Canada, oh Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we should round up the dogs now

sulawesigirl4 said:
i will be in toronto for a multiplicity of hours at the airport on April 30th. I expect ALL of you interf canadians to be there to greet me.

:D;)

that is downtown canada so we can all meet there.

Oh Canada......
Shoot...I have NO idea where those potato chips went. I need to search my car. I bet they are gone.

Today - the flight from Regina-in-the-plains (I call it that for Angel) had a saskatchewan paper and the Globe - not sure which paper it came from, but this was the headline:

Saint John leagalizes spitting, cursing
'Now nobody can stop them,' councillor protests

I love the headlines from the Canadian newspapers! :lol:

Let's not start a war

that is downtown canada so we can all meet there.

Um, excuse me, I don't want to start a which is better, West vs. East discussion but I would like to dispute Toronto being downtown Canada, it isn't the only big city ya know! And just try to get me outta my sailboat in warm sunny Vancouver to visit you easterners in minus 20 degrees, I don't think so :sexywink:

:eyebrow: It was a joke Dub. Anyway... you should know better being from the West, that Toronto IS downtown Canada. :lol:

Look, it took the bloody Queen for our Prime Minister to visit BC, :shrug: what can you do?

:wave: we have the best pot here... :reject: not that I smoke...

Thanks Angel,
I know he was joking, I just thought our American friends might appreciate the heated debates that happen in Canada about which place is better, east or west, especially between Vancouver and Toronto, and even more so if you are talking hockey! Personally, I love our whole country :wave: (But BC does have the best bud) not that I smoke :sexywink:

I love my country....and I love that you all love my country. I will NEVER leave Canada....EVER!!

With that said.....I am from Alberta. So whomever said that I have a redneck accent can take that back......I think lol. Edmonton is a great city with a great hockey team and tons of great curlers.

What is with our obsesion with that lovely game? What are some of the other things Canada has that the U.S. doesn't? Kinda fun to know about (not aboot :) ) these things.

This is something I got in an email from a British friend who is in Slovakia right now, and wants to move to Toronto....I can't understand why this guy would have said that about us. :(

I've found myself defending Toronto but more so Canada alot recently. I have an American friend here who is in almost an IDENTICAL situation to me. Thing is they won't give him a permit to stay here cos he has a minor conviction. Yesterday the police told him he has to leave TODAY. I feel sorry for him and his girlfriend. He is a really nice guy but as I think is the case with most americans he has a problem with canada. He said it would be the last place he would EVER want to go. I found myself vigorously and very angrily defending canada and canadians and he admitted he shouldn't have such opinions without going there.

jokey mcjokerson

Dub said:
Thanks Angel,
I know he was joking, I just thought our American friends might appreciate the heated debates that happen in Canada about which place is better, east or west, especially between Vancouver and Toronto, and even more so if you are talking hockey! Personally, I love our whole country :wave: (But BC does have the best bud) not that I smoke :sexywink:

hi dub.

the whole country does rock. rock on canada!

it's actually a south park joke to be specific. which is why i figured our red, white and blue friends might pick up on it:)

dont tell anyone our secrets

Edgeman said:
What are some of the other things Canada has that the U.S. doesn't? Kinda fun to know about (not aboot :) ) these things.

we like to pretend we have universal health care and on the surface we can pass off as having being right.

sulawesigirl4 said:
i will be in toronto for a multiplicity of hours at the airport on April 30th. I expect ALL of you interf canadians to be there to greet me.

:D;)

You wont really be in Toronto if you dont leave the airport. Technically thats Malton, in Peel region. :p

Downtown's a good 20-30 min drive in ultra shitty traffic from there..:mad:

But welcome to the shit hole that is the airport district.

Can you tell I love that area of the city??

:lol: :lmao:

Well i just stumbled upon this thread and couldnt believe when i read that you ppl dont have smarties or ketchup chips!!!

Oh and if you ever come to Canada stop in Alberta, between Edmonton, calgary and the mountains you would love it.

Oh and the west does have the best weed (and i have tryed it)

My father and I went to Ireland in 1999...we flew out oOt of Toronto, Pearson Airport. When my mother came to pick us up, she asked for directions to the airport at the US/Canadian border. They gave her directions to City, not Pearson.....needless to say, we were wandering around Pearson for over an hour wondering where she was.

"I WILL NEVER DRIVE TO TORONTO AGAINNNN!" - my mother. :crack: :lmao:

I also enjoyed watching fine Canadian programming such as the Polka Dot Door and Mr. Dressup! And I like your radio stations so much better than ours (TO Mix 99.9, Edge 102, 105.1 The River).

:wave:

Newfoundland has the best shrooms

not that I do those

honest

LOL @ Polka Dot Door. I also remember "Dear Aunt Agnes" when I was younger...hehe. When I lived in Michigan, I used to get CBC, TVO, and Global across the border. I loved watching "South Park" on Global, considering I didn't have cable...lol.

Windsor makes Detroit look absolutely embarrassing, considering they're just separated by a river and Windsor is far more inhabitable of a city.

Someday, I want to take an extensive vacation in eastern Canada, because, as close as it has been most of my life, I've never really visited it!

Melon

melon said:
LOL @ Polka Dot Door. I also remember "Dear Aunt Agnes" when I was younger...hehe. When I lived in Michigan, I used to get CBC, TVO, and Global across the border. I loved watching "South Park" on Global, considering I didn't have cable...lol.

Windsor makes Detroit look absolutely embarrassing, considering they're just separated by a river and Windsor is far more inhabitable of a city.

Someday, I want to take an extensive vacation in eastern Canada, because, as close as it has been most of my life, I've never really visited it!

Melon

I used to watch South Park on Global too! LOL

Mrs. Edge said:
Did either of you ever watch Degrassi? Apparently that show is huge in Australia!

I vaguely remember watching Degrassi at one time. Another good thing about all of the Canadian stations is that I can watch the Simpsons about 6 times in one evening. LOL

Back
Top Bottom