Carson Palmer vs. Eli Manning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

we have a winner.

right now carson palmer is the better QB. eli has shown signs of being just as good, but he still struggles with his accuracy.

palmer may be the better QB now... but i'm more than happy with eli's potential.

Do you think Eli has more potential? Or are you just happy with his potential since you are a Giant fan? I guess I ask because Ive heard lots of commentators say theyd take Manning earlier this year, then he started throwing lots of INTs and they all shut up.....:ohmy:

Elvis Presley said:

Do you think Eli has more potential? Or are you just happy with his potential since you are a Giant fan? I guess I ask because Ive heard lots of commentators say theyd take Manning earlier this year, then he started throwing lots of INTs and they all shut up.....:ohmy:

frankly i'm just happy with his potential. wether he has more potential than carson or not? who the hell knows... i'm happy, as a giants fan, that he has the potential to be a franchise quarterback for many many yeas... the same way you're thrilled with carson palmer.

frankly i would be happy as a pig in shit with either one of them... as opposed to if i had, say, chad pennington.

frankly i'm just happy with his potential. wether he has more potential than carson or not? who the hell knows... i'm happy, as a giants fan, that he has the potential to be a franchise quarterback for many many yeas... the same way you're thrilled with carson palmer.

frankly i would be happy as a pig in shit with either one of them... as opposed to if i had, say, chad pennington.

Yeah, I hear that, makes sense. Palmer has been unreal this year so far, so Cincy is in a sweaty fervor over him. As for Eli, I think he has lots of potential, but dont expect him to ever be the QB his brother is.....

Elvis Presley said:

As for Eli, I think he has lots of potential, but dont expect him to ever be the QB his brother is.....

My question is, why?

Does anyone here remember how Peyton Manning was his first year? He wasn't exactly tearing up the league yet. And while this is Eli's second year, keep in mind he started about half the games his first year, so he's really just wrapping up his rookie season, and you know what? He's done pretty much as well as his older brother did when he started out.

Will he end up doing as well as Peyton five years from now? Time will tell, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he did.

im just glad i grabbed palmer in the 6th round of the fantasy draft :drool:

eli's stats and total wins after 16 games were better/higher than peyton's were after 16 games.

:shrug:

does that mean eli will be better than peyton? of course not... if he's even in the same ballpark as his brother i'll be one happy mofo.

I think Eli has a better supporting cast than Manning did early, and a much much better defense than those old Colts teams. Which would attribute to more wins.....

Mr. BAW said:
Did you know Mort's son is the back-up QB for the Arkansas Razorbacks...when 'SC trashed them earlier this year, they threw him to the fire! it was sad to see him get trampled....! :lol:
I heard Mort on the radio a few weeks ago talking about his son playing QB at Arkansas.

i did not know that
Here's another tid-bit you didn't know...another of Mr. BAW's alumni played at BYU before being a 3rd round draft of the NY Jets..Chris Farasopolous....played during the early 70's...

Farasopoulos,Chris1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom