Car Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm an agent for Nationwide - your question's kind of vague, though Dano. (Don't worry - I won't break out into full "Insurance Agent" mode on you!) :wink: I just mean, there are a LOT of variable in auto insurance. Are you looking for "cheap" or "worth the money" insurance?

I'm looking for the cheapest. The car is a 1989 Oldsmobile, I have a clean record, etc...so I'm looking for the cheapest option. The best deal I've found was at Liberty Mutual for around $600 a year. I haven't heard back from Geico, but I've heard they're the cheapest.

Our car insurance just doubled, now $400/month for the 2 of us - sheesh, that's a 3rd car payment!

I don't know why I listened to people when they said it's a good thing to get a speeding ticket marked down to 5 mph or less over the speed limit - yeah, I don't get any points on my driving record but the insurance companies still punish you big time - our new statement says we have 310% surcharge :sigh:

BluRmGrl said:
I'm an agent for Nationwide - your question's kind of vague, though Dano. (Don't worry - I won't break out into full "Insurance Agent" mode on you!) :wink: I just mean, there are a LOT of variable in auto insurance. Are you looking for "cheap" or "worth the money" insurance?

Hey I am an agent for Nationwide too! Don't you just HATE it when their CPP estimated billing messes up? :censored:

I have USAA - if you can get in the club [member or family member has to be in the military] then it's the best around - but if you have good credit AIG rates rock despite your driving record [unless it's real crap]. If you have so so credit and some or no driving history then your best bet is Progressive. I have heard that GEICO rates are good but often times the quote is good they hook you in and then increase the rate.

You need to go to an independent agent and give them a chance to shop it around for you - saves you the work and we know the tricks. :wink:

I pay around $1400 USD/year for my 2005 X-Trail - no accidents on my record. Insurance in Toronto is incredibly expensive.

YellowKite said:

Hey I am an agent for Nationwide too! Don't you just HATE it when their CPP estimated billing messes up? :censored:

:madspit: Absolutely! I don't know about your agency, but in mine a great deal of the CPP screw ups are caused by clients who refuse to pay their installments as scheduled! I mean, they ask us to set up monthly billing, we explain the due date will be the same each month & then they get angry when they're billed for the policy balance - although it's a week & a half past the day the pymt was due! :down:

I won't even get started here on that -- I could go on for days about it!! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom