Can't believe it's the same guys that made Dookie!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like my punks goofy and immature. Is that so wrong? Give me a good ol' song about masturbation, anytime. :wink:

I need to listen to this cd more. I think I listened once or twice right though when it first came out, but that's it. Love AI, Holiday and September, Boulevard is kind of meh to me - panders to disenfranchised youth too much, for my liking.

This will be my next commute CD.

Thought I ran into you down on the street
Then it turned out to only be a dream
I made a point to burn all of the photographs
She went away and then I took a different path
I remember the face
But I can't recall the name
Now I wonder how whatsername has been
:heart:

Zootlesque said:

With AI, I see a band not only pushing their creative envelope and expanding their musical horizons but mastering them as well.

With HTDAAB, I see a band excelling in what they do best but also what they know will work and will give them more success for sure. There is no risk, no chances taken, just a formula for the most part.

Hence I prefer the former.

we are all allowed to have our own opinions here zoot. and as a matter of fact, i generally don't mind yours. so i feel as though we can agree to disagree. i'll just say that while i agree with your assessment of htdaab for the most part, i feel that american idiot is as equally contrived - just in a different manner. "let's put on eye liner, get all political, and be real punks again! yeah! oh, don't forget to sign that deal for the verizon commercial."

Se7en said:

we are all allowed to have our own opinions here zoot. and as a matter of fact, i generally don't mind yours. so i feel as though we can agree to disagree. i'll just say that while i agree with your assessment of htdaab for the most part, i feel that american idiot is as equally contrived - just in a different manner. "let's put on eye liner, get all political, and be real punks again! yeah! oh, don't forget to sign that deal for the verizon commercial."

:hmm: I never thought about it that way! Hell... AI sounds awesome and I guess that's all that concerns me. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom