Bucksnort, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come-uppance for flirting?

The rest us all want to see it happen. :tongue:

Liam, I don't quite feel like looking desperate in an online thread.

Here, have a potato to pass the time. :kicks potato to you:

Haha, Bono just called Chris Martin a wanker ... and a great melodist. :lmao: on both counts.

No-one about? I'm just coming out my focused gotta-update-live zone. Good performance by U2. Despite the petulant whining on WTAHAN, I've no issue with the song selection or the band's performance. Bono sarcastically snippeted a line from Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl which cracked me up.

For any of you out the loop and catching up: U2gigs.com - U2 play live on BBC radio

anyone out there?

Edit: hey Ax - good to see you. Thanks for the u2gigs.com updates, it's been the only thing helping me catch up with the band during these busy days. How was the performance?

Haha, it's the Law of the Superthread - ask if somebody's here and they beat you to posting.

Performance was definitely good! Best Boots thus far, I also dug the end of Breathe. Bono did a good jog. :wink: Beautiful Day was also performed very well. I'd have expected the band to be rustier than this, honestly.

Haha, it's the Law of the Superthread - ask if somebody's here and they beat you to posting.

Performance was definitely good! Best Boots thus far, I also dug the end of Breathe. Bono did a good jog. :wink: Beautiful Day was also performed very well. I'd have expected the band to be rustier than this, honestly.

Sounds good. I'm sure they will be playing most songs very well by the beginning of the tour. No Las Vegas this time around.

When does your semester at uni start?

Sounds good. I'm sure they will be playing most songs very well by the beginning of the tour. No Las Vegas this time around.

When does your semester at uni start?

Yeah, I think these promo tours partly serve to make sure Popmart Las Vegas isn't repeated. Though I'm sure the opening few shows will still be a bit rough. The San Diego gig that opened Vertigo had some funny moments.

I go back on Monday, alas.

Yeah, I think these promo tours partly serve to make sure Popmart Las Vegas isn't repeated. Though I'm sure the opening few shows will still be a bit rough. The San Diego gig that opened Vertigo had some funny moments.

I go back on Monday, alas.

I have to listen to that show again - I haven't in, like, ages.

Oh, that's bad! At least it's your final year.... do you have a lot of coursework to do?

Right, so, it's an all-nighter for me thanks to U2, and to celebrate a self-proclaimed job well done on the Live Lounge live set and article, I've cracked open a white wine. It's nice and refreshingly cool after a warm day too (compounded by baking multiple muffin batches). It's a James Busby Eden Valley riesling, Eden Valley being in Bonnie's South Australia. I'm a big riesling fan so it's hard to disappoint me. This is definitely doing the trick. Refreshing and with fruity overtones, but dry rather than sweet. Although I love port, I prefer most wines to be dry rather than sweet, so this pleases me.

I have to listen to that show again - I haven't in, like, ages.

Oh, that's bad! At least it's your final year.... do you have a lot of coursework to do?

I love Zoo Station, when Bono forgets the lyrics. "I'm ready for the ball, I'm ready for the bat, I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat" spawned some hilarious speculation here that U2 were going to play Acrobat live.

Not too much coursework. I shouldn't be too distracted from the thesis, though I'm sure my reading course will be intense. I should probably do some preliminary work this weekend, but ... who knows.

I have a meeting with my supervisor Monday, then seminars on Wednesday and Thursday. Bloody hope the latter two don't affect me updating U2gigs with Letterman details.

Right, so, it's an all-nighter for me thanks to U2, and to celebrate a self-proclaimed job well done on the Live Lounge live set and article, I've cracked open a white wine. It's nice and refreshingly cool after a warm day too (compounded by baking multiple muffin batches). It's a James Busby Eden Valley riesling, Eden Valley being in Bonnie's South Australia. I'm a big riesling fan so it's hard to disappoint me. This is definitely doing the trick. Refreshing and with fruity overtones, but dry rather than sweet. Although I love port, I prefer most wines to be dry rather than sweet, so this pleases me.

That sounds great. I'm a big riesling fan myself as well, you can't go wrong there. You just reminded me that I need to buy some Australian wine. I guess I'll try to go to a wine shop tomorrow.

I can't wait until I get home in about 4 hours! I'll probably open a bottle myself, the weather's been good this week and I'll sit in the balcony to enjoy!

Cheers to the wine, then (I'm having tea now :|)

That sounds great. I'm a big riesling fan myself as well, you can't go wrong there. You just reminded me that I need to buy some Australian wine. I guess I'll try to go to a wine shop tomorrow.

I can't wait until I get home in about 4 hours! I'll probably open a bottle myself, the weather's been good this week and I'll sit in the balcony to enjoy!

Cheers to the wine, then (I'm having tea now :|)

Dry riesling is probably my favourite white. New Zealand's known for sauvignon blanc, but I tend to ignore that and favour the rieslings. The Kiwi rieslings were a bit more expensive than I wished to pay, though, so I grabbed this one as it promised to be dry. Not a disappointment at all! I have some crackers and Dutch edam cheese, so I might get those out and have a right good evening here.

During the European U2 tour, you and I should totally sample some wines together. I'm keen to get stuck into some French stuff. Make my father die of jealousy.

I love Zoo Station, when Bono forgets the lyrics. "I'm ready for the ball, I'm ready for the bat, I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat" spawned some hilarious speculation here that U2 were going to play Acrobat live.

Not too much coursework. I shouldn't be too distracted from the thesis, though I'm sure my reading course will be intense. I should probably do some preliminary work this weekend, but ... who knows.

I have a meeting with my supervisor Monday, then seminars on Wednesday and Thursday. Bloody hope the latter two don't affect me updating U2gigs with Letterman details.

My last year at uni was a mix of experiences - by that time I hated to go to classes and didn't really expect to learn much from them, but I was very excited about my thesis and did a lot of work there. I think it was a nice good-bad balance overall.

I hope it won't affect your performance at U2gigs as well :lol: I will be sad they will be moving away from Europe, though - with the time difference it will be hard to follow anything live. Plus, I don't get American channels here, so I would need to find streams online.

My last year at uni was a mix of experiences - by that time I hated to go to classes and didn't really expect to learn much from them, but I was very excited about my thesis and did a lot of work there. I think it was a nice good-bad balance overall.

I hope it won't affect your performance at U2gigs as well :lol: I will be sad they will be moving away from Europe, though - with the time difference it will be hard to follow anything live. Plus, I don't get American channels here, so I would need to find streams online.

Yeah, I'm expecting classes to be a waste of time. None of them are about anything I give two hoots about. Well, that's a lie, I chose them because they're topics I have interest in, but not so much academic interest. Russian history fascinates me, for instance, but it doesn't exactly tie into Kiwi history, you know? Still, I hope I enjoy it enough to put in my best effort and get first class honours. Actually, not necessary enjoy; I hope it just CHALLENGES me. I produce my best work when challenged.

I'll have to look up Letterman's broadcast times. I don't think my Thursday class clashes, but I fear the Wednesday one will. Which do I prioritise? I mean, first week classes are usually bloody pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom