car in Ohio so he could get one of those Who DEY Lic. plates.

Do not taunt them. They'd be more interesting and fun than anyone left now. :sigh:

if you're going to proclaim yourselves "champs" before the playoffs begin, then you should expect a little ribbing when they lose

Back
Top Bottom