Cape Catastrophe, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel, I just realised something. Sure, it's the eighties in South Australia, but not the eighties we're thinking of. It's the 1880s!

Radiohead are in some ways better than U2 though; The Bends through Kid A; was a brilliant album followed by two masterpieces. The closest U2 have to that is War through Joshua Tree, a brilliant album followed by a masterpiece and then another brilliant album

But still in general U2 are much better right?

Daniel, I just realised something. Sure, it's the eighties in South Australia, but not the eighties we're thinking of. It's the 1880s!

:lol: I thought that was Western Australia. Its why the West Coast Eagles are always late to AFL games, because they come on a team Horse and Cart.

But still in general U2 are much better right?

I think U2 are the only band who've been around for so long who've never made sub par album. I know it's not popular around here but U2 to me are the most consistent band I know

Every other band seems to always have some dud but U2 haven't in my opinion

SA'ans are awesome, you're just jealous that we have the best wine and beer. :drool:

Either way heres how I probably rate Radioheads Albums

1.The Bends
2.OK Computer
3.In Rainbows
4.Kid A
5.Pablo Honey
6.Hail The The Thief
7.Amnesiac

IMO, In Rainbows was a big improvement on the two albums previous to it.

I think U2 are the only band who've been around for so long who've never made sub par album. I know it's not popular around here but U2 to me are the most consistent band I know

Every other band seems to always have some dud but U2 haven't in my opinion

True. :up:

In general HTDAAB would be a very good album, but with U2s ability, it is average/ordinary.

I think U2 are a cut above Coldplay, Radiohead, The Killers.
And I hope it stays that way for forever. :wink:

True. :up:

In general HTDAAB would be a very good album, but with U2s ability, it is average/ordinary.

I think U2 are a cut above Coldplay, Radiohead, The Killers.
And I hope it stays that way for forever. :wink:

HTDAAB sans Vertigo, All Because of You, and Sometimes
+ Single version of original, Yahweh alternate mix, Fast Cars, Smile and maybe Mercy

Would be a pretty brilliant album

Coldplay: They have potential especially with their latest album but X&Y sucked
Radiohead: Can be really amazing but sometimes don't live up to it
The Killers: Two albums in and have already released a song (Bones) worse than anything on any U2 studio album

South Australia wishes its shiraz were as good as Victoria's.

The rateyourmusic entry for No Line On the Horizon annoys me

The reviews are utter crap; people give it 0.5 just because they have a grudge against u2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom