Canada Road, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Cedars feels fairly sparse (though not as much as WAS), but actually has some interesting stuff going on. I love it musically.

OK, time for listens #2 and #3 before bed.

I have this album on my PC, MP3 player, and CD, BTW.

i sense more passengers, tbh.

I'm thinking Never Let Me Go, Stateless. Maybe Your Blue Room. Though obviously it's thematically in a totally different place.

Album's done now. I think I need to play Magnificent again. Though Gloria comes next in iTunes and I can't resist it. :drool:

This is the sound of four 50 year old guys making music?

Shit, them Kings of Leon, Killers and Coldplay kids better watch out.

(and this is just off NLOTH - which I think NLOTH II is almost just as good as to be honest)

Final thoughts: good album. Better than ATYCLB and HTDAAB. Above average mixing--good by U2's standards. I'd still have began it with NLOTH II and ended it with NLOTH I, though.

i am digging MoS and i loved magnificent.

i am going all fangirl. plus i'm logging off so there won't be a running diary of it. but, i have waited so long, i'm just gonna uncritically enjoy this for a few

I think you guys really just need to let NLOTH I grow on you. It truly is miles better than II. It's so hypnotic and surreal. Brilliant.

I do like NLOTH I. I just also really like NLOTH II and feel both should be represented on the album, y'know? Since it's the album title and all?

I do like NLOTH I. I just also really like NLOTH II and feel both should be represented on the album, y'know? Since it's the album title and all?

why, though? same lyrics, it doesn't make sense to me. especially with one as the closer, when we have Cedars, which is up there as a closer with WUDM and the Wanderer (dunno about LIB yet...)

I think you guys really just need to let NLOTH I grow on you. It truly is miles better than II. It's so hypnotic and surreal. Brilliant.

You're going to kill me, but I think NLOTH II has the better vocal take and the better intro.

why, though? same lyrics, it doesn't make sense to me. especially with one as the closer, when we have Cedars, which is up there as a closer with WUDM and the Wanderer (dunno about LIB yet...)

Well, when I listened, I had the album on repeat, and it sounded REALLY good right after Cedars? :shrug: If they were both on the album they'd probably both be Top 4 tracks for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom