Bummerville, CA, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see the word 'lovelorn' I always think of that Simpsons Love Tester thing in Moe's Tavern.

Is the problem that the lovelorn-ness is all on your side?

I remember being lovelorn and it ain't pretty. Honestly I think I've shut that part of my brain/life off entirely... easier said than done. I personally just got tired of feeling sick all the time and worrying about things I had/have no control over.

In the meantime Triple J , aka The Chet Fukkah Half Hour, is keeping my soul, if not alive, then on life support.

It was excellent, even if many of the opinions were predictable, but great to see them being shut down on a regular basis. I loved how Sandy went on with her racist shit yet she was wearing a hat with the Cuban flag on it.

No, but I did watch Gaycrashers, which was interesting, though some of the criticism levelled at it has been fair.

Next time I'm real drunk and sad I might right a post about my feels. But I've done a lot of unnecessary oversharing over the years.

Remember that time you made a thread in ZC and there was this hella misogynistic Scottish kid who ended up going on this crusade against everybody? I don't know why I just remembered it.

Oh I remember that crazy nutjob. He was one of the first people to have a go at me over my post count.

So, Superthread. Opinions on Newcastle? I've got an interview for a job there. I've been through it quickly a couple of times but never really stopped, been into the city, seen the sights, etc. I do like the sound of being near Hunter Valley wineries...

Re: Newcastle, my condolences.

See I thought it was meant to be a dump, but then there have been all those travel guides touting its virtues recently (like Lonely Planet putting it in their top ten cities). Is it having some sort of a resurgence at the moment?

Personally I'm not keen on moving back to the wrong side of the Barassi Line... on the other hand, NSW politics would be fun, in the sense of the word only understood by other political tragics.

I can tell you have a deep and abiding affection for the city then. :wink:

Would love to hear Mr Smee's thoughts - if I remember correctly he's from there?

If anyone wants the inside scoop on Gaza, I can definitely confirm that Toowoomba is nicer.

Public transport in Toowoomba is a stolen car.

Well Ax, you just might experience Leave Them All Behind in its full glory live, featuring all band members.

I will explode with joy if there is a Ride reunion.

Especially if it comes down here. I'm still impatiently awaiting Slowdive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom