Cat people: have you ever seen this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cydewaze said:
I lowered her feet first with the crate facing up. Seemed to work, because she was NOT going to go in face first while she was still concious. :p

Hehe. When I have to take Posh out I put the box out for her and often she'll climb in and go to sleep, not knowing what's to come, muahahah!

The first time Beckham went in the car was an8 hr drive and he howled all the way to Chicago (3 hrs).

indra said:
I've learned with some of my more resistant cats that I try to put them into the crate face forward and when the lean backwards really hard I quickly turn them around and put them in backwards. :) So far it's working.

:lol:

My cat has been on way too many loooong car trips to be bothered much by getting in the carrier anymore. She's pretty cooperative. Now getting her to be quiet inside....It takes four hours to drive across the state of Alabama, but it feels like an eternity with a howling cat in your car. She's much improved from that trip, though.

Still hoping that Cricket will be ok. :)

I read that if you put the carrying case out the night before kitty needs to get in it, leave the latch open, put a favorite blankie and some catnip inside, kitty will crawl in and get used to the idea of it. I tried it once and the next morning my cat, normally terrified of the carrying case, was sleeping inside it and I just quietly closed the latch and off we went to the vet without a peep. It only worked that one time, though. Cats aren't fools, y'know. :wink: Now it's back to the back-him-in with a quick gentle shove method.

My carrier is always out. It's like a little home for them :D

zoeycarrier.jpg

Sicy said:
dalton, sorry but i need to steal your kittie. :love:

sicy, that cat carrier is adorable. i don't have a cat carrier, actually, i always borrow my mom's if i need to bring a kittie to the vet. where'd you get yours? although first i need to look into getting one of those litter boxes where it scoops out the poop for you. (dolemite's stopped pooping on the floor, but i still think it'd be a good idea as i've never seen two cats shit so much!)

cydewaze, good luck with cricket! i'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

cydewaze said:
The rest of Cricket's blood work came back. All normal. :up:

That is such great news! :D

I got the carrier at Pet Club but I'm sure most pet stores have them. It was almost 50 bucks though. Yeah I spoil my cats :reject:

Sicy said:

That is such great news! :D

I got the carrier at Pet Club but I'm sure most pet stores have them. It was almost 50 bucks though. Yeah I spoil my cats :reject:

You think that's bad, I have at any one time 15-20 different snackie treats for my dog Zeke. Not only that, but when I go to the treat/vet supplies cupboard, he will take what I hand him and if it isn't exactly what he wants he'll put it on the floor and look at me like "what else do you have?" And he'll continue that until he has six or eight different types of treats, and then he has his own little doggie treat buffet. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:up: to the bloodwork being normal.

It's always a struggle getting Mia in her carrier. I put her toys in there to make it less traumatic, but she knows where she's going when I get it out. Then I have to hear her meowing the entire drive there! Heaven help me if I ever have to go on a long trip with her! :crack:

Mrs. Edge said:
It's PetsMart? I thought it was PetSmart! :laugh:

That's great about the bloodwork, but what is wrong with her eye???
The logo says "PETsMART" so I believe it's meant to be taken either way (or both).

I'm due to talk with the vet today, so we'll see what he says about the eye.

KhanadaRhodes said:

dalton, sorry but i need to steal your kittie. :love:

:no: No can do. He is my little (well not so little any more....) man. The funniest thing is that he sits up on his haunches when playing with a string and his paws are so big they actually make a clapping sound when he grabs it. Great cat.

His brother is a bit of a wuss though - really only likes my wife.

Dalton said:
:no: No can do. He is my little (well not so little any more....) man. The funniest thing is that he sits up on his haunches when playing with a string and his paws are so big they actually make a clapping sound when he grabs it. Great cat.

His brother is a bit of a wuss though - really only likes my wife.
awww...but he looks just like my baby tabitha:
342%3C3%3B7523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323384%3B%3B6999ot1lsi

she's huge now but i don't have any recent pics of her on my comp.

i've got a wussy cat too. we got him because he looks like my oldest cat jonathan, who's a bit of a pimp. he loves his wimmenz, felines and humans. he lives with my parents and couldn't care less about my dad. :laugh: anyway, so we named him dolemite, the biggest pimp daddy of them all. well, he's a bit more of a wimp than a pimp. very skiddish. :mad: but i still love him, even when he wakes me up on the weekends by licking my arm.

Just an update.

Tonight while we were watching TV, I noticed Cricket rubbing at her eye with her paw. She does this occasionally, but she seemed to be obsessing this time. I took a look and noticed her left eye (the one with the pupil problem) was watering. I dabbed at it with a Kleenex, and it eventually stopped, but I'm telling the vet about it. She has another app't tomorrow at 11:30.

Sicy said:

I need one of those! Posh and Becks each have their own box, and by box I mean cardboard box, the $5 carrier. For long trips that require room for a litter box I have a large cardboard box, lol.

I want to get one of those double cat strollers they have in the Sky Mall on planes.

Today's vet trip went well. Kitty went right into her crate, no fuss, no muss, and didn't even poop on the way to the vets. The vet put some ointment in her eye (which has already started to work) and he gave me some eye drops for her. He also finally sold me a bag of her proper food.

I think kitty will be better on no time :up:

I'm so glad to hear this! Whenever one of my cats is sick, I am miserable. I love them so much it scares me. :heart:

HelloAngel said:
I'm so glad to hear this! Whenever one of my cats is sick, I am miserable. I love them so much it scares me. :heart:

One night I walked in to my house after a meeting to find my wife sitting on the couch crying. Naturally, I was very concerned. When I asked her what was wrong, I was sure it was going to be terrible. She responded, "Nothing, I was just thinking about how sad it will be when Emerson (our other cat) dies....."

I knew then that she was insane.

Dalton said:

One night I walked in to my house after a meeting to find my wife sitting on the couch crying. Naturally, I was very concerned. When I asked her what was wrong, I was sure it was going to be terrible. She responded, "Nothing, I was just thinking about how sad it will be when Emerson (our other cat) dies....."

I knew then that she was insane.

My cat is 11 and sometimes I catch myself thinking, "She's getting up there now, I have to start mentally preparing myself that someday she won' t be here :( "

So your wife isn't the only insane one :lol:

Back
Top Bottom