Car advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Man

War Child
Hi guys. If anybody can help me with this I'd be very grateful. What courses bubbles to form in plastic wood trim on car dash boards? This could save me ?5500.

Cheers.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

"You really shouldn't be doing that and you know it."

it's probably starting to rust under there in which case you'll want to fix it if you want the car for more than 3 or so years. it will keep corroding until your door is a big pile o'rust....not that i know what that is or anything.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Bubbles in the fake plastic wood trim on your dashboard???

I would wonder if it is exposed to the sun (via front windshield exposure, side or overhead as in convertible, sunroof, ttops etc)

Pay close attention to where the bubbles occur, this may give you a clue if it is an outside element.

Age of the car is important too.

Or there could have been a dashboard cleaning agent (like Armor All) applied that eats away at the finish of plastic.

I would say overexposure to the sun (intense sun) is your best bet.

Good luck, let us know what your situation is!

Purpose for edit: Lilly being an idiot.

I didn't read too carefully there, thought the bubbles were on the OUTSIDE of your car. Ok, new advice:

Agree with z, first off.

Second off, it could be that your heater is malfunctioning. Your fan might not be cooling the engine as it should be and therefore the heat stays pent up in your car, thus bubbling your dash board. I dunno, this happened to me, and it was pretty cheap to fix.

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 04-13-2002).]

Thanks very much Lily and zedge, very helpful. The bubbles are on a car I'm thinking of buying so I don't think I'll bother now. Toooo risky.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

"You really shouldn't be doing that and you know it."

Back
Top Bottom