Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Sometimes the snippets just slip past me. It's hard to constantly pay attention, especially on the very "samey" tours like ZooTV and Popmart. And sometimes I try to get through things quicker by skipping tracks that never have snippets, or just going to points in songs where the snippets usually appear (e.g. on a JT boot, I'll skip to the end of ISHFWILF to see if it's got Exodus). I try to avoid doing things like that, but sometimes you just want to get the show out of the way and when you've worked on hundreds of sets, you do start to get a reasonable idea of where a snippet's likely to appear.

I would say, however, that the Vertigo Tour is incredibly close to complete. I don't doubt there's probably a handful of snippets missing, but for the most part, we nailed that - the audio feeds really helped.

Have you ever considered having people help you out on that? You know, you send them a bootleg, they review it for snippetry, they get to keep it? Everyone wins, your list becomes more accurate, they get a bootleg.

phillyfan26 said:

Have you ever considered having people help you out on that? You know, you send them a bootleg, they review it for snippetry, they get to keep it? Everyone wins, your list becomes more accurate, they get a bootleg.

That's not such a bad idea. I've often taken the input of people here before who've pointed out mistakes and omissions. But yeah, maybe I should introduce that, get a few people I trust onboard. Indeed, there are a few snippets that I've identified that I really want another pair of ears to check ...

I'll help down the road when I have a better computer and you can send links to whole shows. :)

unico said:
i just looked, it has 1555 plays on my itunes. damn.

:ohmy:

The most played song on my iTunes is Pain by Blackfield, at 105 plays. That's the iTunes on my Mac, and I've been using it for probably about eight or nine months as my primary music player. My last.fm probably tells the story better, I've been using it since mid-2005 and the most played song there is Cloudy Now by Blackfield on 276, closely followed by Porcupine Tree's Piano Lessons on 273.

The only U2 in my last.fm top fifty tracks is One Tree Hill, equal eleventh with Dream Theater's Pull Me Under on 237 plays.

unico said:
TGBHF. Since I saw you guys were talking about it I played it again...so, that number has changed to 1558. I could listen to it over and over and over...
damn!

since we're all talking about playcounts...

my highest one according to itunes is new religion by duran duran with 125.

according to last.fm, it's dirty creature by split enz with 156.

No spoken words said:
THIS IS MY THREAD!!! READ THE TITLE!!! MY THREAD !!!!!
attention_whore.jpg

unico said:

damn!!! nobody has top played songs in the 1000s? my next is flowerchild at 1261.

How long have you been using it? That might make a difference.

unico said:

damn!!! nobody has top played songs in the 1000s? my next is flowerchild at 1261.

I gots a lot of songs, so, no one song gets played quite that much.

ASOH gets the most love from my Itunes, which should surprise nobody..

hmm...well i think september 2006 is when i got it. so...since then. i seriously would let it play over and over while studying. having one song on repeat sorta helps me memorize better i think, something about making the environment mantra like.

unico said:
hmm...well i think september 2006 is when i got it. so...since then. i seriously would let it play over and over while studying. having one song on repeat sorta helps me memorize better i think, something about making the environment mantra like.

Ah, right.

I've a question, and I don't mean this in a mean way: how much other music do you listen to? I've certainly noticed my charts go through various phases based on that. Like I've got some U2 stuff with shitloads of plays from when I only listened to a small handful of bands, and now I've got Blackfield really high just because they've suited my mood extremely well the last few months and I haven't felt the urge to branch out all that much.

Axver said:

Ah, right.

I've a question, and I don't mean this in a mean way: how much other music do you listen to? I've certainly noticed my charts go through various phases based on that. Like I've got some U2 stuff with shitloads of plays from when I only listened to a small handful of bands, and now I've got Blackfield really high just because they've suited my mood extremely well the last few months and I haven't felt the urge to branch out all that much.

well with all the bsides, singles, and bootlegs, u2 definitely is the artist with the most frequency. i listen to practically anything but american country. it should be noted too that i have some CDs in my car that have not quite migrated over to my itunes. not because i don't like them, but i do listen to them frequently in my car.

unico said:

well with all the bsides, singles, and bootlegs, u2 definitely is the artist with the most frequency. i listen to practically anything but american country. it should be noted too that i have some CDs in my car that have not quite migrated over to my itunes. not because i don't like them, but i do listen to them frequently in my car.

How many times have you listened to "Afro Puffs"? 3,000?

Axver said:

Ah, right.

I know what you mean. I've been listening, up until these past couple of days, to David Bowie constantly, and his numbers are up there.

My top iTunes song is still Last to Die by Bruce Springsteen, with 71 plays. Moonage Daydream by David Bowie is second with 64 plays.

unico said:

I noticed that as soon as I stopped listening to bootlegs for non-U2VT purposes, my plays for U2 plummeted. I used to almost exclusively listen to bootlegs, for any band, but now I barely touch live stuff. I guess because I want a cohesive album experience. Too many times with U2, I just play a mishmash of live tracks, because sets post-Lovetown are so hit and miss for me. There's just something lost when I play, say, a Popmart boot and only listen to Mofo, LNOE, Please, Discotheque, and HMTMKMKM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom