Calling all Monty Python/Michael Palin appreciators...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Okay you Python fans - WAKE UP!. :yikes:

This is a couple of weeks old, but I didn't hear about it until today.

"People have told me I could be the next Michael Palin - only more glamorous." Rebecca Loos

At first I thought she was kidding. 'Hey', I thought, 'at least she has a sense of humour, despite being dimmer than a 10watt lightbulb'. But no - she's serious. I am scared by this fact.

Here: www.digitalspy.co.uk

Rebecca Loos claims to have what it takes to host her own travel show.

David Beckham's former PA told the Daily Express at The Wedding Crashers premiere: "I I'd like to do some documentaries exploring some of the more obscure and remote corners of the world.

"People have told me I could be the next Michael Palin - only more glamorous," she continued.

"After all, one of the things people don't realise about me is that I can speak four languages fluently."

So what? She's Dutch. Living in the Netherlands during my degree, and in Belgium after that, I learned a lot about multilingualism in the Low Countries. The chances of having to use various languages for travel, study or business are high. English is everywhere, Germany is only 25 miles from where she grew up and Paris 5 hours by car or train.

So being multilingual demonstrates that she may have more than one braincell. Congratulations. That doesn't mean that she's suddenly a travel expert, or even remotely interesting! In fact, it just makes it worse that she didn't use her few braincells to find fame on her own merit.
Hmm... Rebecca Loos' achievements (I don't count appearing in 3 reality tv shows in just over one year an achievement) so far include 2 documentaries: 'Rebecca Loos: My Story', and 'Loos: Extreme Makeover'.

Am I alone in thinking that our Mike had just a tad more experience, not to mention credibility, when he started his travel shows?

Unlike the majority of the British population, I wouldn't insult a whore by calling this talentless little arsewipe a whore. Loos, I mean, not Palin!

To anyone who is fortunate enough not to have heard of Rebecca Loos: she was David Beckhams PA and "allegedly" had an affair with him... the majority of which was done via text message. She sold this fascinating :yawn: story of hers to the UK gutter press, and has been "famous" ever since. Her next career move was arguably a set upwards: she masturbated a pig on a reality TV show (although, as far as I am aware, she wasn't the pig's PA).:ohmy: :no: :eek: :yikes:

If she had an ounce of the talent that Michael has, she could make her own name for herself without the pretence that she inflicts on the media.

As for sending her somewhere remote? Please do it now!

Even if it wasn't intended as a serious comment on her part, it's still laughable to me. I think my signature says it all:

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:
Loos - :no: :scream: :barf:

Palin - :love: :cool: :rockon:

That pretty much says it all

Why is she still in the public eye ? She should be long gone by now.

fah said:
Michael Palin has class

~refrains from saying anything else~

:lmao: Thanks for that!

I probably said it all and then some - I don't understand the concept of editing, so when I get cross, I tend to write manuscripts!

Good to see a few agree on the Loos/Palin front, anyway!

yimou said:

That pretty much says it all

Why is she still in the public eye ? She should be long gone by now.

Maybe it's a reflection of the 'let's stop and stare at motorway crashes' mentality? Dunno... I can't see any other reason...

Palin's travel shows are awesome! Because he's incredibly funny, witty, and most importantly self-deprecating.

I can't comment on this other woman cuz I don't have a clue who she is...but selling one's love story to tabloids doesn't sound too self-deprecating to me.

Palin all the way!!!

sulawesigirl4 said:

I can't comment on this other woman...

'other woman'?! :laugh: The last I heard, Palin was still male... despite distinct memories of him singing "I wish I was a girlie, just like my dear Papa." :wink:

Regardless of his(her?) gender, my money's on his ccareer lasting slightly longer than that of Ms Loos. Largely because she is not a lumberjack and is not okay. :lmao:

I'm just being very silly now,. but I think that's necessary in any Python-related thread!

Last edited:
Rebecca Loos annoys me almost as much as Tara Palmer Tompkinson. :|

sulawesigirl4 said:
Palin's travel shows are awesome! Because he's incredibly funny, witty, and most importantly self-deprecating.

His Sahara programme tonight was about Mali. :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom