Canada Road, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, I definitely hear all that stuff reviewers said about likening Magnificent to The Killers of late.

I am so into Magnificent. I didn't expect to be into a 2000s U2 song so much.

I'm almost done with Magnificent.

I'm feeling another Day & Age....so much hype, yet so much disappointment, at least on the first listen. I've come to enjoy Day & Age now.....but yeah....

I'm feeling another Day & Age....so much hype, yet so much disappointment, at least on the first listen. I've come to enjoy Day & Age now.....but yeah....

nloth II beats nloth I for me because it reminds me of some of the good parts of the 90s (lwtsh, holy joe).

One listen, man. It's just one listen.

I'm not as thrilled over this as I was over HTDAAB, but it has far more potential to grow on future listens.

Now for Moment Of Surrender ... I'm not sure how my opinions on songs will change once I notice the lyrics more and they sink in, but MOS's music is nothing at all that I expected from 2000s U2. It was a good journey the first time around. Hard to believe it's essentially a single take.

I'm not as thrilled over this as I was over HTDAAB, but it has far more potential to grow on future listens.

God, this pisses on HTDAAB so much. But you know how I feel about HTDAAB.

In fact, I'll say right now that this album pisses on all four of RAH, Achtung, ATYCLB, and HTDAAB. I'm already pleased. This has made it into the middle section of my U2 rankings (War/Zooropa/Pop). If multiple listens take it up to the level of October, this will have exceeded my expectations massively.

Stand Up Comedy is giving me chills. It's so lopsided, but it keeps evolving, changing as you listen. Great riffs, great lyrics, great melodies. This kicks ass.

God, this pisses on HTDAAB so much. But you know how I feel about HTDAAB.

In fact, I'll say right now that this album pisses on all four of RAH, Achtung, ATYCLB, and HTDAAB. I'm already pleased. This has made it into the middle section of my U2 rankings (War/Zooropa/Pop). If multiple listens take it up to the level of October, this will have exceeded my expectations massively.
when can we expect a phone post from you regarding your thoughts, though? :D

Um, guys.

Apparently the album leaked on 8 February and NOBODY NOTICED.

From atu2:

Little did anyone know that NLOTH was also available on the Napster Mobile online store. An @U2 reader found it and bought the album on February 8th; it was available all last week, and finally removed yesterday (Feb. 16).

Um, guys.

From atu2:

Little did anyone know that NLOTH was also available on the Napster Mobile online store. An @U2 reader found it and bought the album on February 8th; it was available all last week, and finally removed yesterday (Feb. 16).

that's possibly the best thing i've ever read.

that's worthy of its own thread....tomorrow.

Um, guys.

From atu2:

haha, pwned. i'm surprised ashley didn't notice. (it's napster she subscribes to, right?)

Fucking love the UFy/Passengersy atmospheric vibe all through MOS.

Gorgeous, gorgeous song.

Um, guys.

From atu2:

I'm going to be so pissed about this tomorrow.

Right now, I couldn't give a fuck. Fez - Being Born is on.

haha, pwned. i'm surprised ashley didn't notice. (it's napster she subscribes to, right?)

i was thinking that, lol

The solo on Unknown Caller is absolutely unbelievable. One of the best moments of the album as of track 7.

:can't wait:

Fucking love the UFy/Passengersy atmospheric vibe all through MOS.

Gorgeous, gorgeous song.

i was thinking that. it's much more u2ey as well, but highly enjoyable (despite that am i rite haah)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom