Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
It's a bad sign when my uni reading is more interesting than the thread

Do you want Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss) and I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub) or not? :tsk:

coolian2 said:

I might already have them...but why not. Send them along!

Righto!

LM, if you're still around, do you want them?

coolian2 said:

Last post of the previous page, i missed it when i posted.

And normally i check that

Did you go to the Phail Collins School of Literacy? :tsk:

(OK, so I'm beating the Phail Collins joke into the ground ...)

coolian2 said:

I think if you make too many Phail Collins jokes you become him.

Then I think this entire thread is fucked.

Listening to Slug right now ... :drool:

Also, Ian, how about those EYKIW cretins and WILATW? :down:

coolian2 said:

Quite likely.

This thread is Phail Collins, if he were an thread.

Well, it is named after somewhere in No Spoken Words, so of course.

coolian2 said:

lol

I made my post just above before i saw your question.

Bastards, but a tie is better (just) than IALW making it further.

:lol: Get out of my brain.

I still can't believe anybody would prefer IALW over WILATW. Maybe Khan can explain, as I know she hates WILATW but isn't an ATYCLB fan at all so probably hates IALW too. What makes IALW more tolerable than a song with good lyrics and the only guitar solo on the album?

coolian2 said:
Hey, how did we manage a double elimination in the ATYCLB survivor?

Alters, probably. When I last checked, it was 48 WILATW, 45 IALW.

The first round of HTDAAB sucks. You people and your disdain for One Step Closer ... :tsk:

Axver said:

:lol: Get out of my brain.

I still can't believe anybody would prefer IALW over WILATW. Maybe Khan can explain, as I know she hates WILATW but isn't an ATYCLB fan at all so probably hates IALW too. What makes IALW more tolerable than a song with good lyrics and the only guitar solo on the album?

I actually like ATYCLB, and only discovered WILATW relatively recently. But it shits over IALW, so much so that i took IALW out of my own ATYCLB tracklisting.

coolian2 said:

I thought alters couldn't vote? Interference sucks sometimes.

Don't blame me, i voted for Yahweh.

Of course alters can vote. They're just another account. I've voted with notAxver before - not on Survivor; on the Prog Island tournament, I submitted a notAxver playlist so that we had an even amount of contestants, and in notAxver's rounds, I voted with that account rather than with this one.

I nearly voted Yahweh, but ABOY got my vote in the end. In an ideal world, I'd want them to both go in a tie.

coolian2 said:

I actually like ATYCLB, and only discovered WILATW relatively recently. But it shits over IALW, so much so that i took IALW out of my own ATYCLB tracklisting.

I hate ATYCLB. It's my least favourite U2 album and I don't think any song is a classic - well, unless your edition has TGBHF, which would factor in my top fifty U2 songs. Not sure if WILATW might just creep in to the top fifty or not. Everything else can forget it.

Funny too, because after the Best Of 1980-1990, ATYCLB was my first U2 album.

coolian2 said:
Damn, i'm not allowed to create any alters to stir shit at the moment.

I miss Hendrik from Vaduz :sad:

VaduzOderTot was forced to live in Planken rather than Vaduz and chose death?

Axver said:

I hate ATYCLB. It's my least favourite U2 album and I don't think any song is a classic - well, unless your edition has TGBHF, which would factor in my top fifty U2 songs. Not sure if WILATW might just creep in to the top fifty or not. Everything else can forget it.

Funny too, because after the Best Of 1980-1990, ATYCLB was my first U2 album.

I don't love it nor hate it. It's a middle ground album for me. Most of the stuff on there isn't memorable or great compared to the rest of U2s past, but i just like a bit of it for some reason.

And TGBHF is a great album closer :drool:

coolian2 said:

I don't love it nor hate it. It's a middle ground album for me. Most of the stuff on there isn't memorable or great compared to the rest of U2s past, but i just like a bit of it for some reason.

And TGBHF is a great album closer :drool:

I don't think it has ever factored highly for me. I did love Walk On when I was just becoming a serious U2 fan, but as much as I like its sincerity, the cliche lyrics get too much after a while. And I've never actually rated Kite that highly, mainly due to its awful processed strings intro. I wish the studio version had been like the astonishing live version on Vertigo.

I think the middle ground album for me is probably War. It has some classic songs, an over-rated one (SBS), some middling stuff, and some bullshit.

the tourist said:
Hey Ax, is your playlist completed?

Not even close. Think I've got my closing sequence of five or six songs worked out at least. The start's causing me huge trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom