Canada Road, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, the second half of Fez is probably the best thing U2's done in a decade.

I'm going to call Magnificent as U2's new live anthem right now. God I hope they get it right on stage.

I sincerely wonder if we'll be getting songs like MOS or Fez live, though.

I'm going to call Magnificent as U2's new live anthem right now. God I hope they get it right on stage.

Why not Fez? I see it being the first song after a break, with the intro part leading up to them playing.

why, though? same lyrics, it doesn't make sense to me. especially with one as the closer, when we have Cedars, which is up there as a closer with WUDM and the Wanderer (dunno about LIB yet...)

Yeah. Cedars is an exceptional closer. Forget Grace and Yahweh. I don't know if I'd place Cedars up on the level of my favourite closers (MOTD, AIWIY, LIB), but it's definitely well suited to the position. I'm thinking White As Snow --> Cedars would sound great paired together too.

step 1: swallow pride, use more backing tracks
step 2: rock the fuck out
step 3: rinse and repeat.

alternatively, cut a hole in the box.

Why not Fez? I see it being the first song after a break, with the intro part leading up to them playing.

Yeah, if they don't play the intro live, perhaps, but they could take the stage to far more engaging things. It feels like a mid-setlist kind of thing to me. I don't know, it seems they're having enough trouble working out just Boots live (spent over an hour soundchecking it today for the upcoming Brit Awards appearance), so I wonder how they'll go on the more challenging material here.

Incidentally, after 2-3 listens, I'd rank the songs:

1. Magnificent
2. White As Snow
3. Fez-Being Born
4. Cedars Of Lebanon
5. Unknown Caller
6. Moment Of Surrender
7. No Line On The Horizon
8. Breathe
9. Crazy Tonight
10. Stand Up Comedy
11. Get On Your Boots

I feel more confident about the order of 1-3 and 9-11 than 4-8. I'd also put a fair bit of space between 9 and 10. I'm liking all the songs here at this stage, though. I wonder how this will develop over time. Looking back on this post in a year could be amusing.

I cannot fathom why Boots was the lead single instead of Magnificent.

After 1.5 listens, I'd rank it like this:

01. Fez
02. Magnificent
03. No Line On The Horizon
04. Breathe
05. Unknown Caller
06. Crazy Tonight
07. Get On Your Boots
08. Stand Up Comedy
09. Cedars Of Lebanon
10. White As Snow
11. Moment Of Surrender