Burpengary, Queensland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I'm listening to the boot of the first gig of the U2 tour.

This Space Chat thing is terrible. Truly, truly terrible.

From what I've seen on Youtube it sounds and looks like the opening night of the 360 tour kicked the ass of the Vertigo Tour. I've only heard snippets, but at least they've rehearsed this time :lol:

The big difference is the Vertigo Tour's opening night had a set that fucking slayed.

The big difference is the Vertigo Tour's opening night had a set that fucking slayed.

Which the band stumbled through. Bono screwed up The Fly totally. When I watched snippets of the second gig in Anaheim, it was just cringeworthy as to the performances they blew out later on the tour. That said, San Diego II is my second favourite u2 gig

Which the band stumbled through. Bono screwed up The Fly totally. When I watched snippets of the second gig in Anaheim, it was just cringeworthy as to the performances they blew out later on the tour. That said, San Diego II is my second favourite u2 gig

I'd rather fucked up versions of TEC, ACD/ITH, RTSS, ZS, and The Fly to the worst versions of One and WOWY ever, not to mention a set whose only significantly notable feature is UF.

Plus Vertigo had no fucking International Space Station call. God that segment is bad.

I'd rather fucked up versions of TEC, ACD/ITH, RTSS, ZS, and The Fly to the worst versions of One and WOWY ever, not to mention a set whose only significantly notable feature is UF.

Plus Vertigo had no fucking International Space Station call. God that segment is bad.

Tis only early days I guess.

:lmao: Maybe its better/ less lame watching it visually? I'm getting the bootleg from u2start.

Yeah, I'm still rather looking forward to how this thing might change for Barcelona II.

I can't imagine how some bland interview could possibly look better. U2 were criticised for the ZooTV Sarajevo link-up, but at least that made a powerful - and powerfully disturbing - point. This is just silliness and showing off toys.

I don't know, I wasn't this grouchy about the set earlier, but right now I'm thunderously tired and grouchy about everything.

I don't know, I wasn't this grouchy about the set earlier, but right now I'm thunderously tired and grouchy about everything.

Welcome to the real world :wink:

I'm pretty grouchy myself. I'm nearly ready to quit my job after this week. My boss has really slowly but surely shitted me off over the past 2-3 months, and its got worse this week.

Its not just him, the rest of the place just doesn't seem what it used to be. I was at least half interested in the place a few months ago :shrug:

Ah damn, sorry to hear that, Daniel. What are you thinking of doing if you quit?

And speaking of quitting, maybe I should quit the forum for the day ... :wave:

:yawn: I'm tired. I think farting around in Photoshop makes my brain shut off.

DANIEL! Green Day are going to play 21st Century Breakdown in full at the concerts!!! :hyper:

It's the only way. I'll have to find somebody who uses PayPal to renew my premium membership for me soon, and pay them back.

Yeah, I know this post was on, like, the first page, but whatevs...

I'll pay yours again, Assver. And this time you don't even have to admit anything embarrassing :lol:

HOLY SHIT!! :hyper:

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

This begs the question, will they bring out Jason Freese to play piano/keys again or will Beej pull an Edge and do piano and his rhythm guitar parts (Jason White is going to play lead, of course, as he's done since the WARNING: Tour)?

....THIS MEANS MIKEY WILL GET TO SING LEAD ON AMERICAN EULOGY/MASS HYSTERIA!!! :hyper:

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

This begs the question, will they bring out Jason Freese to play piano/keys again or will Beej pull an Edge and do piano and his rhythm guitar parts (Jason White is going to play lead, of course, as he's done since the WARNING: Tour)?

....THIS MEANS MIKEY WILL GET TO SING LEAD ON AMERICAN EULOGY/MASS HYSTERIA!!! :hyper:

So they're gonna do the whole album, off for an encore, and then play some classics? I think they did a simlar thing a few times on the AI tour. Awesome! :drool:

back soon!

So they're gonna do the whole album, off for an encore, and then play some classics? I think they did a simlar thing a few times on the AI tour. Awesome! :drool:

back soon!

Billie's a lazy frontman and far too interested in being an ax man, so I imagine it'll be Freese.

Yes! Now I'm even more depressed I missed the AI tour. I missed Tré singing live! :sad:

See you then :wave:

:laugh: No, we couldn't possibly have that! :wink:

Never. So remind me Friday night, if you're still around and I'll do it.

Aussie Friday night, of course. Friday morning for me.

UGH way to fail interference, I'd clicked on two posts to comment on...

...I know the first was about my sig, Ax. I was hoping you'd be able to deal. I decided that it was time to start the lovecats afresh, Fabriel only made it onto the new sig cause he was the newest 'cat.

I'll have to go find the other post.

OH and I'm back! Now that i've heard the opening bootleg, I am ready to go U2 mad. While the album was not enough to get me hyper into U2, a tour ALWAYS is :hyper:

I got an email at work today and realised the Black Employee Network's acronym is BEN. I thought of the MJ song "Ben" and started to giggle.

This makes me feel like a horrible person.

Ah here it is.

Laugh away, Reggo, that is the strangest song ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom