Catorce, tres, dos, unos-- Randooooomers countdown to Vertigo tour begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fah said:

I escaped taking them to Ashlee Simpson because I was working but it appears I may be off the night that Kelly comes to town.:|

:yikes:

and didn't you go see averil already?

i suppose kelly clarkson is less evil than ashlee simpson, since she actually sings the songs, or does she??? :crack: such high standards mainstream music adheres to. singing your own songs (rather than lip syncing) should be a given. i guess i take that stuff for granted.

i was amazed when i read that it was a big deal for tim mcgraw to record albums with his touring band rather than random studio musicians.

and silly me, there was a time when i thought most "artists" actually wrote their own material!

IWasBored said:
curly hair is the reason i shave my head.

i never want to look like those pictures of me from elementary school again. hell, my high school ID photos are frightening.

:hug:

~flashback~

When I was in high school my hair was long and wavy. Then one day (grade 12) I decided to cut it short and I had no idea how curly my hair was until that happened. I cried all the way home from the hair salon.

And yes, I've seen Avril in concert - twice if you must know. The first one I took the mini fahs to and the second she was one of the artists at the Tsunami relief concert. The first time I saw her she was pretty good and the mini fahs had a great time, the second time she seemed lost performing in front of a crowd that really wasn't her audience. The crowd was polite and enthusiastic but she really didn't impress me like she did the first time.

fah said:

:hug:

~flashback~

When I was in high school my hair was long and wavy. Then one day (grade 12) I decided to cut it short and I had no idea how curly my hair was until that happened. I cried all the way home from the hair salon.

fah said:
And yes, I've seen Avril in concert - twice if you must know. The first one I took the mini fahs to and the second she was one of the artists at the Tsunami relief concert. The first time I saw her she was pretty good and the mini fahs had a great time, the second time she seemed lost performing in front of a crowd that really wasn't her audience. The crowd was polite and enthusiastic but she really didn't impress me like she did the first time.

twice? :yikes:

good thing she was decent the first time/the mini fahs had a good time, otherwise twice might have been really, really bad...

IWasBored said:

twice? :yikes:

good thing she was decent the first time/the mini fahs had a good time, otherwise twice might have been really, really bad...

Yeah, the second time was when I saw Sum41 too and I thought they were pretty good but not as good the Barenaked Ladies were.

Hello hello randomers! I am just in a fabulous mood today [and no that is not in my normal sarcastic tone]. I have been such a crab from being sick the last few weeks.

:hyper: It doesn't hurt that 3 weeks from tomorrow I'll be in San Diego!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I went to lunch with Amy and one of our coworkers from monster.com that got laid off with us last year. They both work crappy office jobs that don't pay that much and they aren't really appreciated.....just like at our last job. Nothing has really changed or gotten better for them. I was very quiet at lunch because my life has dramitcally changed since last year and I have absolutely no complaints about my job now. I :heart: it. I didn't feel comfortable going on about my wonderful job while they have horrid ones so I just let them talk. I feel bad for them that they still have to go through all the crap and get paid so little.

Last edited:
I beginning to think that maybe I dont' need a phone and a cell phone. I talked to my mom for 34 second tonight (my phone has a timer :sexywink: ) and that's all. $31 a month for 34 seconds a night isnt' worth it. I never talk to anyone else on the phone.

But then again I had to carry around my cell phone everywhere I went so I knew where it was at all times when I first moved in and that drove me insane having to keep track of it all the time.

But I could always put in on the counter by my keys instead of leaving it in my jacket or purse so it would always be in the same spot.

But I could see myself actually on the phone someplace other than by the counter where I keep my keys and then leave it someplace else.

No one really ever calls me anyways so why have 2 phones? :shrug:

I'm done now. thanks for listening......

Last edited:
:| I guess I'm not done.....

my cell phone rang an hour ago. It was someone asking for "mom"

my actual phone just rang and it was from an 800# I still get the rare telemarkter call.

two calls tonight and neither one of them were for me.

should I cancel or not? It feels weird not having a real phone...

:ohmy: oh crap :|

:mad:

I can't cancel it!!!!!!!! :scream: my new internet service is going to be through the phone line. :mad: :mad: :mad:

arw9797 said:
I beginning to think that maybe I dont' need a phone and a cell phone. I talked to my mom for 34 second tonight (my phone has a timer :sexywink: ) and that's all. $31 a month for 34 seconds a night isnt' worth it. I never talk to anyone else on the phone.

But then again I had to carry around my cell phone everywhere I went so I knew where it was at all times when I first moved in and that drove me insane having to keep track of it all the time.

But I could always put in on the counter by my keys instead of leaving it in my jacket or purse so it would always be in the same spot.

But I could see myself actually on the phone someplace other than by the counter where I keep my keys and then leave it someplace else.

No one really ever calls me anyways so why have 2 phones? :shrug:

I'm done now. thanks for listening......
I think if I ever move out I'll just keep my cell phone since I kind of like having it around.

I never keep it in the same place, or even in a place where I can find it when I need to. I've learned like to scramble around trying to find it when it's ringing. I'll often ask Jim to call me so I can find the damn thing. :shifty: I wish I could call ALL my small objects when I can't find them, I'd save myself so much time!

Kariann said:
I havent received a call from the mystery mariachi dude since we came back from AZ.

:shifty:
That's funny because Is Casey There? has called me twice since we got back and she hadn't called for awhile. :eyebrow: I wonder if they're working together!

Schmeg said:

I wish I could call ALL my small objects when I can't find them, I'd save myself so much time!

:laugh: last year when we moved to the new house I lost a remote control. I can't remember who it was but someone in our moving party said I could always call it! They quickly realized that a remote control doesn't ring.

:| My dad took it from my old bedroom because he saw it on the floor after my bed was moved. He had it up in his TV room for weeks. Since we lived in both houses for a month I obsessively looked for that damn thing at both houses and he had it all along. He didn't realize I was looking for it even though I talked about it on a daily basis since I couldn't operate one of my vcr's without :| He thought it was his but then couldn't figure out why it didn't work. He thought it just needed new batteries so he put it in a drawer :|

Why am I telling you this? I'm bored...and very shaky from my inhaler. Not a good thing :mad:

Schmeg said:

That's funny because Is Casey There? has called me twice since we got back and she hadn't called for awhile. :eyebrow: I wonder if they're working together!

I think they work for Intl Rarities. Who are they? No clue but they call my phone about once or twice a week. They never leave a message and I'm usually not here when they call but I was tonight.

arw9797 said:

I think they work for Intl Rarities. Who are they? No clue but they call my phone about once or twice a week. They never leave a message and I'm usually not here when they call but I was tonight.
Is Casey There? leaves messages whenever I don't pick up. Makes me feel popular for a minute and then it's her! :mad:

arw9797 said:

:laugh: last year when we moved to the new house I lost a remote control. I can't remember who it was but someone in our moving party said I could always call it! They quickly realized that a remote control doesn't ring.

:| My dad took it from my old bedroom because he saw it on the floor after my bed was moved. He had it up in his TV room for weeks. Since we lived in both houses for a month I obsessively looked for that damn thing at both houses and he had it all along. He didn't realize I was looking for it even though I talked about it on a daily basis since I couldn't operate one of my vcr's without :| He thought it was his but then couldn't figure out why it didn't work. He thought it just needed new batteries so he put it in a drawer :|

Why am I telling you this? I'm bored...and very shaky from my inhaler. Not a good thing :mad:
My dad would do the same thing, listen to me whine about it for weeks and then suddenly one day go, "Oh, this remote control?" and pull it out of some secret hiding place.

My inhaler makes me very shaky which is why I don't use it during the day, I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack. :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom