calling all drivers!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
??..how many times before u passed UR driving test???? NO CHEATING BOYS!!!!
tongue.gif
And if u failed one or twice or thrice, any reason why?

With me I passed on my 2nd time, the first time I was soooooooo feckin nervous I hit a wing mirror of a parked car, but tankfully it was faced the other direction!!!!!!!!!! I failed mainly cause I turned out onto a main road with two lanes and turned onto the 2nd lane inside the first, and when he told me to turn left again he said, ?see whats wrong there, a van overtook u on the LEFT instead it should have been the RIGHT???so *shrugs*??.that?s why???.and I started bawling my eyes out??.
frown.gif

But thankfully before my physical test I passed my Theory 1st time?..
biggrin.gif

When I passed on my 2nd I was soooooooooooooooooo pleased with meself, it was the very first time I achieved anything positive and worthwhile!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Passed first time through. Don't ask me to do a parallel parking manoeuvre these days, though. Couldn't do that if I was drunk and standing on my head, let alone sober.

In other motoring news, I ran out of petrol on a busy town road today. Ended up with my tail poking out into angry traffic.

Took me 3 goes to get my learner's permit.
Funny what amazing things can happen when you actually study the book!

I got my licence on my 2nd try, and I did the BEST parallel park I've ever done on the day of my test. I totally fluked it!

------------------
And if there is a God
I know he likes to Rock

Slane/Lon tour pics

I failed the first time because I didn't look in my mirrors in the correct order (yes, my examiner was a very nasty person).

Luckily I passed the second time.

Keiran I HATE parallel park, I feel so sure Im gonna hit car behind, even with BIG space........everything looks tooooo close in rear-view mirror..........
eek.gif

I can't park for shit, drive for wind aye, but not park for shit!
biggrin.gif

BTW Dr Teeth good to see u alive and well!!!!!!

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 01-16-2002).]

maddie, get yourself a towbar. Even if you drive one of them fooked up lil Sunny Boy's, get one. Then, its always someone elses radiator you are gonna go clean through, not your back end. You will never fear parallel parks again! oh, and get a roo bar on the front end too, for when you need to straighten up.
biggrin.gif

Passed 1st time.
Maddie and Kieran: an EZ way to parallel park (easier to show than explain in woirds, but here goes):
Line up your steering wheel with the steering wheel of the car in front of your space...cut your wheel all the way and back up until you can read the back number plate of the front car...then cut wheel all the way the other way...slide back into your spot...its pretty easy, when I showed it to my wife, she tried it and no longer has anxiety about parallel parking.

But Hewson, if I keep cutting up my wheels I wont be able to drive anymore!!!!!!
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

naaaaah I tink I have ya but notty too sure to be sure, loike......erm....I might buy a big rubber ring instead.......!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I feel a failure that I cant park perfectly..............thats why Im not a good driver......
frown.gif

Hewson draw us some diggly diagrams son and stick em up in here.........u can use matchstick men and cars or inflated balloon men or cars, whichever u loike!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Passed 2nd time! First try I grazed someone's bumper when reversing from a parking space!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the PP tips Hewson, I'm gonna try that tomorrow!
smile.gif
God how I hate parallel parking...

Originally posted by Hewson:
Passed 1st time.
Maddie and Kieran: an EZ way to parallel park (easier to show than explain in woirds, but here goes):
Line up your steering wheel with the steering wheel of the car in front of your space...cut your wheel all the way and back up until you can read the back number plate of the front car...then cut wheel all the way the other way...slide back into your spot...its pretty easy, when I showed it to my wife, she tried it and no longer has anxiety about parallel parking.

In theory it makes a lot of sense, I'll grant you that. But unfortunately even regular old angle-in parking alarms me.

Parallel parkin is a pain in the arse!!! (literally if u hit tha car behind
biggrin.gif
er :rolleyes
smile.gif
, and esp more so u gotta signal early and halt up that big arse of a car behind u so as they give u space to do so...........I wonder why PP is such a nitemare to loads of pple, Im so glad Im not alone, and I dont mean that in a cruel way!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hate it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

Dr Teeth luvs it so much he even parallel parks his footy pedal bike!

Yeah, I refuse to take a park unless there's a free space on either side. I once smashed up the side mirror of a rental car, and it was, shall we say, expensive.

It took me five times.

Not because I'm a bad driver, but because I got so freaking nervous I would make a terrible mistake that would result in an automatic failure.

Pull out of a parking lot on the "left" side of the driveway (only wide enough for one car, much less a "left" or "right" side).........automatic failure.

Forget to pull into into the closest lane when making a turn.....automatic failure

Get cut off while trying to cross six lanes of traffic to get to a fork in the road resulting in the inability to make the turn to the fork.....automatic failure.

Everything in CT is an automatic failure.

all of you go to saskatchewan to get your drivers license!
it is so incredibly easy, though I am still a good driver.
here is a quick synopsis of my saskatchewan driving education:
15 years old took about 4 hours in class, had short written test, got 100%-got my learners.

still 15, started in car and in class-did another 26 hours in class and only 4 hours in car with instructor. no more tests done and on final hour in class instructor gave me a certificate to go pick up my license the day i turned 16.

day i turn 16, drivers license baby!
the whole process cost about $40, which is pretty cheap relative to most other canadian provinces. the really sweet thing was how easy and cheap it was for me to come back to ontario where we have graduated licensing which involves a lot of time, tests, and $$$.

------------------
there are only 2 universal languages: mathematics and love

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 01-16-2002).]

I actually failed the written test 3 times, but passed the actual driving test the first time.

My driving instructor thought I was cute, so he just winked and gave me my waiver form anyway!

I beat you! It took me 6 times...and for exactly the same reasons as yours...I would always get nervous and hit the curb during the parallel park...automatic failures.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
It took me five times.

Not because I'm a bad driver, but because I got so freaking nervous I would make a terrible mistake that would result in an automatic failure.

Pull out of a parking lot on the "left" side of the driveway (only wide enough for one car, much less a "left" or "right" side).........automatic failure.

Forget to pull into into the closest lane when making a turn.....automatic failure

Get cut off while trying to cross six lanes of traffic to get to a fork in the road resulting in the inability to make the turn to the fork.....automatic failure.

Everything in CT is an automatic failure.

I passed second time. I don't know why I failed because I'm a fantaaaaaaastic driver...although very few people believe me when I say that. I did have a slight run-in with a rubbish truck though. I think that might have had something to do with it.

I have my test coming up pretty soon. Passed theory in one, and I can parallel park with the best of them.

I also have most of the other special manoeuvres down, but I don't know what you call them in English... the one with the handbrake on an incline, backwards parking, turning on a narrow road. The only one still causing me trouble is going backwards around a corner.

Yep, you need to know a lot to get a license in the Netherlands. But that's a good thing, really.

Originally posted by Klodomir:
I have my test coming up pretty soon. Passed theory in one, and I can parallel park with the best of them.

I also have most of the other special manoeuvres down, but I don't know what you call them in English... the one with the handbrake on an incline, backwards parking, turning on a narrow road. The only one still causing me trouble is going backwards around a corner.

Yep, you need to know a lot to get a license in the Netherlands. But that's a good thing, really.

The one with a handbrake on an incline is called "God help me, why didn't I get an automatic?"

Back
Top Bottom