Cake!! Not the kind you eat, but listen too...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Loveth these guys :heart:

I'm extremely pissed off because they're playing in boston tonight... and I cant get anyone to work for me so I can go. :mad: :banghead: :mad: I'm praying for a last minute miracle so I can go.

But I have a feeling I'll end up back here at work :reject:

I'd wear a short skirt and a loooooonnnnnggggggg jacket! :D

I've loved their songs I've heard, but I've never bought any of their albums. I should do that!

Stick shifts and safety belts
Bucket seats have all got to go
When we're driving in my car
Makes my baby seem so far

I need you here with me
Not way over in a bucket seat
I need you to be here with me
Not way over in a bucket seat!

The gods were watching over me tonight... it's a wierd kind of story.

I was asleep after work, and around 3:30 I got a call from one of the girls I work with saying she could work for me, just as soon as she got the ok for her sitter. So I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I start getting anxious so I headed to ticketmaster with my calls forwarded to my cell in case things came through. So finally at 5 I still hadnt heard from her, called her and found out we'd better not switch since she wasnt sure she had child care. As soon as I hung my phone up.... it rings and it's work asking me if I want to come in at 11pm instead of 7 since we were overstaffed. We havent been overstaffed in 2 years. So great... I get the tickets, my boyfriend and I get in there, not realizing it's some sort of festival - with FOUR opening acts. Kinky, Modest Mouse (who sounded like nails on a chalkboard), De la Soul, and the Flaming Lips. So it's getting late now and I'm getting worried. So i called my charge nurse (luckily it was my friend) and she covered me until 12. So needless to say, Cake didnt come on until 11:15 :grumpy: I only got to hear 4 songs. :banghead: But at least I got to see a little of them!! Unfortunately it was most of their new stuff which I dont totally know yet, but I did get to hear Sheeps go to heaven, Goats go to hell :D :macdevil: Isnt it wierd though how sometimes things just have a way of working out?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
That's so cool you got to see at least some of their set! :) I love the video for Short Skirt... it's great.

How were the Flaming Lips? (Blah on work BTW. :censored: )

Yes blah on work :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Flaming Lips... to say the least, were FUCKING BIZARRE :coocoo: The lead singer smeared fake blood all over himself during one song, and they had like 6 or 7 people dressed in animal costumes running all over the stage, they later proceeded to run all through the audience throwing little tiny pieces of paper (like the little circles you get from a hole puncher) all over everyone. I had to have Bill pick about a 100 of them out of my hair for me!!!

Back
Top Bottom