Cape Catastrophe, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part is that I'll have to vote against one of you at least twice, since I'll obviously vote for my own list when we face off.
Wouldn't the sportsman-like thing to do be to vote for the other candidate?

Wow, I recommended something to you that you genuinely enjoy?! This is indeed a good day.

I see Your Protector was your favorite. My favorite is Blue Ridge Mountains, but the album's unique atmosphere makes the whole record feel like a single song in parts.

I'm yet to get around to playing the other albums you suggested - I hope I enjoy them too. Your Protector is very much the kind of song I enjoy, the kind of material I need more of.

And in the last thread, I noted how peculiar it is that I like another indie rock band. Pinback. But the Offcell EP really is a very good release.

Yes, me.

The worst part is that I'll have to vote against one of you at least twice, since I'll obviously vote for my own list when we face off.

Aww :cute:

What I'm really curious about is where Phanan's vote goes when we face off. He said my list was "probably the best I've ever made" and "a beast" while yours is "one of the best in the tournament" and "absolutely gorgeous". Maybe he'll also take a wait-and-see approach.

Wouldn't the sportsman-like thing to do be to vote for the other candidate?

It's become pretty established in DI that it's perfectly alright to vote for yourself - and indeed expected, since in 99% of cases, you're going to prefer your own list as it's all songs you like. I can only think of one instance of somebody genuinely preferring somebody else's list and voting against themselves.

Also, hey! :wave:

Aww :cute:

What I'm really curious about is where Phanan's vote goes when we face off. He said my list was "probably the best I've ever made" and "a beast" while yours is "one of the best in the tournament" and "absolutely gorgeous". Maybe he'll also take a wait-and-see approach.

Ooh, yes, should be interesting to see where he goes. I missed his running diary of my list, I think. Damn.

I need to check out his list. He always does quality work.

That's one heavy bastard of a pizza. But looks delicious.

It's become pretty established in DI that it's perfectly alright to vote for yourself - and indeed expected, since in 99% of cases, you're going to prefer your own list as it's all songs you like. I can only think of one instance of somebody genuinely preferring somebody else's list and voting against themselves.

LMP said he would vote for mine when we faced off in DI4, but I can't remember if he did offhand. Maybe he didn't vote at all.

Also, hey! :wave:
I enjoyed both Pfan's and Travis' better than my own. So two instances. :reject:

The next one will be better.

I'm yet to get around to playing the other albums you suggested - I hope I enjoy them too. Your Protector is very much the kind of song I enjoy, the kind of material I need more of.

And in the last thread, I noted how peculiar it is that I like another indie rock band. Pinback. But the Offcell EP really is a very good release.

Yes, me.

Well, only 2 of the 4 albums remaining. You liked the other two, so this is an awesome start.

Pinback...hmm...never heard of them. I must google this.

Reggo, I was surprised you didn't use a lot of your obscure punk stuff. I mean, sure, it probably won't win you the tournament, but it'll surely go down better with the B&C crowd than my metal.

Reggo, I was surprised you didn't use a lot of your obscure punk stuff. I mean, sure, it probably won't win you the tournament, but it'll surely go down better with the B&C crowd than my metal.
it's all on one compilation. I didn't want to pull a Screwtape.

Well, only 2 of the 4 albums remaining. You liked the other two, so this is an awesome start.

Pinback...hmm...never heard of them. I must google this.

I may just give the other two a spin tomorrow. I've downloaded them both already.

I have two Pinback releases, the aforementioned Offcell EP and the album Blue Screen Life. I've used a couple of Blue Screen Life tracks in DI lists before, Prog and ... maybe only Prog. Not sure if I've used Penelope or not. I'd swear that I have heard Penelope long before I ever knew of them, like it made Aussie radio or something. Apparently their first album is meant to be the best, so I'll have to download that.

Current scores:

Axver 2-1 over Lance
LM 4-1 over Bonnie

I honestly couldn't vote in the Axver/Lance match. Lance's songs were so good, but his flow was so very bad. So, for now, Axver holds the lead. I expect him to win by a hair and rather hope he does.

This is an actual business in Salt Lake City.

progmetal.jpg

Business Profile for Forbush Progressive Metals:
Services: Welding & Weldors, Contractors, Steel Fabrication & Fabricators & ERECTION & ERECTORS, Pipe Bending & Fabricating.

That's for you Ax. Lol it up.

Fortunately for you Ax, your list gets an easy vote from me in the current match.

Haha, I am not surprised.

I eagerly await the "hurrrr too many instruMENTALs Ax what a snoooozefest zzzzzzzz" comments.

This is an actual business in Salt Lake City.

progmetal.jpg

Business Profile for Forbush Progressive Metals:
Services: Welding & Weldors, Contractors, Steel Fabrication & Fabricators & ERECTION & ERECTORS, Pipe Bending & Fabricating.

That's for you Ax. Lol it up.

:lmao:

Progressive Metal? Erection and erectors? I'm getting a job there and blasting Images And Words all day!

I thought you'd like that.

ETA: I just noticed thr "Forbush" For bush. Haha, it says "bush" and it's for it. Hahahaha.

/third grader moment.

I am kind of worried that it is easily read as "For Bush" ...

The election is so open and shut. I can't believe anyone is seeing it as a lesser of two evils thing. I also can't believe that some certain people believe that McCain and Palin are the lesser of those supposed evils.

Even right-wing people here support Obama.

Obviously, I don't expect to change any minds with this, here.

Palin '08: Restoring America's confidence in George Bush.

But Bonnie, Putin might rear his head over US airspace, and where will he go first? Alaska! VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN! :happy:

No, of course I entirely agree with you, in case anybody has missed that I am the most leftist person on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom