Cape Catastrophe, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to retire the Axver-killing sig. For I have found something better.

I haven't seen a single Obama poster anywhere in town, and I've been driving around an awful lot lately.

BTW, those election posters crack me the fuck up. A nondescript blue sign with a candidate's name on it, no proof that they should be voted for, no slogan, no indication of what they're running for, counts as promotion.

Oh, and:

Even right-wing people here support Obama.

Yes. My father, a through-and-through Nationals voter (slightly less right than the Howard-era Liberals, perhaps level with Turnbull), thinks Bush is just the biggest joke and hopes Obama wins. I don't know where you are meant to find Bush fans in Australia. Hell, probably even the Hill$ong folk have gone off him by now.

Palin '08: Restoring America's confidence in George Bush.

:lmao:

I've noticed that here, Palin is replacing Bush in US politics jokes very quickly.

I haven't seen a single Obama poster anywhere in town, and I've been driving around an awful lot lately.

BTW, those election posters crack me the fuck up. A nondescript blue sign with a candidate's name on it, no proof that they should be voted for, no slogan, no indication of what they're running for, counts as promotion.
but VA is looking good, and in post-debate polls, so are PA, OH, and even FL!!!!

I ams oooooo excited for the VP debate. I think I'm gonna watch it live.

Vazza! :wave:

You'll enjoy the opening post I made to the last thread, which was Chicken, Alaska, AKA the "Sarah Palin is an idiot" Superthread.

The worst I've seen in Australia are "Vote 1 So-and-so". Those confused the fuck out of me when I first moved here, as I had no idea of the preferential voting system and that you rank all the candidates from first to last preference.

but VA is looking good, and in post-debate polls, so are PA, OH, and even FL!!!!

Whew. My city is completely backwards. The black people moved in last week.

hey btw ax...you know what would be a huge pain and hugely awesome? to make the list of threads link back to each of them. then i wouldn't have to go dig up chicken alaska.

Fucking awesome. I also keep noticing people - mainly Republicans and hyper-paranoid Democrats - wanking on about the national popular polling. FFS, people, it doesn't really matter. Focus on likely electoral college votes or just go home.

I'm totally watching the VP debate for all the unintentional lulz. I hope Putin rears his head.

alirght, I g2g. my bro has a dr appt. Yay. :|

Later :wave:

there's another DI going on? LM, did you make your fake list? where can I dl that? I don't think I have time for the rest of it.

hey btw ax...you know what would be a huge pain and hugely awesome? to make the list of threads link back to each of them. then i wouldn't have to go dig up chicken alaska.

We've discussed it. The main problem is keeping the links for the next thread, as you would have to go into the quote screen to get the text. That's well and good for Superthread whores who know exactly how the deal works, but somebody won't think to do that or will simply forget. It seems some people find getting the new thread right intimidating enough already.

My personal perspective is that it would be cool, but probably more effort than it's worth. I mean, how often do we need to go back to check the old threads? Clicking the Superthread tag takes you to all the old threads anyway.

there's another DI going on? LM, did you make your fake list? where can I dl that? I don't think I have time for the rest of it.

Don't panic, the Fake List isn't until DI6. I only have, like, 1.5 of the 4 songs done.

Weren't you supposed to be asleep now Ax? :eyebrow:

I was going to go to bed 2-3 hours ago.

I blame an Internet addiction wholly beyond my control. Or just a lack of self-control. Or a fear of tomorrow (got uni shit to do that I don't want to touch).

so, on the topic of palin maybe having a brain, i was talking to this woman today and kind of wondering hwich of the following two is true (which is worse is also a good question).

given that:
palin so clearly is out of her element in interviews and conversations about anything that has to do with anything the president might have to know about, more than even bush,

and given that:
normal semi-intelligent people do recognize when they are struggling with something and others are clearly better (e.g. whenever I drive i realize i am hopeless at directions and it makes me feel really really dumb).

palin either:

a) realizes how out of her depth she is for the campaign and more importantly the job, but does not care because she's so ambitious and selfish

or

b) is so oblivious so as to not even notice how over her head she is and how unqualified she is, i.e. she actually thinks she can do this.

I was going to go to bed 2-3 hours ago.

I blame an Internet addiction wholly beyond my control. Or just a lack of self-control. Or a fear of tomorrow (got uni shit to do that I don't want to touch).

Aw :hug: You always gotta do some stuff you don't want to, just can't avoidit.

Just do it asap so you're done with it!

I'm going to karate, with the car :hyper:

We've discussed it. The main problem is keeping the links for the next thread, as you would have to go into the quote screen to get the text. That's well and good for Superthread whores who know exactly how the deal works, but somebody won't think to do that or will simply forget. It seems some people find getting the new thread right intimidating enough already.

My personal perspective is that it would be cool, but probably more effort than it's worth. I mean, how often do we need to go back to check the old threads? Clicking the Superthread tag takes you to all the old threads anyway.
well, maybe if they are overwhelmed by starting a superthread they shouldn't.....

/elitist originalism

an Internet addiction wholly beyond my control. Or just a lack of self-control. Or a fear of tomorrow (got uni shit to do that I don't want to touch).

OK I was soooooo with you on those 3 all the time in uni, and am still with you on the first two. Compound it with a TV addiction (downloaded and watched on the laptop, often while simultaneously surfing, of course).

Aw :hug: You always gotta do some stuff you don't want to, just can't avoidit.

Just do it asap so you're done with it!

I'm going to karate, with the car :hyper:

The problem is, I have four days to write 3,000 words on a topic I have basically blown off and know next-to-nothing about. Woops. I'm going to plead for an extension I don't deserve.

:up: Have fun. :wave:

well, maybe if they are overwhelmed by starting a superthread they shouldn't.....

/elitist originalism

Well, it's not just the n00bs, though. Poor Liam, a near-original, fucked things up when he last made one and I'm not sure if he'll make another in a hurry! His mistaken thread creation spawned the Legend Of The 228 Lost Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom