Bruno Kirby dead at 57

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Veteran character actor Bruno Kirby has died from complications related to leukemia, his wife said Tuesday.

Kirby, who was 57, was perhaps best known for appearances with friend Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally and City Slickers, among his three-dozen film roles.

Kirby died Monday in Los Angeles according to a statement from his wife, Lynn Sellers. He had recently been diagnosed with the disease.

"We are incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from Bruno's fans and colleagues who have admired and respected his work over the past 30 years," his wife said.

"Bruno's spirit will continue to live on not only in his rich body of film and television work but also through the lives of individuals he has touched throughout his life."

Kirby began acting in the early 1970s, with one of his first notable roles in The Godfather:part II.

He achieved his greatest fame in the 1980s, appearing in a string of comedies that in addition to his appearances with Crystal, also included This Is Spinal Tap, Tin Men, Good Morning, Vietnam and The Freshman.

The actor later appeared in dramatic films that included Donnie Brasco, Basketball Diaries and Sleepers.

Most recently, he played Phil Rubenstein on the HBO series Entourage.

Very sad...an untimely loss...

img.phtml

Weird ... I just watched The Basketball Diaries Monday night, and there he was. My boyfriend and I commented, "Gosh, he's been quiet lately." Guess we know why now.

:(

Back
Top Bottom