Bulls, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought them for my sister a while ago, and thought, hell, I've paid money for it, I'm gonna see what it's all about. Worst. Decision. EVAR.

I read the first page of the first book and I almost swallowed my tongue because my teeth wanted to bite my brain. It was very uncomfortable.

You poor thing. :therethere: I heard about the title "Ecpilse" (leaves the typo there for lulz) three years before Twilame Madness hit theaters and thought it had something to do with Astronomy, not sparkly vampires. Silly mee.

You poor thing. :therethere: I heard about the title "Ecpilse" (leaves the typo there for lulz) three years before Twilame Madness hit theaters and thought it had something to do with Astronomy, not sparkly vampires. Silly mee.

Yeah, I got a hold of them about a year or so before they hit cinemas.

And I'm starting to worry that Muse has been ruined for me, too...

Can I blame Twilame for being 90 mins late to work? :reject:

It's like I'd lost the will to live, and couldn't get out of bed this morning.

And it's a stupidly busy day at work, I really shouldn't be here. But I don't care.

I think I may have buggered the scarf. Sigh. Starting over won't be that bad, as I'm not that far in, but yeah. I reckon I've buggered it thoroughly.

You and I should collaborate on a vampire/Werewolfy story. One, to prove that any idiot can do it, even us with our Swiss cheese brains, and two, to make one that's actually worth, you know, reading.

I like this idea. Although I can assure you that far worse idiots than us have already been published.

I read a couple of review comments in the Wiki article, and had to shake my head. "Casual readers may be disappointed by the lack of action"?? That's putting it more mildly than super extra mild low-fat cheese that's matured for 0.00000000000001 of a nanosecond.

:reject: She's still speaking to me, which is good. And I really don't think she realized what i did, nor does she think it was intentional. I'm just embarrassed of my subconscious grabby-hands.

Oops. No harm done!

If you want an excuse for unintentional grabby-hands, crowded GA areas at gigs are ideal. :|

Oh my god, Alison, that was so worth it. :lmao: :lmao:

I entirely second the last two posts. I don't know how you managed to stomach that ... what troubles me is that your posts seem to have more content than the actual books themselves.

I should bloody well hope so... I have a lot more content between my ears than StephEnie has. Or I used to, anyway... :uhoh:

She's getting a Doctor Who Twelfth Series scarf hand-knitted by me! :D ...If I get it finished by Christmas... Good thing it's warm down there in December! :shifty:

:hyper: You are awesome. Thanks! :hug:

And don't worry about Xmas if you need more time... I probably won't need a scarf until next May or something. :wink:

I like this idea. Although I can assure you that far worse idiots than us have already been published.

I read a couple of review comments in the Wiki article, and had to shake my head. "Casual readers may be disappointed by the lack of action"?? That's putting it more mildly than super extra mild low-fat cheese that's matured for 0.00000000000001 of a nanosecond.

Oops. No harm done!

If you want an excuse for unintentional grabby-hands, crowded GA areas at gigs are ideal. :|

I should bloody well hope so... I have a lot more content between my ears than StephEnie has. Or I used to, anyway... :uhoh:

:hyper: You are awesome. Thanks! :hug:

And don't worry about Xmas if you need more time... I probably won't need a scarf until next May or something. :wink:

Ok. I've got the vampire bits. You're rather the werewolf master.

I'm just so bloody mortified. I feel like I lost control.

I'm asking more experienced ravelers if I do, in fact, need to restart before I frog the damn thing.

I read the first page of the first book and I almost swallowed my tongue because my teeth wanted to bite my brain. It was very uncomfortable.

I should've done that, heeded the warning signs and all, but no!

I did that and ignored the signs anyway... I have no one but myself to blame, really.

It's more fun to blame StephEnie, though. :shifty:

I hate that every book has some stupid reference to the title in the text. And maybe every book in existence has a reference to its title in the text, but in this case it pissed me off.

:lol:

They were 'hip' and 'cool' at the time, and she had no money and wanted to read them. I thought I was being a good brother. I was wrong.

I just feel sorry for you for actually spending money on them, on top of going through the trauma of actually reading them.

Mind you, maybe the pity is mitigated by knowing that you've made a material contribution to literary terrorism. :tsk:

Ok. I've got the vampire bits. You're rather the werewolf master.

I'm just so bloody mortified. I feel like I lost control.

I'm asking more experienced ravelers if I do, in fact, need to restart before I frog the damn thing.

Done.

:hug: At least you'll be on your guard after this, I guess...?

There are some very experienced knitters online! Good luck :up:

I just feel sorry for you for actually spending money on them, on top of going through the trauma of actually reading them.

Mind you, maybe the pity is mitigated by knowing that you've made a material contribution to literary terrorism. :tsk:

At least I haven't paid to see any of the movies yet... that would be the icing on the cake.

:hug: Cin :hug: Hope you get well soon!

On a totally unrelated note, some of you may be interested to know I am listening to an album described as "discogaze", i.e. its predominant genres are shoegaze and ... disco. If ever you wanted to know what Slowdive would sound like if they made dance music, Soundpool answer your question.

Also, today, I went to two job interviews. The second one was perfectly normal and I'll probably take the job.

The first, however, ran for two hours. I shit you not. :crack:

I feel sick. have been nauseous and chucking and . . .other stuff since friday :crack:

going to see the doctor man tomorrow, g'night.

You're not pregnant, are you?? I swear, nearly every female I know is up the duff (although a lot of them won't be for much longer).

... You can't blame me for being twitchy... *L*

Hope you feel better! :hug:

On a totally unrelated note, some of you may be interested to know I am listening to an album described as "discogaze", i.e. its predominant genres are shoegaze and ... disco. If ever you wanted to know what Slowdive would sound like if they made dance music, Soundpool answer your question.

... Is it any good? Does it make you want to boogie or stare at your shoes? Or one leg of each...?

Also, today, I went to two job interviews. The second one was perfectly normal and I'll probably take the job.

The first, however, ran for two hours. I shit you not. :crack:

Ugh... Were they super-picky or just badly organised?

I went for a job at KFC once. They interveiwed me, gave me a personality test, interviewed me again, and then seemed happy and gave me a tour of the kitchen. Then I heard nothing for two weeks, at the end of which they sent me a "sorry we don't need you" letter in the mail. :rolleyes:

Please tell me you'll get the pie job!! :hyper:

Two things:

My subjects for 2011 have been confirmed.

And the Italian dad on Wife Swap looked like Sylvester Stallone but acted like goddamn Danny Devito.

Ugh... Were they super-picky or just badly organised?

I went for a job at KFC once. They interveiwed me, gave me a personality test, interviewed me again, and then seemed happy and gave me a tour of the kitchen. Then I heard nothing for two weeks, at the end of which they sent me a "sorry we don't need you" letter in the mail. :rolleyes:

Please tell me you'll get the pie job!! :hyper:

It was a group interview, and the guy just spent SO long talking about the company and hardly any time talking to us. The job is totally not for me either - ew events-based sales. The other job was much better - just a call centre/customer service job, but it pays very well indeed. The pie job interview is Wednesday, it's basically just going to come down to pay I think!

Argh that sucks! That happened to me in NZ. I trialled at this cafe for 3 or 4 shifts, then kept trying to contact the manager to find out if I'd got it or not. He dithered and dithered, wasted my time for AGES, and then just decided I "wasn't right for the job". Wtf, couldn't he tell after just ONE shift if I was right or wrong? :crack:

Whenever Julia Gillard says "Mr. Abbott", it sounds to me like "Mr. Rabbit" :lol:

Other than that, she's not doing too badly on Q&A, apart from waffling a bit too much. And apparently EVERY question is "a good question too"!

It was a group interview, and the guy just spent SO long talking about the company and hardly any time talking to us. The job is totally not for me either - ew events-based sales. The other job was much better - just a call centre/customer service job, but it pays very well indeed. The pie job interview is Wednesday, it's basically just going to come down to pay I think!

Aha... I'm guessing customer service pays better than pie, but I can hope otherwise for your sake! :wink:

What if they paid you IN pie? :hmm:

Argh that sucks! That happened to me in NZ. I trialled at this cafe for 3 or 4 shifts, then kept trying to contact the manager to find out if I'd got it or not. He dithered and dithered, wasted my time for AGES, and then just decided I "wasn't right for the job". Wtf, couldn't he tell after just ONE shift if I was right or wrong? :crack:

That's just maddening. Were they just getting free shifts out of you? :madwife:

In the end I was probably just as glad not working in KFC, although that store was a lot closer to my house than the McDonald's I ended up in.

Whenever Julia Gillard says "Mr. Abbott", it sounds to me like "Mr. Rabbit" :lol:

Other than that, she's not doing too badly on Q&A, apart from waffling a bit too much. And apparently EVERY question is "a good question too"!

:lol: Awesome.

Heh, sounds like she's trying a bit too hard to suck up to the audience...

you know when you don't notice something until someone points it out and then you can't unnotice it?

yeah

Back
Top Bottom