Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:

I feel like this album has less cohesion than my symphonic. Sure, in the symphonic, that was the point, but, still, it's pissing me off.

I need a good opener for my second disc, and I don't have one.

My playlist takes some risks, I even have a ska band thrown in there.

I'm sure you realize this, but just in case, I'll point out that you don't have to have it set up as two separate discs. It can be one long playlist as well, as long as the total time doesn't exceed 160 minutes.

phanan said:

I'm sure you realize this, but just in case, I'll point out that you don't have to have it set up as two separate discs. It can be one long playlist as well, as long as the total time doesn't exceed 160 minutes.

Thanks for looking out for me, and I am aware. :up:

I have two different sounds for the two discs. The first disc is much more of a rock disc, whereas the second disc is a little bit darker and simpler.

Question: Is there a minimum minute count? Mine is probably going to end up being right around 2 hours, is that alright?

There is no minimum to go by, although if your list is drastically shorter, some people might dock you points.

Khan's last playlist was shorter, and it did get some comments. It might not have helped in the voting, although she had great stuff on there.

OK, thanks for the info. :up:

Yeah, I feel like the second disc needs something, but I can't put my finger on what. Lots of work to be done still.

cowbell.gif

phillyfan26 said:
OK, thanks for the info. :up:

Yeah, I feel like the second disc needs something, but I can't put my finger on what. Lots of work to be done still.

Even with the signup thread appearing tomorrow, it will be 2-3 weeks before we actually start, so take your time.

phanan said:
Khan's last playlist was shorter, and it did get some comments. It might not have helped in the voting, although she had great stuff on there.
yeah, that kinda ticked me off. i was like...what, do you want me to add subpar filler on there just to get it closer? :rolleyes: but thanks :D

Hey, question for you Khan.

We obviously can't post the links for everyone's list in the threads, but would I be allowed to post a link to a web page that was for Desert Island? The web page then would have links to the playlists.

This way, people are not going to the links directly from Interference - there's another site in between.

Would this technically be ok?

phanan said:
Hey, question for you Khan.

We obviously can't post the links for everyone's list in the threads, but would I be allowed to post a link to a web page that was for Desert Island? The web page then would have links to the playlists.

This way, people are not going to the links directly from Interference - there's another site in between.

Would this technically be ok?
you mean like a page where all the links to download would be? i'm not sure if that'd be allowed either since that's kind of the same thing, unfortunately.

Yeah, I was thinking of creating a Desert Island site and having all the info. there for people to see. It would obviously have the links to go download on there.

I figured it was a long shot. Of course, I could always do it as a blog and just have it conveniently located in my sig or something.

i'm so psyched for the desert island competition. i'm really confident of my playlist. and this time no one can say it's too short, i'm only a couple minutes short of the max :tsk:

You people have been quiet since I left, huh?

Just having a quiet day here too, since it's too hot to really do much ...

phanan said:
Yeah, I was thinking of creating a Desert Island site and having all the info. there for people to see. It would obviously have the links to go download on there.

I figured it was a long shot. Of course, I could always do it as a blog and just have it conveniently located in my sig or something.

What about a website that has all the info, i.e. the rules, everybody's tracklists, and it just so happens to be links too? It's not explicitly filesharing, it's a central page with EVERYTHING for the tournament.

phillyfan26 said:
I've never heard Smile before, so I'll be excited to give that a listen. And Native Son kicks the ass of Vertigo multiple times.

Both mixes of Holy Joe. :love:

Smile is made of win. It's my favourite track from the HTDAAB era. Probably the only post-Pop songs I prefer to it are TGBHF and Electrical Storm.

War-era Bono would kick today's Bono in the face for replacing the meaningful Native Son with the worthless fluff of Vertigo.

Speaking of Electrical Storm, all I have is the neutered Orbit mix. Do you have the regular version?

PFan, I'll send you the leaked rough early version of Electrical Storm. It's even better than the proper one.

PS That wanker on the U2 songs thread who just says "lots of snippets missing" really shits me. I mean, fuck, does he have any idea how much time I've already put into U2VT?

Axver said:
PS That wanker on the U2 songs thread who just says "lots of snippets missing" really shits me. I mean, fuck, does he have any idea how much time I've already put into U2VT?
i was thinking the same thing, but i decided to be kind. i was like uhh...it's just one dude, listening to boots. you see if you can get every snippet.

I don't have Fast Cars or The Ground Beneath Her Feet. Axver praises TGBHF constantly, so I might as well give that a shot.

Shit, there's a lot I don't have.

Sometimes the snippets just slip past me. It's hard to constantly pay attention, especially on the very "samey" tours like ZooTV and Popmart. And sometimes I try to get through things quicker by skipping tracks that never have snippets, or just going to points in songs where the snippets usually appear (e.g. on a JT boot, I'll skip to the end of ISHFWILF to see if it's got Exodus). I try to avoid doing things like that, but sometimes you just want to get the show out of the way and when you've worked on hundreds of sets, you do start to get a reasonable idea of where a snippet's likely to appear.

I would say, however, that the Vertigo Tour is incredibly close to complete. I don't doubt there's probably a handful of snippets missing, but for the most part, we nailed that - the audio feeds really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom