Britney Spears vs. Alicia Keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is the new class of pop singers an improvement?

• Yes! Vanessa Carlton's, like, SO much better than Britney.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Nope. Same shit, different packaging.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • It's worse! Britney is so much more talented!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
Okay, it seems like the bubblegum pop girls are being replaced by bubblegum pop girls that can play musical instruments.

Ooooh. Impressive. :rolleyes:

OUT (I hope): Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, ad nauseum.

(If I had to guess, I'd say Britney will survive like the plague that she is. If I had my way, Mandy Moore would probably be the sole survivor, since she seems reasonably talented - and NOT a skank ho.)

IN: Alicia Keys, Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, Avril Lavigne.

Does ANYONE think that this is an improvement?

Not to influence your vote, but I'd say, no sir, I still don't like it. It's JUST as calculated, JUST as fake.

So here's the question:

Is this new class of pop singers an improvement?

agreed. i like ms. keyes so much mor than britney or christina and the like. it's still..yeah..but at least it's more tolerable.

I guess it's a bit of an improvement.. at least they play musical instruments. At least, they TRY to. :barf: :rolleyes:

Some improvement ... Though I am not a fan of Alicia, I will admit her music does standout from the young women making music right now.

Vanessa Carlton ... same as Britney ... If I hear that damn song any more I will be forced to jump off the roof of my house.

I like vanessa carlton- a lot. I like her voice and I like her music, which she writes all of by herself. To me she is NOT like the product Britney Spears is and she hasn't died her hair like Christina and she doesn't lip sync or sing someone else's words.. I like her. Britney is such a fake poser slut :mad: who doesn't care about her fans and only cares about her curls and being "cute" or being "sexy" :rolleyes: give me a break. she annoys me so much.

Alicia Keys, she's cool too expect when she opens her mouth she sounds like an ignorant bum. *shrug* oh well.

I guess I have to wait to see how Vanessa fairs or if she sells out, but i'm hoping she doesn't. Until then, Joni Mitchell will stay in my cd player to represent the female singers.

elevatedmole said:
Avril Lavigne is somewhat tolerable except the fact she has the whiniest female voice in pop music. :p
Quote + in regards to this thread:

I was gonna say something about Avril Lavigne not being pop... but her music really is... I was gonna say some of her songs sound rock-esque... but I really dont know anymore... bah! another tolerable form of music ruined! :(

Back
Top Bottom