Bruce-First Night of "The Rising" Tour, Only 21 Songs?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, jez--they are funny over there. here are a couple of responses to the bitching about the show's length:

Don't wanna think about how short the shows will be when he's 70 - 1,5 h at the most... Not to mention when he's dead. The guy is obviously a hype.
:lol:

Hey old-timers, maybe he feels the fans can't last three hours
:laugh:

and your man milwaukee king is all over the place.

joyfulgirl said:
thanks, jez--they are funny over there. here are a couple of responses to the bitching about the show's length:

:lol:

:laugh:

and your man milwaukee king is all over the place.

MWUHAHAHA funny quotes!!!!!!

yah, I don't think King of Milwaukee has a life outside of the board :lol:

clarity, I'm sorry you don't have $$$$......check the springsteen message boards, on www.the-circuit.org, someone is giving away four tix for Detroit.....maybe you can post something?

ouizy said:
I am just glad the fucking idoit reviewer for the New York Post Dan Aquilante did not compare it to a U2 show. he does not like U2 and goes out of his way to slam them every time they play around here...

Be patient, it'll come. Dan Aquilante is just your below average rock critic who tries to slam an artist every time when possible. When it isn't possible (like now when everyone is ecstatic that Bruce is back and is at #1) he's trying to get the most ass-licked review.

He did that with U2. For the Irving Plaza show he wrote a scathing review (also based on the fact that he did not got a ticket for that gig), this was the time when it wasn't sure to everyone that U2 was still an excellent live band. For the 1st New York concert on the Elevation tour he wrote a review that made you believe that U2 invented rock music that night. And on the 3rd Elevation leg he again tried to slam the band (as they played New York after 11 September).

So expect to see a very negative review of Bruce's concert next time he plays the area and with the album not #1 anymore.

Seems like a decent setlist, but he is known for marathon shows - I guess not this time around...

Don't judge too soon. I was at the Reunion Tour world opening in Barcelona (my first Bruce concert ever and it made a convert). That show also clocked in at around 2:30 (the recording apparently fits on 2 CD's - still looking for that one), but later shows were longer. Just like U2. During the first few Elevation gigs U2 had to find their momentum, but after 1 1/2 weeks they lifted off.

P.S. you hear about the general admission seating he is using??? sounds a lot like an idea U2 had, huh???

Thanks to general admission in Europe I was almost totally up front for my first Bruce concert (only one or two rows between me and the stage, I stood between Bruce and Clarence). He who gets early, has a great 'seat'.

C ya!

Marty

a week from tonight, Detroit Rock City!

Alrighty, then. Bruce and the band have about three shows to get their road legs back. :sexywink:

Oooh, Rosalita would be tasty. :drool: I read today in the new RS that they had practiced Tenth Avenue Freezeout during one of the rehearsals. *prays to the concert gods* ;)

Popmartijn said:

He did that with U2. For the Irving Plaza show he wrote a scathing review (also based on the fact that he did not got a ticket for that gig),
How can he review a show he didn't get in to?:eyebrow:

Hewson said:
How can he review a show he didn't get in to?:eyebrow:

The Irving Plaza show was also broadcasted on the radio, so he listened to that. Here's an excerpt of that review (as found on Google Groups):

Rather than miss the concert, The Post listened on the radio like the rest of New York. What was clear through the mighty 3-inch speaker of a Deluxe clock radio with digital lighted numbers was that a big band was slumming.

So that's how you can also review a concert...

Marty

Ok, apparently the show is not going to get longer:

"and while the set will undoubtably change a bit, it will not lengthen. Both Lofgren and Tallent told me before the show that Springsteen wants to keep it consice. none of the famouse 4 hour shows from years past. This one runs a tidy 2 hours fifteen minutes, give or take."

Roger Freidman, Fox News

simma downna

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Did any of you guys see him on Nightline? He has a slight limp nowadays, poor guy.

I didn't see Nightline, but I read in his article in RS about the limp.

~LadyLemon~ said:

I didn't see Nightline, but I read in his article in RS about the limp.

tell me about the limp--haven't picked up RS yet

Back
Top Bottom