Canada awarded the gold for pairs skating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On a side note, I'm happy the French judge willbe thrown out. Who's to say she won't do it again??
A Canadian judge exposed deal making among judges last year. She was expelled for exposing it. The corrupt judge in question was also expelled, but managed to regain accrediation from the ISU and is now judging again. *sigh*

The Olympics can be a lot of bunk. Any judged sport is. In fact, it's becoming harder and harder to see why nations compete at all. A Norwegian stated "In figure skating it's the judging. In bobsledding it's the doping. I'm clean. I have no chance at a medal."

It's really a pity that sport is so corrupt. What does that teach kids? Then again, why are we surprised? Look at how the States won the Olympic bid anyway...
I'm sorry. I just makes me angry to know that the Olympics has sunk this low. Nothing is fair.

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 02-16-2002).]

To misconduct the Judge is one , a very good thing , but the organisation didn't went far , all they did was a fat kiss in the ass of Am.Can.federation , they stopped , when they gave gold to canadians , under pressure of public opinion who imagine they know everything about figure skating and Olympics . Yes maybe judge was mistaken , but it was up to her , and all marks of the tournament were 55%/45% rus to can , so why canada should have gold cause of the fuckin sympathy vote ?!?!!!! This decision ruined olympic organisation completely , instead of fair play , thank god candians , now we got what is called pathetic trial , where all roles are in power of businessmans . Mistakes are happened very ofthen on all kind of sport events .
Tiny pathetic , decision where there is no sports but politics and utopic hysteria .

Another common situation :Useless women's hockey where two teams are playing , others watching not caring about this game . no good intrigue , no interesting plot . On the other hand a sport which is popular in Norway,Finland,Sweden,Russia a hockey with ball on ice is banned from olympics , cause it's a sweetest thing fuckin " fair " decision .

well, it's obvious Ivan has no clue about what he's talking about and doesn't take the time to actually learn something about the subject of which he spews. No point in taking him seriously.

Sweetest_Thing, you pretty much summed it up and said it well. It should be interesting to see how the ice dancing goes down this weekend, eh?

Originally posted by Saracene:
Imagine what hell -they- would raise if it was the Russian pair who gave a flawless performance and got the silver.

Of course, we know that would NEVER happen with the backdoor politics that run through this sport.
wink.gif

------------------
"Only the dead shall see the end of war." ~ Plato

SlipStream Soul

Ivan, the entire Olympic Association is corrupt. It's high time they got the publicity they deserved to take care of it.
P.S. 98% of your somments don't make sense. Case in point:

"On the other hand a sport which is popular in Norway,Finland,Sweden,Russia a hockey with ball on ice is banned from olympics , cause it's a sweetest thing fuckin " fair " decision ."

What?

Sula, thanks for understanding
smile.gif
Let's see how the free dance goes, although I'm so tempted to say, throw it out of the Olympics entirely.

Originally posted by Saracene:
I've read a fascinating article once about the original Olympics, where it said that there was as much doping and judge corruption as there is in this and previous centuries.

They had doping in earlier centuries? *facisnated* Really? Where did you hear this?

Goes to show...they knew, I suppose, and never really bothered to clean it up. Long live dishonesty.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
this is not going to die anytime soon-now the judge is retracting her statement and saying she wasn't under pressure, she just thought the russian's won.

Yeah, I read that. She may have a hard time proving that though since there are signed affidavits by other judges confirming what she said at their meeting. Kinda hard to retract what you shouted in front of 9 other people....

since they suspended the French judge, shouldn't all the scores she handed out have been eliminated?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom