Britneys Comeback...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
LOS ANGELES (May 2) -- Britney Spears performed for the first time in more than three years on Tuesday, making a brief, unadvertised appearance at a San Diego nightclub, local media reported.

The gig, which reportedly lasted between 15 and 20 minutes, was not exactly a surprise. Rumors had run rampant in the past few days that three scheduled southern California shows featuring an unknown band called The M+M's were a cover for the troubled pop princess.

A television news report said $35 tickets for Tuesday's show at the 1,000-capacity House of Blues changed hands for as much as $500. The M+M's are also scheduled to play at House of Blues outlets on Wednesday near Disneyland and on Thursday on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles.

Spears' arrival at the San Diego venue was greeted by a horde of aggressive paparazzi and excited fans.

Wearing a brunette wig, a short top and skirt and tall boots, she performed five of her songs, and barely addressed the crowd, according to fans.

"I think she worked the stage, her body looked great. So it was good to see her finally come back and prove us all wrong," a female fan told Los Angeles TV station KNBC.

Spears, 25, whose professional achievements have been overshadowed by her personal crises, has not released an album since 2003. In that time, pop rivals like Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake have seen their careers soar.

Shortly after her 2004 marriage to her second husband, aspiring rapper Kevin Federline, Spears announced she would take some time off "to enjoy life" and "just chill."

Spears gave birth to two children, hit the Hollywood party scene and began behaving erratically. Far from her early image as a coquettish virgin, Spears generated headlines with her antics and was photographed in December wearing no underwear under her skirt. She appeared to hit bottom in February when she tearfully shaved her head, and then entered rehab for undisclosed problems.

There are signs that Spears is now refocusing on her career. After leaving rehab in March, she promptly finalized a divorce agreement with Federline, and fired her manager, Larry Rudolph.

She is reportedly recording her fifth album, which she started working on last year with red-hot hitmakers like R&B singer Ne-Yo and Swedish producer Max Martin.

The M&M's :huh:

Stay away Britney....seriously.:|

She needs to focus on getting her life together, and quit acting like a spoiled, irresponsible teenage bitch. You're a mother of 2...act like it.

one4u2 said:

The gig, which reportedly lasted between 15 and 20 minutes..

A television news report said $35 tickets for Tuesday's show at the 1,000-capacity House of Blues changed hands for as much as $500.

I would have hoped for a little more for my money.

Maybe she should collaborate with her new best friend...then we could have the worst "music" of all time. Seriously, pop stars as it is are scars on the face of humanity, but anyway most have the same career-lifespan as Britney had, they just normally fade into oblivion as she started to...most just don't end up on a trainwreck as bad as her.

I read that "M+Ms" was supposed to be a combo of M for mom and Ms. for her current marital/single status. either way, all the reports said she just lip synched on stage; still can't figure out the appeal of that. and her little dirty dancing with a male audience member on a chair doesn't seem to display that she learned a lot about self respect in rehab. I'm not a Britney fan anyway though. :shrug:

This thread is better suited for Zoo Station. Seriously, does a forum discussing quality bands and artists need something on Britney? :wink:

Zootlesque said:
This thread is better suited for Zoo Station. Seriously, does a forum discussing quality bands and artists need something on Britney? :wink:

exactly!! :yes:

she isn't worthy of being in this forum.. She is a lip syncing wannabe!:mad:

i got a ticket for 20 bucks so im going :dancing:

is probably still 19.99 too much, but the potential for a trainwreck makes it all worthwhile. britney + vegas = disaster waiting to happen :drool:

Chizip said:
i got a ticket for 20 bucks so im going :dancing:

is probably still 19.99 too much, but the potential for a trainwreck makes it all worthwhile. britney + vegas = disaster waiting to happen :drool:

Why don't you just flush your money down the toilet and save yourself the time?

The disaster factor is appealing I'll admit but it'll all be covered in the tabloids after the fact.

Chizip said:

waildh9.gif

Back
Top Bottom