Carbon Leaf, ever heard of 'em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I heard a band on the radio whilst on vacation called Carbon Leaf, very good stuff, but I can't figure out which of their albums to start with. Anybody know anything about them?

Yes and guess what UL? They're from VIRGINIA just like you and me! I think they sound more Irish though don't you? They played at an awards show a few months back I forgot which one.

Yes, there is *quite* a bit of traditional irish influence in what I've heard thusfar. Mmmm, I have to tell my cousin that they're Virginian. We were talking about DMB being the only quality Virginian band the other day, but we were both impressed by Carbon Leaf. Most of our local bands, at least in the Valley, aren't much to speak of. Sun-Dried Opossum are OK, I suppose, but not my thing.

Sun-dried possum? I hope they make it big! That would be hilarious!

Cracker is a VA band too, from Richmond. Really the singer is from CA but moved to VA because of his wife. I think the other guys are from VA. My brother has met them in bars. He went to see them in the early days, and just recently in DC. He was standing up front and he yelled out the name of an old song- they stared at him, smiled, and played it! Don't forget good ol' Bruce Hornsby is from Williamsburg, and Missy Misemeanor Elliot is from Norfolk. Oh that's right you said quality!

I'm from the DC area, and I've heard good things about them, although I haven't actually heard them. My roommate's friend knows some people from the band and really likes the music...

jkayet said:
I'm from the DC area, and I've heard good things about them, although I haven't actually heard them. My roommate's friend knows some people from the band and really likes the music...

That's where I'd heard of them. I was trying to remember. Too many bands.... :scream:

Back
Top Bottom