CD wallets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Ok, I'm finally getting a cd player for my car. (It's an anniversary present from my sweetie-pie.) What about those cd wallets that hold the cds without the jewel cases? Do they adequately protect the cds? Do the discs ever slip out and get scratched up?

Tell me what you know.

I love mine and use it alot. As for scratching, can't say it has but I have no expert advice.

I use mine all the time! They save space in my dorm room and they are easy to bring wherever you want to go. Mine are black leather-like ones that I decorated with stickers and puffy paint. I have four of them, but my 24 CD wallet gets the most use because it is the easiest to pack and it fits nicely in my glove compartment.

The only problem that I've had with my CD wallets is with the Zooropa CD. The purple paint sticks to the plastic or vinyl pages in the wallet and comes off. Then if you put another CD in the pocket where the Zooropa paint came off, your other CD will end up sticking in the pocket. It's rather annoying. :mad: That's the only CD that I've had a problem with. Anybody else have that problem?

Don't get the "Case-Logic" or whatever it's called. It sounds something like that. I have one that holds around 200 cds and I noticed a lot of stratches after a year.

Well, the one I bought at the store was crap (despite it looking very pretty.) The cds never fall out of the slips, but the slips are detachable from the wallet (so you can put in as many as you need). But the slips always fall out.

I did, however, get a free cd wallet in the mail from PC World. It's really really nice and I couldn't live without it.

I guess I didn't get what I paid for. :D

kariatari said:
Anybody else have that problem?

i haven't...that sounds odd actually...i wonder if it had something to do with the cd itself, like it was just yours (or more likely a few of them) and not every one manufactured.

i have a huge case logic one that holds ummm....a lot...i don't remember the number, and it's been fine. i've had it for a long time and haven't noticed any problems with cd's falling out or scratching.

awww..i lurve you daisy

daisybean said:
because I wasn't paying attention.

coughcoughlush coughcoughdrunk coughcough

i got mine free from school when i graduated. it says "class of 2002" in yellow on it. it sucks, just to look at. it's yours if you want it.

i'm :eek:.......my 48 cd wallet for u2 stuff is too full, so i need a bigger one....is it weird to have more than 50 u2 cds? and lies, don't answer cause i know you have hundreds......

i think it's better than jewel cases and more convenient......go for it!!!

If you have a cd-burner you may as well make some copies and keep them in a wallet in the car.
That way you can have the cds in your home and your car at the same time, and if they get scratched its not the end of the world.

Good advice clodimani. I discovered that idea the hard way after transporting my brothers kids around for a while. They insisted on looking through all the cds with their sticky horrible fingers :rolleyes:
At least now if they do it they wont be hurting the originals.
Ive never had any problems with my cd wallet and it is a really cheap one. I hate having cases lying around all over the car.

I had two when I was still using my now broken CD player. One is black and square and the other one is blue and round. Both of them holds 24 CDs. I used the round one more often because its round shape reduce the volume of it and thus more convenient. Non of my CDs have any scratches on it.

I have FAR too many cds, so cd wallets (and cd wallpaper) are all I use. They seem to protect the cds pretty well, and take up a lot less storage space than the jewel cases.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i haven't...that sounds odd actually...i wonder if it had something to do with the cd itself, like it was just yours (or more likely a few of them) and not every one manufactured.

I thought that it might just be mine too, so I bought another one and it did the same thing. :(

Re: Re: awww..i lurve you lilly even thou I am a drunk

daisybean said:

here dear you need a coughdrop... are you getting sick?

actually i am *cough* *sniff* dern kids got me ill. :mad:

too many cds? umm...*quick count* 387, not counting burned cds, and not counting the 50 that got stolen from me three years ago :mad: yeah...who needs food and clothing when i can have sweet sweet music?

kariatari said:

The only problem that I've had with my CD wallets is with the Zooropa CD. The purple paint sticks to the plastic or vinyl pages in the wallet and comes off. Then if you put another CD in the pocket where the Zooropa paint came off, your other CD will end up sticking in the pocket. It's rather annoying. :mad: That's the only CD that I've had a problem with. Anybody else have that problem?

ME TOO!!!!!!!

then i bought a new stereo. it ate my zooropa cd, so circuit city had to reimburse me for the stereo and give me a new zooropa cd.

But still- it happened to me too!! :eyebrow: weird...

And to answer your Q martha- i've never had a problem w/ the cases at all. I keep one (50) in the car w/ driving music and one in my house (200) just for my boots- dunno what I'd do w/o them! :D

Last edited:
I too have had the Zooropa sticky problem. However, for some reason my newer CD case doesn't seem to have an issue with it. The plastic seems to be different, so that's good. :huh:

I have on that stays in my moms car all the time; it works very well.

And I agree about the CD burning thing, cause lets say someone brakes into your car/steals your car the person wont take your real copy of the CD.

sulawesigirl4 said:
However, for some reason my newer CD case doesn't seem to have an issue with it. The plastic seems to be different, so that's good. :huh:
that could be why i've never had a problem. the plastic seems different from the other cd wallet i used to have, which never had zooropa in it.

my zooropa cd used to skip like a mofo. i wonder if the cd is cursed? :D

The only concern I have about my CD wallet is that I do sometimes leave it in the car -- and if it gets stolen or I lose it well, there goes $400+ worth of CD's (if it's full). I do often pull a number of the CD's for that reason.

pub crawler said:
The only concern I have about my CD wallet is that I do sometimes leave it in the car
yeah, i do that a lot, too. although sometimes i remember to take it out of my car...and forget to like switch cd's or something. i've had the same cd in my player for two months now. luckily it's a mix cd so i can't really get sick of it since it's not the same artist over and over.

i need a new car so i can have a car alarm and not be too stressed about being in not-so-nice areas (which is often cuz for over two years now i spend most of my time in the actual city and not the suburbs) and worry about my car.

I could be having a lot of cds by now, but I traded out the ones I don't get to listen to at secondhand cd shops. Best way to get rid of the clutter and get a chance to listen to more music. My bootlegs though are in a cd album...will be in cd albumS soon. :eek:

Martha, get the Motion Systems brand. They are absolutely excellent. There are slips but they are attached securely to the case, and I have had this case since December and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Motion Systems makes 2 kinds -- the small round kind, that holds around 30 or so, and they make a large one that holds 90 (the one I use). Not to mention they come in several colours and are pretty, too ;) I love my CD case -- it isn't really heavy or bulky and it holds almost my entire CD collection. :D

cloudimani said:
If you have a cd-burner you may as well make some copies and keep them in a wallet in the car.
That way you can have the cds in your home and your car at the same time, and if they get scratched its not the end of the world.

yep, this is what i do for the 'must-have-in-car-at-all-times' cds

especially the beloved bootlegs which aren't always easily replaced

so the only jewel cases or originals that are in my car are ones that i am currently listening to, but not necessarily obsessed with. if i'm still listening to one after, say, 6 weeks, i'll make a copy to keep in the car

see, i've got a whole system going that i usually don't talk about because, well, gee, wouldn't want anyone to think i'm eccentric or anything

Back
Top Bottom