Cape Catastrophe, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, I have four days to write 3,000 words on a topic I have basically blown off and know next-to-nothing about. Woops. I'm going to plead for an extension I don't deserve.

:up: Have fun. :wave:

Well, it's not just the n00bs, though. Poor Liam, a near-original, fucked things up when he last made one and I'm not sure if he'll make another in a hurry! His mistaken thread creation spawned the Legend Of The 228 Lost Posts.

I was soooo a master of bullshit extensions. Also writing 3000 words on topics I'd blown off - what's this one?

Poor Liam...what's the 228 lost posts?

palin either:

a) realizes how out of her depth she is for the campaign and more importantly the job, but does not care because she's so ambitious and selfish

or

b) is so oblivious so as to not even notice how over her head she is and how unqualified she is, i.e. she actually thinks she can do this.

Frankly, I suspect a bit of both. Totally oblivious due to selfish ambition. Fundamentally, I don't think she gives a damn. Your average person would have already been shamed into running back to Alaska and never talking to anybody from the media ever again.

Yet more proof she is supremely ignorant, in my eyes.

I was soooo a master of bullshit extensions. Also writing 3000 words on topics I'd blown off - what's this one?

Poor Liam...what's the 228 lost posts?

Topic:

‘The three major international environmental summits – the 1972 Conference on the Human Environment at Stockholm, the 1992 UN Conference on Environment and Development at Rio de Janeiro and the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development at Johannesburg 2002 – have all been abject failures’. Critically evaluate.

I'm going to use it as a springboard into a rant about how current diplomacy and international relations are completely incapable of dealing with crucial environmental issues.

As for Liam's thread, basically, he initially made "Condom, Gers, France". No Superthread in the title. He didn't realise he could edit the title, so he made a new thread, "Condom, Gers, France Superthread". The former got 28 posts and the latter got 200 before a mod came to merge the former into the latter. Then it all went haywire on the database and somehow all 228 posts disappeared.

:wave: My favourite thread name yet.

Hi, John. Sorry, I mean stranger :wink:

My young mind hasn't been corrupted by Wild yet, I'm afraid :wink:

Hi Justin :wave:

hey Justin :wave:

Emma I have your sig "Revolution etc." on a badge on my bag :wink:

:shocked: Really? Haha I thought I was only the only person on earth who hadn't taken to berating Germaine Greer :up: Or did you not know it was a Germaine Greer quote? :wink:

:shocked: Really? Haha I thought I was only the only person on earth who hadn't taken to berating Germaine Greer :up: Or did you not know it was a Germaine Greer quote? :wink:

Honestly everything else I know about her is she is a feminist who said the thing about the animal world getting revenge on Irwin :wink:

:hmm: I'm thinking of remaking mine, because it's better for music and pictures and stuff. I don't know!

I used to get that all the time, I get it on facebook too but not so much because I don't have as many friends on there :down:

I hate the new facebook though, and I hate how you can't have pictures/music on your profile. Everyone on facebook looks the same :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom