canada's live 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
has to feature the worst group of washed up musicians of all the different concerts taking place right now.

atrocious.

simple plan, deep purple, 7et, the list goes on.

where are all the exciting up and coming bands such as arcade fire, broken social scene, stars, even 7ust feist?!

canada is at the top of the heap when it comes to amazing bands who are poised to make a big splash, but you'd never know it after today.

very, very disappointing.

london on the other hand, what a bill...wow.

this is the event of the year
london feed
aol from boston us
i'm watching it now
i really like that it's live ( you can hear soundchecks and stuff )
a break now , killers & snow patrol were not bad at all
waiting for floyd ...

:drool:

who played?

rush?
alanis?
brian adams?

they did.

but seriously zoomer, i can't believe you don't like motely crue, man. theyre totally rad, man. and, man, also like one the first bands to use umlauts, so that's pretty cool, man.

Blue Rodeo are awesome

They were doing the alt-country thing in the 80's when Wilco were in their diapers

Neil Young is such a class act. Love him.

Most of the rest, I could do without.

The Canadian Live 8 sucks. Terribly. I stopped watching the CH long ago. I saw 30 seconds of Simple Plan and turned it off in disgust. While channel surfing, I later caugh a bit of the Hip, who weren't too bad...but still, not too bad isn't much better than very bad. I know it's for a good cause but I decided to wrestle with live feeds instead. I don't even think I'll bother with Neil Young, because I don't particularly like him either. Dan Ackroyd annoys me too.

I wish I lived in London. :mad:

neil young was seriously awesome. the rest was very.. canadian. certainly not a spectacle, more of a backyard barbequeue

Zoomerang96 said:
canada is at the top of the heap when it comes to amazing bands who are poised to make a big splash, but you'd never know it after today.

Agreed.

Then again, it could've been a lot worse. Mediocre is what showed up, and in some strange circumstance of fate... the extremely good artists and horrendously poor bands cancelled each other out.

Picture the many "big" and "famous" crap bands of Canadian persuasion that were omitted. If they had overrun the bill, by default I would have asked for my nickel back. I know, it was a FREE concert.

:sexywink:

JUSTICE!

The biggest surprise for me was hearing Zucherro play Beck.

Sure it was vastly inferior to the original but it was still quite a left-field cover choice.

Edit: Haha, I just realised Beck's version was a cover as well.

Last edited:
Canada's was better than Philly's at least. Now that show was a disaster.

I was offered a ticket to go to the Canadian show but I gladly said no thanks seeing as 95% of it would be and was total shit. And seeing clips of the Philadelphia show was like watching BET...also major crap :madspit: London was the place to be that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom